DKC SNES Trilogy: Differences between revisions

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

Re: DKC SNES Trilogy: Differences between revisions

Postby Tompa » April 11th, 2008, 12:07 am

Nackhe: Well, you can try some of the glitches mentioned here. As you live in Europe I presume you are using the PAL version of the game. One thing you can try is to carry a barrel and jump on an enemy. If the barrel is going straight up in the air, you are using V 1.1, if it isn't you are using 1.0.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Postby The Kirby » April 11th, 2008, 3:11 am

I tried Arne's method of getting a game over in the Competition Cartridge, and noticed that you're allowed to get back to the file select screen. Interestingly, the Competition Cartridge will accept SRM's from other versions of DKC, so I was able to rename one of my completed SRM's so that the Competition Cartridge could use it. I was able to access the entire map on the Competition Cartridge! I tested a few levels (verified that the harmless Mini-Necky is fixed in this revision, and the Trick Track Trek platform doesn't fall like a brick like it does in NTSC 1.0)

It seems that several of the levels in this revision freeze when you get to the end, like it does for Croctopus Chase. But most of them don't, and usually take you to the next level map-wise, unless a non-level area is after it, such as Cranky/Funky/Candy (I played through Rope Bridge Rumble, and the next level was Really Gnawty Rampage, and after THAT the game sent me back to Jungle Hijinx... I guess boss levels break the rules a bit.) I think the biggest difference between the Competition Cartridge and the normal versions is a lot of the "level warps" have been modified. So that's something that could be documented. :)

I also noticed that if you select Gang-Plank Galleon on the map, the game'll freeze...
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 5

Postby Qyzbud » April 11th, 2008, 12:01 pm

Good additions and reminders, guys. I'll try to get this tally completely up to date as soon as possible.

It's interesting to discover the logic/rules of the Competition Cartridge... They seem to have altered it a fair bit more than I first realised.

A thought:
DKC's NTSC 1.0 release seems to have a couple of bugs/conditions that don't occur in any other version... I'm thinking it would make sense to call this the original release of DKC, unless any solid evidence is brought to our attention which proves otherwise. PAL 1.0's release date was a day earlier, but that doesn't mean much. The code for the NTSC release could have been finalised months beforehand, for all we know.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby The Kirby » April 11th, 2008, 12:49 pm

I think I heard a long time ago that most game developers will develop the game in NTSC format initially before making it in PAL, due to the technical difficulties involved. So it's not too out of the question that the NTSC 1.0 is earlier than PAL 1.0, despite the latter's earlier release date.

The JAP revisions are in NTSC format, so it'd probably be better to distinguish them by the region they were released in, rather than the format they're in. NTSC and PAL are different electronic standards or something... I don't know too much about it in general, but I do know that nearly all NTSC SNES games (and probably for other systems, too) play at 60 FPS, where as PAL is 50 FPS. So people who play the PAL versions will have a slightly slower playing experience (I think it's most noticeable during DKC3's intros, where the action doesn't keep up with the music in the same way it does in the NTSC versions.) NTSC is used in Japan and the USA, and PAL is used in Europe and Oceania.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 5

Postby Qyzbud » April 11th, 2008, 1:31 pm

I think you're right about that, or most of it.

Just to clarify though; You mean NTSC here, right? I believe NSRT is Nach's SNES ROM Tool. :)
Feel free to edit your post.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby The Kirby » April 11th, 2008, 1:35 pm

Yeah, meant NSTC. Four letters... both start with "N"... it plays with your mind. :shock:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 5

Postby Qyzbud » April 11th, 2008, 1:40 pm

Yeah, it does. :P

For those interested:
NTSC - National Television System Committee (wiki link)
PAL - Phase Alternating Line (wiki link)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Stone » April 11th, 2008, 7:50 pm

Someone (Qyzbud?) mentioned the difference between the gameplay demos in DKC 2 between the E and U version.
Yes they are different, but it looks like the input commands are the same, maybe through the 60:50 difference glitched it up because Diddy can't catch the rope.
I hope that this is not the emulators fault :)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Qyzbud » April 11th, 2008, 9:02 pm

Yeah, that's true, too... Someone will have to check the *real* DKC2 NTSC version(s), as I only have access to their ROMs. Both snes9x and ZSNES (and v1.0, 1.1, JAP, NTSC...) do the same thing with the DKC2 demo (at least at my end...), but perhaps there's something else going on. Seems like a very strange error to leave... Especially since the desync leads to Dixie never even appearing in the NTSC demos. It's just too weird. I guess they just really didn't care about the demos in DKC2. Sure doesn't seem like they spent more than 30 seconds making them... :roll:

The thread for discussing the demos can be found here.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Weird thing about Criss Kross Cliffs

Postby Blaziken257 » April 14th, 2008, 2:53 am

Note: This post and those below were moved here from the DKC3 discussion board

It seems that there are at least two SNES versions of the game... I'll show you what I mean.

Watch this video:

...then compare it to this video:

...and you'll see that the second one has LOTS of Buzzes where the first one doesn't. Also, where Koin is, the switch barrel is in a different place! In the first video, it's to the left of Koin, and in the second one, it's to the right! Why is it different in different copies of the game?
Last edited by Qyzbud on December 9th, 2012, 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed "Zingers" to "Buzzes" and embedded YouTube videos for easier reference
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Re: Weird thing about Criss Kross Cliffs

Postby The Kirby » April 14th, 2008, 5:58 am

Rather interesting stuff. I've always noticed how weird this particular level is when I played it on my SNES, which was American 1.0. I never really played DKC3 extensively in any other version, so these subtle level differences sort of missed my radar.

It seems that every other revision of DKC3 has the extra Red Buzzes (English PAL 1.0 and Japanese 1.0/1.1) except for American 1.0. Same goes with the Bazooka enemy at the bottom of the stage, which seems to have been placed below viewing range in American 1.0.

For the Switch Barrel next to the Koin, it's on the left in American 1.0 and Japanese 1.0, but on the right in English PAL 1.0 and Japanese 1.1.

Thanks for pointing this out. I probably wouldn't have been able to notice it if you hadn't. :)
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 5

Postby Qyzbud » April 14th, 2008, 12:00 pm

Likewise, I hadn't noticed this. So it's mostly extra red buzzes? Helps to overcome the quirk of ignoring the lower, off-screen buzzes, which let the kegs past.

I guess we can again assume that the USA v1.0 is the original release.

Blaz, do you mind if I merge this topic with the Differences between revisions thread? Seems like these comments belong in such a place, as I created that thread specifically for such observations.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Blaziken257 » May 4th, 2008, 5:20 am

Sorry for the late reply but go ahead and merge it with the other thread.

Qyz says: *done*
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby Tompa » May 4th, 2008, 9:33 pm

The VC version of DKC PAL is 1.1, I really doubt that they made any modifications to it. And the warps in the first world work, even though you have written in the OP that they aren't.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Postby Qyzbud » May 5th, 2008, 11:59 am

Thanks, Tompa; I've corrected the listings. :)

I've also noticed an extra DK barrel and considerably fewer Krashes and overturned carts in the JAP DKC versions of Mine Cart Carnage... One of these days I'll play the JAP version/s the whole way through and document all level objects which have been added/removed. I'm very intrigued.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

DKC3 (SNES) - The "G" Letter In Rocket Rush - Theory

Postby request dude » May 17th, 2008, 10:40 am

Well, as I am new on this forum, I want to start on it with a topic we are familiar with
Everybody (or at least many of us) should have played DKC3 for SNES and tried to pass it all (either with the 103% or the 105%), including the bonuses, DK coins, and (in my case) the letters of each level
The ones who have played this game may know that on the level "Rocket Rush" (for the ones who dont know, is the "last" level of the game before the 2º battle with K,Rool), there is something that is disturbing everybody (or at least to me :P)...

WHERE IN THE HELL IS THE G LETTER ON THIS LEVEL????!!!!

Well, the other day I was trying (with no results, of course) to find it... and after a compulsory playthorugh, I had a brilliat theory to find out where is it:
1) Somehow, the creators of the game just "forgot" to put it in :P
2) (This is the real one) I know that on DKC3 for GBA the G letter is clearly visible to find, and according to other games made from GBA taken from SNES' ones, the letter has to be in the same position as it is in GBA, no?
I mean, take this examples:
* The bonuses in GBA are in the same place as they are in SNES
* The DK coins, the same
* The enemies (?), the same
So, the letters MUST be in the same place

If anyone can send me a picture of where the G letter is in GBA, I will try to find it on SNES
If not, please anyone send me another theory, because this f*@#€¬g letter is pissing me off :P

I thanks you in advance, see ya!!!
Tourist

Re: DKC3 (SNES) - The "G" Letter In Rocket Rush - Theory

Postby Cody » May 17th, 2008, 11:25 am

There is no G, as odd as it is.

I did find one glitch unintentionally while experimenting, too!

Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Blaziken257 » May 17th, 2008, 11:38 am

I heard that the European version of DKC3 had a G.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby Qyzbud » May 17th, 2008, 2:14 pm

Hey, that's strange indeed. I never knew that the US version had no :g:.

Here are a couple of quick snaps to show where it is in the EUR version 1.0:
dkc3_rocket_rush_g_pal.png
Wassup, G?
dkc3_rocket_rush_g_pal.png (43.57 KiB) Viewed 435085 times

Here's the same spot on the US version 1.0:
dkc3_rocket_rush_no_g_us1.0.png
Yo G, where you at?
dkc3_rocket_rush_no_g_us1.0.png (19.91 KiB) Viewed 435080 times

I'll take a look at other (JAP) versions to try and figure this out... It's funny to think that they forgot to include the very last KONG Letter of the entire trilogy, eh? :P

Nicely spotted, request dude!

Oh, welcome to DKC Atlas, too. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kiddy14 » May 17th, 2008, 2:28 pm

Ghonszah! Yay! You're now also at the forums =)

That's indeed something I've always hated. Why the PAL Version has it but NTSC doesn't? Ugh...
Anyway, I wonder if it is in the Japanese version, it should be at least in one.

By the Way, not everything in the GBA version is where the SNES version was. For example, a Knocka is located beneath the semi-circle bananas in Tidal Trouble, where in the SNES there isn't anything. The GBA Rucket Rush is WAAAAY different than its SNES counterpart, and it doesn't have a Midway Barrel. =P

EDIT: Here's Rainiac666's take on the GBA version of Rocket Rush, it is indeed a G, but it's located in another place =P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Qyzbud » May 17th, 2008, 2:52 pm

Looks like the JAP versions (SNES) both have a G, so it's only the US one where it's missing. Or should I say missin'. ;)

Well, as I'm sure some of you would expect, I'll now pop over to the Differences between revisions thread to add this to the DKC3 US v1.0 checklist!
EDIT: Actually, it would make a whole lot of sense for me to merge this thread into the differences thread. I'll do that. *done*
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kiddy14 » May 17th, 2008, 2:57 pm

You should also add the Weird Criss Kross Cliffs' added Barrels and Buzzes in PAL and Japanese versions ;)

-bug(?) causes barrels to shoot straight up if held during a jump attack

I don't understand, what does it mean? =S
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Qyzbud » May 17th, 2008, 3:25 pm

Oh, what I meant by that is as follows:
If you jump on a baddie while holding a barrel, the barrel will launch straight up at high speed, never to be seen again...
I should reword what you quoted; I agree that it's hard to understand.

I've added to DKC3's US version 1.0 (the only US version) checklist:
-no KONG Letter 'G' in Rocket Rush ...thanks, request dude! (discuss this)
-fewer red Buzzes in Criss Kross Cliffs ...these were added to other releases to fix a bug (more info)

Also; I mentioned the CKC Buzzes just now... but what's this about about extra barrels?
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kiddy14 » May 17th, 2008, 3:26 pm

Ooops, I was thinking in other things, there's nothing about barrels xD Sorry.

Qyzbud wrote:If you jump on a baddie while holding a barrel, the barrel will launch straight up at high speed, never to be seen again...

Oh thanks, yeah, at first I understanded that if you jumped into a baddie and then enter a barrel, it would shoot you inmediatily, which was weird =P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Qyzbud » May 17th, 2008, 3:41 pm

Kiddy14 wrote:That's indeed something I've always hated. Why the European Version has it but the American doesn't? Ugh...

Wait; so you knew about this, and didn't tell us?! :o
How could you. :cry:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kiddy14 » May 17th, 2008, 3:53 pm

A long, long time ago... (about 2 months =P) I watched Quirino26's take on a Rocket rush challenge, I saw he had the G in the level and since he's from the Netherlands, I thought he may have the PAL version, but then I completely forgot, until the Request Dude started the thread =)

Anyway another thing I've noticed is that Pot Hole Panic is different also in PAL!

The Booty Bird is moved a little further.
There isn't any G! But it can be in the Booty Bird =)

Watch this, and this.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Qyzbud » May 17th, 2008, 4:26 pm

Ah, nicely spotted. I'll have to add that now, too!

I do wonder why they changed some of these things... there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to this particular change. It's a shame for the non-US players, who miss out on that banana bunch.
:lol:

Edit: I noticed another important difference; here's a quick layout comparison...

(please excuse the crude nature of these layouts)

Pot-Hole-Panic-end-area-ori.png
Original layout, near the end of Pot Hole Panic: DKC3 US v1.0
Pot-Hole-Panic-end-area-ori.png (81.35 KiB) Viewed 435039 times

Pot-Hole-Panic-end-area-rev.png
Revised layout for all other releases (EUR 1.0, JAP v1.0 & v1.1)
Pot-Hole-Panic-end-area-rev.png (87.05 KiB) Viewed 435040 times

As you've probably spotted, the other difference is that in the revised layout, a Buzz is guarding the area to the far right, in place of the Kuchuka.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby request dude » May 18th, 2008, 4:08 am

Thanks a lot Kiddyy14 (or should I call you talaivaneizer :P), this video of Rainiac doing "Rocket Rush" in GBA cleared me up some thoughts that were confusing my mind :?
by the way, I've read some comments after mine, and my theory was dropped as I could see...
Aparentlly the eurpoean version HAS a G, while the USA's one doesnt... How careless where the designers of DKC3 in USA for not putting the G!!

Then I will start another topic with more differences, but this time on DKC2

And thanks everybody for welcoming (is it well said :?:) to the forum, Im really glad!
Tourist

No need for another topic...

Postby Qyzbud » May 18th, 2008, 12:51 pm

request dude wrote:I will start another topic with more differences, but this time on DKC2

All differences between revisions for DKC, DKC2 and DKC3 belong in this topic. Thanks.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kiddy14 » May 19th, 2008, 1:49 pm

I always thought a Kuchuka was guarding that Bonus in all revisions! I couldn't see it in Quirino26's video.
The GBA version seems to follow the NTSC version, since it has the G over the red buzz, and the Booty Bird is next to it guarding the Banana Bunch. And it has the Kuchuka =)

EDIT: I think one of the reasons they changed it in later releases it's because the game HORRIBLY LAGS in this part, usually if all 3 Kopters appear on screen, with Squitter, Kiddy, Dixie, the G and the Red Buzz. Well, it lags in my SNES, and no, it's not a bootleg =P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Qyzbud » May 19th, 2008, 3:05 pm

Actually you're quite right; there is considerable lag if you fire a few of Squitter's webs at this point, so maybe that was their reason. The GBA version's use of the original layout also suggests that perhaps it was due to technical limitations on the SNES. (or maybe that's just the version the port's dev team had handy at the time...)

Does it lag on GBA, if Squitter gets web-happy?
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Raccoon Sam » May 26th, 2008, 12:47 am

Hmm, I think I remember one from DKC3.
In some versions, Criss Kross Cliffs has a Bazuka shooting the barrels down there whereas in some versions it doesn't.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 35

Postby Qyzbud » May 26th, 2008, 10:09 am

Yeah, there's truth in that. I don't think a Bazuka ever appears at the bottom of CKC in the US release, but in the EUR/JAP versions, you can see him down there firing away. It seems he'll disappear even in these versions if you go through the level a little way and fall back to the start, though. I think he vanishes when you bounce up high enough to collect the upper-most banana in that line of four at the beginning.

Thanks for jogging my memory on this one, Sam!
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Re: DKC SNES Trilogy: Differences between the revisions of each.

Postby Hedonismbot » May 26th, 2008, 11:19 am

I'm impressed. You all found some very interesting differences. I now feel the urge to try out the glitches to see which versions of each game I own. Which brings me to a question: Do we know which versions Nintendo used for the Virtual console release? I live in Europe and the VC release gave me the opportunity to enjoy the trilogy in 60HZ for the first time. But I don't know which exact version it is.

Jomingo wrote:Yeah, I've never even seen one with rainbow colors. How'd you get the special one?!?!?!?

I live in Europe and I always had those rainbow colored ones. I never understood why the US ones had these depressing violet colored buttons. The red/yellow/blue/green combination is also featured on the XBOX 360 controller, I always thought of this as a homage to Nintendo. Well, for all you Americans who have never seen a rainbow colored SNES controller, I made a quick photo of mine:
These button colors originally came from the european SNES logo (pictured below)

Maybe I will add more to the discussion when I played some more DKC.
Newcomer

Re: DKC SNES Trilogy: Differences between the revisions of e

Postby Qyzbud » May 26th, 2008, 2:32 pm

Hedonismbot wrote:Do we know which versions Nintendo used for the Virtual console release?

I've verified that the VC download of DKC I received here in Australia was the European V1.1 release - the most recent PAL revision/update. Hold a barrel and jump on a baddy - if the barrel gets launched straight upwards at high speed, you've got the EUR 1.1 version, too. This is all mentioned in post #1. :D
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Raccoon Sam » May 26th, 2008, 2:58 pm

Qyzbud wrote:It seems he'll disappear even in these versions if you go through the level a little way and fall back to the start, though.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's to prevent you from killing him. You can get the keg you're supposed to kill the Koin with and fall back to the very bottom of the stage while still carrying it.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 35

Postby Qyzbud » May 26th, 2008, 3:11 pm

Interesting suggestion, but steel kegs can't kill Bazuka... only TNT can, right?

I think it's to do with the fact that the Bazuka's only there 'for show'. If he were really firing those barrels, they would stop being shot when the Kongs were far enough away... and it would take a fair bit longer when switching between standard/TNT mode. That said, I'm still not sure why it is the way it is.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Raccoon Sam » May 26th, 2008, 10:30 pm

TNT Barrels kill Bazukas alright, but you're never given the change to throw a steel keg towards a Bazuka; no level has steel kegs you can pick up and Bazukas. There is one exception, though. In Tyrant Twin Tussle, you can reach an area that has a Bazuka and pickable steel kegs, but only with the help of Squitter.

You can cheat to get there, though, and upon doing so, this happens.

And yeah, I'm aware of the "If it's not on-screen, it doesn't exist" - rule of the whole DKC series (which would make a great article to write, by the way, heh heh), that for one, allows easy DK Coins and taking animals past their limits.
But your theory still makes sense. In my opinion, Steel Kegs bursting from nowhere looks pretty stupid.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 35

Postby Qyzbud » May 26th, 2008, 11:12 pm

Raccoon Sam wrote:no level has steel kegs you can pick up and Bazukas

I'm not saying you're wrong, but that is pretty hard to believe... just because there's gotta be a steel keg in every level, to defeat the ever-present Koin... but I must say, that video you posted is some good evidence to show that Bazuka was never meant to be hit by a steel keg. Wow... interesting observation, interesting outcome!

(it's actually quite similar to something I noticed in regards to Kopters, but that's something for another topic ;))
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Raccoon Sam » May 27th, 2008, 1:22 am

Qyzbud wrote:I'm not saying you're wrong, but that is pretty hard to believe... just because there's gotta be a steel keg in every level, to defeat the ever-present Koin...

Don't forget that you can't pick up Steel Kegs that are shot by other Bazukas, unless they hit a wall.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 35

Postby The Kirby » May 29th, 2008, 9:46 pm

In both revisions of the Japanese version of DKC, every third time Donkey hand slaps an enemy that gives bananas as a reward will be a banana bunch. In all the other versions, the reward is always a SINGLE banana. As if the Japanese version wasn't easy enough. ;)

That version difference with Snow Barrel Blast's Steel Keg bouncing sound effect... I've tested it in all revisions and it sounds the same to me. Although, I do remember it sounding different sometimes. Sometimes it'll sound like a low-metal sound of some sort, and other times it'll sound a bit like water dripping, and I don't think it's dependant on the revision. I'm thinking it's similar to how Rambi's jumping sound effect works in Red-Hot Ride in DKC2; it'll sound different sometimes for some reason :?:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 5

Postby Qyzbud » May 30th, 2008, 12:46 am

Well I'll be damned... Good observations. I'll check it all out and fix the lists when I wake up tomorrow.

*slumbers*
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Simion32 » May 30th, 2008, 12:50 am

The Kirby wrote:Although, I do remember it sounding different sometimes. Sometimes it'll sound like a low-metal sound of some sort, and other times it'll sound a bit like water dripping, and I don't think it's dependent on the revision.
Same here. I think the sound is also dependent on which music the game is playing at the time. Snow levels must use different sound effects, so the "metal" sound is different. The reason it changes is likely because the sound samples are affected by what part of the background music is playing when you throw the barrel.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 331

Postby Qyzbud » May 30th, 2008, 3:48 pm

Okay, makes sense. It actually was the snow levels that I noticed the 'drip' sound in, so I'm inclined to think you fellows are right.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kiddy14 » May 31st, 2008, 2:42 pm

In the PAL version of Rocket Barrel Ride, the penultimate rocket barrel is moved a little to the right, while in NTSC is in the middle of the waterfall.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot :P In DKC3 also, if you hold a DK barrel in NTSC version with only one kong and jump into a barrel, the DK Barrel would break leaving the free kong static in the barrel =S

By the way, speaking of DK Barrels, have you noticed DKC3's DK barrels don't break when touching the floor? They roll. And the crate in Barrel Drop Bounce is the only one in the entire game! O-o
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Raccoon Sam » May 31st, 2008, 6:46 pm

Kiddy14 wrote: DKC3's DK barrels don't break when touching the floor? They roll.

Not all. There are different DK barrels; some roll, some don't. They have no visual difference.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 35

Postby Kiddy14 » June 1st, 2008, 3:39 am

Can you please tell me one DK barrel in the game that breaks when touching the floor? I mean, all the barrels I've tried don't break, they roll. And in the GBA version all break.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Kiddy14 » June 2nd, 2008, 1:04 pm

Busy Qizzy again eh? =P
Anyway, 1 day has passed, another excuse to implement that button =)

I've found some prove to the Rocket Barrel Ride differences, as I can see you need proves. Anyway, here's a video of the PAL version, and here's my video of NTSC. I even downloaded the ROM to use the last shortcut! =)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Qyzbud » June 2nd, 2008, 4:22 pm

Kiddy14 wrote:In the European version of Rocket Barrel Ride, the penultimate rocket barrel is moved a little to the right, while in the American is in the middle of the waterfall.

Thanks for the report, and yeah; I've been busy in the last few days. I've checked the videos you linked to, and took a peek at the JAP v1.0 release, and it looks as though this barrel position is another thing that was changed for all versions other than the USA release. The green Buzz which moves up and down above this rocket barrel's blast point has a different behaviour in the USA release compared to the other releases; he guards the ultimate rocket barrel far more diligently!

I assume these changes were made to prevent a player from shooting straight from the penultimate rocket barrel to the ultimate one. Silly change, I say. ;)

I now have a few updates to make to the tallies... Very nice, keep it up guys.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Stone » June 9th, 2008, 2:22 am

In DKC, you can use the DIDDY-code after getting a game over. After collecting some lives you can press Start and then Select to go back to the map screen to the level you lost your last life. But somehow exiting the bonus room doesn't work for my USA 1.0 ROM
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Next

Return to General DKC Discussion