Welcome to the DKC Atlas Forum, please read all of the rules and guidelines below before posting.
Key rules to follow:
- Use proper grammar and punctuation.
- Be respectful to fellow forum goers. Insults and prejudiced comments will not be tolerated.
- Only post if you have something worthwhile to share. This goes double for bumping old topics.
- Don’t request or provide links to any commercial ROMs.
- Do not disobey any reasonable requests of the forum Administrator or Moderators.
Pretty simple, right? These are the most important rules. If you obey these, and use common sense, you’ll be fine. These issues and others will be addressed in greater detail below. If you have any doubt at all, please take the time to read this post in its entirety:
- Keep spelling mistakes to a minimum. We will forgive you if you can't spell big complicated words, but just try your best. Take your time and proof read your posts.
- Capitalise the words at the beginning of a sentence, and use commas and full-stops/periods where appropriate. Type like you care about what you’re saying.
- Avoid using internet abbreviations, such as "lol" as part of your regular vocabulary here. They are silly.
- Only post if you have something constructive to say. If your reply is three words or less, chances are it's not worth posting.
- Use smilies in moderation. We have them for a reason, but please don't overuse them.
- Avoid double-posting. If you have something more to say, just edit it into your previous post.
- Don't post in or 'bump' old topics if you have nothing significant to add. If you have some radical new theory relating to the subject, or there is some more news worth talking about, then it is okay.
- Avoid editing your post once someone has replied to it. Doing so can make the topic confusing to read.
- If you have something to say to one particular user, don't start a new topic. That's why we have "PM's".
- If you are going to go all out against someone in a debate, backup what you're saying with intelligent information. If you don't have a case, you'll lose the argument.
- Don't post just to raise your rank. You will be banned.
- Please keep all posts on-topic. Posting for the sake of humour alone is acceptable in moderation, but if it leads a topic off-topic, you are likely to have your posts removed.
- Please avoid quoting an entire post, especially if you are posting directly beneath, or if the quoted post is of multiple lines in length.
- Don't start topics that are more-or-less identical to ones already in existence. We need only one.
- When starting a topic, make sure it's in the right discussion/subforum. The admins/mods will fix it for you every once in a while, but please try to pay attention to what you're doing.
Avatars: (for when we have a more established avatar gallery)
- Don't use Avatars that are already taken. If you do this by mistake, someone will tell you, and then just change it. No big deal.
- Ask first if you want to make your own, and show Qyzbud or one of the Mods before you use it. If they don’t like it, change it. Please don't complain.
- General discussion of ROMs is fine.
- Posting ROM-altering IPS patches is also fine.
- Do not request or provide link to any commercial ROMs. This is a bannable offence.
Thank you for taking the time to read these rules and guidelines. Most of it is common sense, so they should be easy to remember and abide by. Of course, every rule has it's exceptions. Any user who speaks English as their second language will be given breaks for spelling mistakes, etc. Also, we understand that mistakes happen, and we aren’t too strict. If you just abide by the rules cheerfully, you will have a good stay here.
If you are Banned
- Do not pester us to have your account reinstated.
- Generally, bans will only be temporary (1 week, 1 month, etc.)
- Do not register a different account. We will ban you again, and for longer than before.
We have a nice little community going on, and we'd like to keep it that way.
Thanks to Jomingo for helping to create this very reasonable guide to our forum policies.