Explain your name!

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: Names, names...

Postby Tiptup Jr. » April 9th, 2008, 1:03 am

I only wish that game was a reality... I had some good times with McDonaldland. But seriously, Mayor McCheese would win. He could strangle the Hamburglar with his sash. :lol:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Qyzbud » April 9th, 2008, 1:08 am

I was going to ask if nackhe was a Netherlandese name... :P

So how would you pronounce it? Looks almost like you'd say 'Nacky' (like Necky but... with an 'a')
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Stone » April 9th, 2008, 1:34 am

Nice to see someone from the Netherlands. In school we went to the Netherlands to sail on the "VROUWE FRIDA CORNELIA". It was really nice and the people were very friendly. It was just a bit strange that it was possible to look in people's living rooms. ;)
Oh yeah, and I really like looking the Spongebob Movie in dutch with german subtitles. That almost doubles the fun. :D
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby nackhe » April 9th, 2008, 7:00 pm

Qyzbud wrote:I was going to ask if nackhe was a Netherlandese name... :P

So how would you pronounce it? Looks almost like you'd say 'Nacky' (like Necky but... with an 'a')

I don't really know how to pronounce it myself... xD
I guess 'Nacky' would do yes.

Edit:

Stone wrote:Nice to see someone from the Netherlands. In school we went to the Netherlands to sail on the "VROUWE FRIDA CORNELIA". It was really nice and the people were very friendly. It was just a bit strange that it was possible to look in people's living rooms. ;)
Oh yeah, and I really like looking the Spongebob Movie in dutch with german subtitles. That almost doubles the fun.

Hahaha, yeah, that is kinda weird now that I think about it. :D
And nice to know you enjoyed the Dutch version of spongebob.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Re: Your real name?

Postby asmodeus » October 11th, 2008, 11:44 pm

My real name is Simon (German pronunciation).
Trainee Trekker

Postby Tiptup Jr. » October 12th, 2008, 12:12 am

Heh... I was talking to a friend yesterday, and he said that a person from my old school is in juvy right now for knocking a kid out cold last week. His name was Jesse.

My true name is Timothy, but everyone here (new place, grr) calls me Tim. I liked Timmy more, to be honest, but if you call me that here I'll have to destroy your mortal soul. ;)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby BlueTronic » October 12th, 2008, 12:50 am

My real name is Sam, and people call me Sammy as a nickname.

And like Tiptup, if you call me that here I will destroy your soul.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Simion32 » October 12th, 2008, 5:17 am

Err... there is already a names topic here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=98&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a I suppose a mod or admin could combine this thread with the other one?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 331

Postby Gnawzooka » October 12th, 2008, 10:47 am

Oh whoops. :oops: I should probably look more carefully next time.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Swing King » October 13th, 2008, 10:25 am

My real name is Rob, but I go by Bob, Bobbie Robertson, Roberto, or just Robert. If you call me that here YOU MUST DIE!!

Around 4th grade I got the nickname Slush, but I prefer that only around my friends.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Gnawzooka » October 13th, 2008, 7:15 pm

Why is everybody associating their real names with death threats? :shock: And what happened to my first post? :o My real name is Jesse, it said, but it's no longer here....
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby DK4Ever » October 15th, 2008, 12:50 pm

My name... is Harrison.

It's a mouthful, I should really go for a shortened name..
Treasure Hunter

Postby Goe » October 18th, 2008, 11:52 pm

Goe...half name of Goemon
Goe
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby DK4Ever » October 20th, 2008, 4:26 pm

Gnawzooka wrote:Harry?

I'd use that but for me it would always bring up bad memories, and people I'd prefer to forget.

So I have to think of something else.
Treasure Hunter

Postby Rodent » October 20th, 2008, 7:33 pm

Well, my real name is Mat Philps. When I was about nine, a dorky friend of mine came up with a name for me, which was Mattox. I've been using it on and since then, first as my gamer name but recently as a team name kinda thing. My new screen name came about 3 years ago. Mattox was taken on all the forums I wanted to use, so thinking quick I came up with Rodent. Dunno why, but I like it. I've never had a nickname in real life, but I'm thinking I might put something like "Dr Phil" on my year 12 jumper next year. Might catch on, I hope.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Gnawzooka » October 20th, 2008, 8:09 pm

Whoa, that's freaky. :shock: I know another Australian on a forum whose name is Matt. (Mat, Matt, same thing).
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby PotoGamer » October 24th, 2008, 5:24 am

What a coincidence...OR MAYBE IT'S SOMETHING PARANORMAL! *X-Files theme plays*

Well, the Poto part of my name came from my grandma's brother, who had a dog named Poto, then one day my older sister started calling me Poto as a nickname out of the blue sky because it (supposedly) fit me. Then the Gamer part of came from one of my friends, who suggested that be the second part of my name here.
Trailblazer

Postby DKCplayer » October 24th, 2008, 3:37 pm

My real name is Sean. (Pronounced "Shawn")
Well, it's VERY obvious why my forum name is DKCplayer! ;)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby Gnawzooka » October 28th, 2008, 5:07 pm

DKCplayer wrote:My real name is Sean. (Pronounced "Shawn")

I've never understood that...
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Kiddy14 » October 29th, 2008, 6:58 am

DKCplayer wrote:Sean

I wasn't expecting that.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby DKCplayer » October 29th, 2008, 3:27 pm

Expecting what Kiddy14? The fact that was what my name was or the fact I revealed my name here? :|
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby Kiddy14 » October 30th, 2008, 1:12 pm

That fact that was your name =P
I expected, I dunno... Michael or Timothy xD
Your name is pronounced... interestingly. If you wouldn't have told, I'd pronounce it as the verb "seen" =P
I won't say my name... except it's russian O.o
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby PotoGamer » October 30th, 2008, 1:30 pm

Yeah, I sort of expected a name along the lines of Timothy, but now that I think about it, Shawn fits you better! (I think...)

Your name is russian, Kiddy?? I don't know any russian names...

My name is actually a really common one in Puerto Rico, it's José!

(If the last letter of my name doesn't appear, it's because my name uses a special character which is used to emphatize the pronounciation of the syllable.)
Trailblazer

Postby Kiddy14 » October 30th, 2008, 1:46 pm

My name is kind of a variant in russian of it. I actually know how to say it in spanish, english, and italian xD
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby DKCplayer » October 30th, 2008, 3:56 pm

Kiddy14 wrote:I expected, I dunno... Michael or Timothy xD

PotoGamer wrote:Yeah, I sort of expected a name along the lines of Timothy

Timothy? That name would be for an average kid who no one understands.
Spoiler!
(I don't mean to be offensive Tiptup Jr,that is a reference to a theme song off a show. Timothy is a good name.)

Now Kiddy14, I've been wondering about this since you became my friend on Youtube, and it still bugs me today...
Spoiler!
What does Talaivaneizer mean and how do you pronounce it? :|
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby Kiddy14 » October 31st, 2008, 7:18 am

DKCplayer wrote:Now Kiddy14, I've been wondering about this since you became my friend on Youtube, and it still bugs me today...
Spoiler!
What does Talaivaneizer mean and how do you pronounce it? :|

It is actually something hideous I came up with 3 seconds before I created my username, and a horrible reference to my actual name.
It's supposed to be pronounced as it is written; you know when I thought of it I was thinking in spanish =P
I hate it now, and sometimes think is silly xD
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby CaptainEddie » January 1st, 2009, 2:29 am

Ok, for starters, my name is not Eddie.My name is Jason. I used Eddie because...well, if I said so, I would have to kill you all. And I used Captain becuz pirates are cool.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby BlueTronic » January 1st, 2009, 3:14 am

Was it because of
Image? :P
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Rodent » January 1st, 2009, 7:16 pm

Gnawzooka wrote:Whoa, that's freaky. :shock: I know another Australian on a forum whose name is Matt. (Mat, Matt, same thing).

If you find someone with my last name from Australia (who isn't my brother, parents or grandparents) then I'll mail you $20.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Qyzbud » January 6th, 2009, 11:20 am

My tech teacher in high school was a Mr Stuart Philps... nice enough guy, but very strange.

...I hope I didn't just insult your dad or something. :lol:

So, about that twenty bucks... :P
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Gnawzooka » January 6th, 2009, 11:49 am

I think I've known someone but I can't quite remember who...
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Rodent » January 6th, 2009, 11:56 am

Qyzbud wrote:My tech teacher in high school was a Mr Stuart Philps... nice enough guy, but very strange.

...I hope I didn't just insult your dad or something. :lol:

So, about that twenty bucks... :P

My dad's a cop actually. And if you insulted him, I'd get you maced. :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Names, names... aren`t they weird sometimes?

Postby SmudgeKWOOD » May 21st, 2009, 5:20 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Alex, my sons name is Chris. (Just note whenever "Hay hay" is said, that`s my son, if not said, it`s me) The name SmudgeKWOOD has a long story to it... not that long, actually. (Told by Chris)
I was playing a PS2 game so-called, "Tony Hawk`s Underground." (AKA T.H.U.G.) (Google it) My dad hooked up a phone line so I could play with other people VIA the internet. (Which we got a few days ago...) My original name was Smudge, a fat plump fictionized cat that Erin Hunter, an author, came up with. But, he was friendly & easy going. I am not fat or plump, but am easy going & friendly. So, my friends started calling me Smudge.
Anyway, back to T.H.U.G., there was a server for a clan of people called "KRIPS." They would put <KRIPS> after there names. But, they were mean and cheated alot. So, I created KWOOD, a non-cheater group of the best T.H.U.G players WITHOUT cheats. (KWOOD is short for Kirkwood, my favorite ski resort) I put <KWOOD> after my name, and a KRIPS member named Mini Me (Who quit KRIPS) saw the <KWOOD> and asked to join. I let him, and also made him the advertizer. Soon, KRIPS lost its popularity, and KWOOD ended up being the 2nd largest clan. After that, my dad was making a youtube account and couldn`t think of a username.
"How about my T.H.U.G. name?" I asked him. He nodded his head, and put Smudge<KWOOD> into the username and continued. But, turned out the < & > symbols were not useable, so he just put SmudgeKWOOD in there & it was created. We then used this name for everything, and it`s now our DKC Atlas username.
Names you can call Chris:
SmudgeKWOOD
Smudge
Chris
C-Dog (Kirkwood name)
C-Star (Have no idea, some friend just did)
Names you can call Alex:
SmudgeKWOOD
Alex
Al
Alligator (My job calls me that. They say that`s what I am)
That wraps it up!
On Probation

Postby Kimi Kong » June 28th, 2010, 5:36 pm

My real name is Alexis.
My real life nickname is Lexi.
My preferred names are either Lexi or Kimi. Either is fine with me.

:mrgreen:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby Scraps69 » June 28th, 2010, 5:48 pm

Is the name Alexis Greek?

I use two names.

ShaCur is for real-life encounters over the internet. It's the name of the protagonist in a 20,000 or so word book I wrote a few years ago.

Scraps is for internet encounters on the internet (with 69 or 007 behind it). I used to play a game called Netstorm and the idea was to make the big islands with the best resources yours. Thing with me was that I was and still am a rubbish real time strategy player. Whenever I play 2's, my ally would always get the better islands and I would end up with the 'scrap' islands. So, I made the name Scrapy The Dog (I love dogs as well). Over time I shortened it to Scraps.

My real name? Heh.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby Kimi Kong » June 28th, 2010, 5:52 pm

I'm not sure really. I know my mama didn't get it from a book a Greek Anthology.

And cute name! :)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 29th, 2010, 2:28 am

Scraps69 wrote:My real name? Heh.

So your real name is Heh... interesting. Wonder where that's from. :P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Scraps69 » June 29th, 2010, 1:33 pm

Cheeky monkey. I'm going to lock you inside a barrel. hehehe.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby Phyreburnz » August 18th, 2010, 8:09 am

My real name is Molly, and I HATE IT! Not only that, but my friggin' initials are MRS! My middle name (I think) isn't as lame as my first, Renee... except it's spelled retarded...

Phyreburnz came about because I'm evil. I wanted it horribly misspelled because it's silly and most people ask what it means... Fire Burns, that's what it means. But it's just because I'm such an awful person, yay!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby HavocReaper48 » October 23rd, 2010, 6:39 am

My nick has a large backstory to it...

When I was younger, I used to be addicted to this game called "Ratchet: Deadlocked". I was a big Ratchet & Clank game fan at the time (nowadays not so much), and this was the first major game that I got into playing online with. Well, my early days I was known as "Mr. E Player" or "Justin2496" (you can guess my real name now, right?). Initially, I was a noob. Wasn't everyone? Grab the rocket, strafe, and FIRE. I'm not talking Halo-like rockets that have instant-kills and huge explosions, more like thin missiles fired from an RPG that take about half your life away. Not to mention those lava mods. Or those freeze mods if you're that cheap (hit---->extremely easy hit & kill).

Anyway, my early days were somewhat slow, until I met a username under the name, HavocReaper48. He and I got along and played a ton of team battles together, with the clan "STR8 B@LL1N" (lol). Our team color was usually maroon. We were both such rocket noobs, but we together slowly got better. Eventually we moved onto different weapons and improved. Except for that sniper rifle without any aimer when not scoping, never caught on to that.

Somewhere along the end of the line, though, he plain disappeared. Gone. He never logged on again and did not even remove me or anything from his friends list (I still have him on now). Just, disappeared, I never heard from him again, and I never knew what happened.

So, I keep this nick in memory of our noobish glories... :D
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Chibisai Kong » November 25th, 2010, 11:12 am

You know, Scraps69, I think her name's Russian.

My real name is Alexandra but few people other than the people on my dad's side of my family still call me that on a regular basis. Kids at school call me Alex though the friends I met through my brother or mom or sister just call me by what my mom's side of my family calls me which is Xan(pronounced Zan).

I have no clue where the 'Alex' thing came from but I've been called that at school for years. My mom said she accidentally called me Xandra one time when she was trying to say my real name and it sorta stuck. Eventually it got down to Xan.

People on the internet, aside from Lexi and some other friends, call me by whatever name they find me having.

My email is Dklover101295 because I'm a huge fan of the Donkey Kong series. I'll let you guess where the numbers came from.

My user names everywhere come from either characters or shows. 'Raan Daughter Of Balthier' (a FFXII character), 'Dr. Teeth's One True Fan' (I'm a Muppet fan as well), 'Two Sides Of The Same Whole' (that one actually came from a DKC drawing I did), 'ShadowxRouge Forever' (fav Sonic pairing), 'Manax Of Konoha' (I have several different Naruto OCs), 'Countess Grei' (Mario character), 'Barbossa's Little Angel' (Barbs is my fav PotC character aside from Jack Sparrow)---all those names came from whatever I was into at the time.

Chibisai Kong is a pink-haired DKC character I created. He is the boyfriend of another OC named Annimilla, who is DK's daughter. Chibi gets along pretty well.

Feel free to call me any of those names.

Qyzbud, I always thought it was Quiz-Bud. I know a girl whose name is spelled and pronounced like yours
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Chibisai Kong » March 8th, 2011, 12:43 pm

Swing King wrote:Around 4th grade I got the nickname Slush, but I prefer that only around my friends.

So then... YOU'RE the Slush from DKVine?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Ribbedebie » March 9th, 2011, 1:36 am

Ribbedebie is a Flemish word that means as much as "gone; disappeared". I read it in a comic once, and it stuck. It's pretty funny anyhow! :P (I'm not Flemish though. I'm Dutch.) However, my parents also use the name. It's bothersome! So, if said Ribbedebie draws and rambles about DKC, it's me. :P

I also call myself Vianerd, which is just some sort of parody on my last name one of my friends thought up.

My "real" name, alas in real life, is Renée. But then... I rarely refer to me as that on the internet.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby Chibisai Kong » March 9th, 2011, 12:08 pm

I like the name Renee. It's pretty. A lot prettier than Alexandra. And I remember you saying somewhere that writing fanfiction helps you with English so that made me think you weren't from a country that spoke mainly English.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Phyreburnz » March 9th, 2011, 1:05 pm

My middle name is Renee! XD Silliness!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Katzii » March 19th, 2011, 7:12 pm

I don't think that's DKV Slush.

Anyway, my forum name originates from the name of the character who people know me by on the Internet (at least for the last six years!). Simple enough, I'd like to think.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Mayo » March 19th, 2011, 8:00 pm

Interweb names:

Mayo- Doesn't come from 'Mayonnaise' as you may be expecting, actually was named after a Chao who I called Mayo (I'm a SA2B/SADX player, and yes, I'm obsessed with Chao XD). This is my current nickname.

Sapphire/Sapphirechao- My previous internet name, named after a very early fancharacter and also the fact that my birthstone is sapphire. At times my username may be merged with Sapphire and Mayo, so I may be known as Sapphiremayo.

I've had other internet names before, but these two are the main ones.

My real name:
Michelle (a generic uninteresting girl's name 8D)
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 4

Postby Ribbedebie » March 20th, 2011, 10:20 pm

Phyreburnz wrote:My middle name is Renee! XD Silliness!

Haha, what a coincidence! xD

Yeah, I come from the Netherlands, thus my native tongue is Dutch. I'm mostly self-taught English, though... and I learned it from videogames. Ha. My English may not be the best, but at least I'm understandable. I hope. :lol:
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes