Donkey Kong Country 4: The Kongs Return

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Re: Donkey Kong Country 4: The Kongs Return

Postby GhostThrow » April 27th, 2016, 6:38 am

Huh, I thought I gave feedback on this but I guess I didn't oooops :krool: But seriously the new demo was incredible!! Aside from a few odd hitboxes and the boss being, in my opinion, disappointing- it was such a wonderful experience! :D A blast from the past truly, the old combinations of grounds and even the new levels like the graveyard were too incredible! Loved the music too, especially the temple song :) And the best is still teaming up certain kongs that never got the chance, Donkey n' Dixie were too cool together!! Again thanks to the whole team who brought this to life, I can't wait for more updates in the future!! :funky:
Newcomer
Bananas received 2

Postby thetoad11 » April 27th, 2016, 8:06 am

I'm gonna take the credit for the temple song, because that was 100% me. Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 50

Postby GhostThrow » April 28th, 2016, 7:22 am

thetoad11 wrote:I'm gonna take the credit for the temple song, because that was 100% me. Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

Sweet it's incredibly catchy too, and you're welcome! Do toad's like nanners? Here's one anyway lol
Newcomer
Bananas received 2

Postby EHX » June 18th, 2016, 1:41 am

Hey wow, I found this via a forum entry on MMO Attack, and the screenshot there showed... Tikis??? Nut pistols??? Incredible! Must download! :thumbs: :clap: :dkjc: :diddyrock: :nicework:
EDIT: Sorry if that's too many smilies, I'm just excited about how awesome that is.
EHX
Newcomer

Postby EHX » June 18th, 2016, 1:48 am

MediaFire removed the file. Download doesn't work anymore. Please make a new link.
(Sometimes I'd like pretty much to hack MediaFire and delete that file removal possibility for good... :mprambihead: )
EHX
Newcomer

Postby Tonberry2000 » June 18th, 2016, 6:01 am

If you guys are looking for objects and backgrounds to edit for ideas, the Oddworld games seem like a good place to do that. http://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_com ... esoddysee/
Trailblazer
Bananas received 30

Postby petey_olivarez » July 29th, 2016, 3:37 am

I want to play DKC4 but I don't have my own personal computer. How would I go about doing that?
Newcomer

Postby DKBros27568 » November 19th, 2016, 12:47 pm

(Warning: My english is not very good so i hope everything is understandable.)

Hello Guys.

It's been a while since ANYONE posted something on this thread. :kiddysad:
So i decided to upload THE ULTIMATE DOWNLOADPACK :gift: with multiple things about DKC 4 in it!

The 1st thing in this pack is the latest version of Donkey Kong Country 4 - The Kong's Returns.
But here comes something special.
I made an ALTERNATE MUSIC PACK :banana: for this demo.
These soundtracks are fanmade DKC soundfont tracks from this thread, youtube and soundcloud!
Please see this pack as an alternate music pack ONLY and NOT as an "the original music sucks so i changed it" pack!

The 2nd stuff in this pack is the simple 2012 demo of Donkey Kong Country 4 - The Kongs Returns.
I put this version in the pack just because it seems like you can not download it anywhere else at the moment.

The 3rd stuff is the complete fangame Donkey Kong Country 4 - The DK Bay & the absolutly needed "keyboard-to-controller emulation" JoytoKey (search on YouTube for tutorials if you want to know how JoytoKey works) for it.

DONKEY KONG COUNTRY 4 ULTIMATE PACK :gift: :
https://mega.nz/#F!yRUTUIaJ!VfSUPtlFoDL ... g!yEUE1KKR

And on my MEGA-Downloadpage is also an seperate folder with the DKC soundfont tracks themself and the credit who create them!:
https://mega.nz/#F!yRUTUIaJ!VfSUPtlFoDL ... g!Lcs3VaYS

I hope you have fun this pack :thumbs:
Tourist
Bananas received 4

Postby OneOf99 » November 22nd, 2016, 8:47 am

This actually raises a question- is this project still being worked on? Or was there a DMCA issued?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Tonberry2000 » November 22nd, 2016, 10:42 pm

I think we would have heard if it got DMCA-ed. I've been wondering what the status is too, though.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 30

Postby Eliko » November 25th, 2016, 5:40 am

Was this "only" a fangame or had it potential to be a whole level builder? Is it in general possible to make with Multimedia Fusion 2/Clickteam Fusion 2 a level builder?
Next point i think its very sad that hyperkalango and leo_core didn't posted the incomplete Project here that other people could continue this very nice made DK4 Game on clickteam fusion 2.

Sorry for my bad english :/
Newcomer

Postby OneOf99 » February 10th, 2017, 2:16 pm

It has been over 9 months since the last update. What is going on? I'll assume this is a dead project (shame cause it got so far).
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby VideoViking » February 11th, 2017, 4:46 pm

The project may be on hiatus...

But that doesn't mean the guys are no longer on the internet.

Hint: Check their Facebook page. Last post on February 5.

DKC4 Facebook Page wrote:Salve pessoal... Que Saudades do projeto
Queria Dizer que o projeto ficou parado por um tempo devido as nossas rotinas, Em tempos de Crise parece que temos que trabalhar dobrado e isso não faz sentido não é verdade?
Mas isso não vem ao caso
Queria dizer q aos poucos estamos tentando voltar ao Projeto sendo q a Engine principal está totalmente reformulada e pronta
Houve algumas mudanças nos movimentos devido algumas reclamações de jogabilidade. Mas o demais está pronto
Pedimos desculpas pela demora e esperamos ter tempo suficiente pra terminar esse projeto....Grato pela compreensão

Google Translate wrote:Save people ... What are you missing from the project?
I wanted to say that the project was stopped for a while due to our routines, In times of crisis it seems that we have to work doubled and that does not make sense is not it?
But that is beside the point
I wanted to say that we are gradually trying to get back to the Project and that the main Engine is completely redesigned and ready
There were some changes in the moves due to some gameplay complaints. But the rest is ready
We apologize for the delay and hope to have enough time to finish this project .... Thank you for understanding
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 41

Postby CatLoverMolly » March 8th, 2017, 3:18 pm

The most recent demo has been reuploaded by the team itself; https://www.mediafire.com/?muj7suf35sbh0n2
There is also a new gif of the updated engine on their facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/dkc4project/
You can keep up with updates here; just make sure to scroll past the pinned posts!
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 100

Postby Goe » June 1st, 2017, 7:28 am

CatLoverMolly, the other day I downloaded the file and it has a trojan, named Trojan.Gen.8!Cloud. Please re-upload the file without malware.

Of course, I think that wasn't intentional, but please fix it
Goe
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Marcos Santos » June 18th, 2017, 8:32 am

Everyone knows that Brazil is going through a very difficult time with a terrible economic, political, social and ethical crisis, and i'm so sad that this one is happening. But I believe a lot in God and I have a lot of faith that they will be able to finish this wonderful project made with lots of love for all Donkey Kong Country fans including myself that was born the year Diddy's Kong Quest was launched for Super Nintendo. I've already downloaded the v0.3 demo of DKC4, and I love it despite losing lives stupidly.
Newcomer
Bananas received 2

Postby Phyreburnz » July 4th, 2017, 9:19 am

Hi everybody!

I have some very exciting news.

Fernando and Leo are working on getting this new demo ready and it should be ready soon.

Thank you so much for your patience. We are all adults with all of our own lives, jobs, and other goings-on, so sometimes crap happens. We all very much want to continue working, but it will take time. This project will take quite some time. But, as I said, we do all still very much want to continue working on it.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby OneOf99 » July 4th, 2017, 9:28 am

Got to say, as much as I am excited that a new demo is coming, that overworld looks like *explicative*. Sorry, but I really don't like it. I preferred the way the first world was styled after the DKC overworlds with its grainy textures and whatnot. However, I'm still happy that the project is moving forward! Best of luck to the team!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Cosmicman » July 5th, 2017, 7:23 am

I think I asked a few years back, or maybe I asked Simion32, but I wanted to know if its possible to play the game widescreen, not stretched but real widescreen, something like what Nintendo did with Mario Maker, the game could benefit so much from this, imagine all the extra time you have to plan ahead, plus all the positive things a wider screen will provide.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby thetoad11 » July 5th, 2017, 9:55 am

I guess I should focus on composing again
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 50

Postby Super Luigi! » August 26th, 2017, 2:02 am

Thanks for the news, dear Phyreburnz. I truly wish you and the team the best.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby thetoad11 » November 9th, 2017, 12:26 pm

I keep forgetting that the instagram and facebook page are the best way to get updates for this now.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 50

Postby Ninni973 » June 24th, 2018, 12:58 pm

OK, so I bought 2 SNES USB controllers from Amazon, and got to play DKC4 on my grandma's computer (since it runs faster than my laptop) using one of those controllers, and to my surprise, it worked perfectly with the game. :thumbs:

So when OneOf99 asked leo_core if the game would be playable with a gamepad, and he said you can, he (leo_core) was right. Much better than having to use the occasionally confusing keyboard, and feels much more like you're playing an actual DKC game. :D
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Postby rainbowsprinklez » July 1st, 2018, 10:55 am

Ninni973 wrote: Much better than having to use the occasionally confusing keyboard, and feels much more like you're playing an actual DKC game. :D

Look up joy2key. It is a cool program that maps your gamepad to key bindings. REALLY helpful if you want to use controller but only keyboard works.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 108

Postby Ed. Alves999 » March 25th, 2019, 7:54 am

Hello guys, I am back and the Team DKC4 back too!!!
Now the physics of gravity are ready for all Kongs and you can see the new post on Facebook page! :D :thumbs:
Thanks to Hiperkalango to make this!!!
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 35

Postby oddMLan » March 25th, 2019, 9:58 am

Woww, the timing. I just randomly remembered about this project that I found out about many years ago, and today they post an update :D
Great to know that the project isn't dead!

HyperKalango should probably make a Discord server for us fans to follow the project. I have a Facebook account but I don't use it
Newcomer

Postby Ed. Alves999 » March 25th, 2019, 1:27 pm

Falling Gravity of Kongs are almost ready...
Hiperkalango is the best!
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 35

Postby Super Luigi! » March 27th, 2019, 12:45 pm

Thanks for the update, Ed. Alves999. I wish you and the DKC4 team the best. Hopefully, all goes well with the Kong gravity.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby PegasusMan » March 28th, 2019, 9:23 am

I second that! After all, DKC4 is the closest thing we have to a brand new DKC game. Keep up the amazing work! :banana:
Previously "Donkey Kong Fan"
Bananas received 8

Postby Ed. Alves999 » May 19th, 2019, 3:02 am

Super Luigi! wrote:Thanks for the update, Ed. Alves999. I wish you and the DKC4 team the best. Hopefully, all goes well with the Kong gravity.

Thanks a lot dude! I am very appreciated!
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 35

Postby Ed. Alves999 » May 19th, 2019, 3:03 am

PegasusMan wrote:I second that! After all, DKC4 is the closest thing we have to a brand new DKC game. Keep up the amazing work! :banana:

Thank you!!!
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 35

Postby Ed. Alves999 » May 19th, 2019, 3:04 am

A new build stage of demo 3 will be release soon...
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 35

Postby Super Luigi! » May 19th, 2019, 11:16 am

I shall eagerly await your update, Ed. Alves999. Please continue to work hard and succeed.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Ed. Alves999 » May 19th, 2019, 11:25 am

Super Luigi! wrote:I shall eagerly await your update, Ed. Alves999. Please continue to work hard and succeed.

Thank you very much! My job with sprites of demo 3 is done! But I make beta tests of gameplay physics made by Hiperkalango and level design made by Leocore, and I tested my Tiny Kong with some beta build by me.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 35

Postby Super Luigi! » May 19th, 2019, 11:29 am

That sounds quite impressive. You, Hiperkalango, and Leocore will surely create a masterpiece. Good luck!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Ed. Alves999 » May 19th, 2019, 3:27 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:That sounds quite impressive. You, Hiperkalango, and Leocore will surely create a masterpiece. Good luck!

:dixiehappy: Thank you again dude! Tomorrow Leocore will release stage build of demo 3. :diddywink: :thumbs:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 35

Postby the_kong_br » May 22nd, 2019, 9:43 am

I thought the project had died ... I'm glad it was taken up again!
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby Ed. Alves999 » May 23rd, 2019, 2:46 pm

Here guys, you will find download link of stage sample in Facebook page and YouTube channel...
https://www.facebook.com/13141079364811 ... 287742883/
https://youtu.be/tvyI0EffJIY
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 35

Postby Cosmicman » May 28th, 2019, 12:44 am

Nice stage, very challenging, plus the music from this game is absolutely incredible.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Super Luigi! » May 29th, 2019, 12:36 pm

I like all of the ideas shown in that video. Well done.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Ed. Alves999 » June 15th, 2019, 12:55 am

Hello guys! My friend André want create a account here... He's created DKCT, (Donkey Kong Country Trilogy) and still in development... He want make a topic about your game!!! Can you admin enable "create account" options please???
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 35

Postby Retro » August 7th, 2019, 11:14 pm

Ed. Alves999: Your best bet would probably be PMing Qyzbud. I've done so on your behalf.
Tourist
Bananas received 5

Postby Ed. Alves999 » January 24th, 2022, 11:49 pm

;) Hi guys!
Attachments
245444007_4134023320053492_2780623404360914590_n.jpg
Krazy Kremcity!
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 35

Postby Ed. Alves999 » January 24th, 2022, 11:52 pm

Thank you Molly for the tileset! :thumbs:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 35

Postby Jinx » May 8th, 2022, 3:18 am

Is this still available somehow? I'd really like to try it, but, sadly, the links have all been taken down. Perhaps a more resilient distribution method could be used? (e.g. torrents?)
Newcomer
Bananas received 1

PreviousNext

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks