Favorite of the Trilogy:

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

Favorite Game of the DKC Trilogy

Donkey Kong Country
0
No votes
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
4
80%
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble
1
20%
 
Total votes : 5

Favorite of the Trilogy:

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 19th, 2023, 5:42 pm

I was just curious what the most popular game is on the forum. I have a suspicion that Super Luigi's favorite is DKC3, though.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 64
Posts: 721
Joined: 2022

Re: Favorite of the Trilogy:

Postby Raccoon Sam » January 20th, 2023, 5:03 am

3's the best in my opinion but 2 comes very close.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 35
Posts: 267
Joined: 2008

Re: Favorite of the Trilogy:

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 20th, 2023, 6:28 am

I agree with you that three is great, but I think two just edges it out for the soundtrack. But DKC3’s levels and worlds were cooler. But DKC2 had better platforming and design. :parry:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 64
Posts: 721
Joined: 2022

Re: Favorite of the Trilogy:

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 20th, 2023, 8:53 am

Also, I was thinking that Cyclone and Rainbow Sprinkles like DKC1 the best. Mattrizzle likes DKC2 the best and Simion probably likes DKC1 the best. :parry:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 64
Posts: 721
Joined: 2022

Re: Favorite of the Trilogy:

Postby Super Luigi! » January 20th, 2023, 8:53 am

DKC2 is my favorite, although I like all three games and their soundtracks for different reasons. To summarize:

DKC: This one has great atmosphere, and it reminds me of the old days.
DKC2: It's darker, there are pirates, the level design and bonuses make sense, and my two favorite Kongs are playable.
DKC3: I like how goofy and colorful the game looks, and the soundtrack covers everything.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 249
Posts: 2423
Joined: 2012

Re: Favorite of the Trilogy:

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 20th, 2023, 8:54 am

Ok! I agree with you on all that. :parry:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 64
Posts: 721
Joined: 2022

Re: Favorite of the Trilogy:

Postby rainbowsprinklez » January 24th, 2023, 1:18 am

WesternTanager794 wrote:Also, I was thinking that Cyclone and Rainbow Sprinkles like DKC1 the best. :parry:


Don't assume, because you make an ASS out of U and ME :D Try again.

Also, DKC isn't even my favorite video game :huh:

Also also, you misspelled my name :P (the z is important)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 79
Posts: 438
Joined: 2016

Re: Favorite of the Trilogy:

Postby Super Luigi! » January 24th, 2023, 8:29 am

Hey, give Tanager a break, rainbowsprinklez. He was just trying to help provide a topic for discussion and share his thoughts. Since you work on DKC so often, his guess makes sense to me. If this is because of what I said yesterday, I was wrong. Even if I had a bad day, what I said wasn't right.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 249
Posts: 2423
Joined: 2012

Re: Favorite of the Trilogy:

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 24th, 2023, 9:03 am

Sorry, the z was an error by the auto correct. I'll fix it. Thanks, for pointing that out, I didn't notice it! :parry:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 64
Posts: 721
Joined: 2022

Re: Favorite of the Trilogy:

Postby rainbowsprinklez » January 24th, 2023, 12:37 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:Hey, give Tanager a break, rainbowsprinklez. He was just trying to help provide a topic for discussion and share his thoughts. Since you work on DKC so often, his guess makes sense to me. If this is because of what I said yesterday, I was wrong. Even if I had a bad day, what I said wasn't right.


Hey. Goosfraba. I wasn't aggressive. If I came out as such, sorry. I'm just saying, it's funny. Despite the work I do, dkc1 isn't even my fave of the trilogy.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 79
Posts: 438
Joined: 2016

Re: Favorite of the Trilogy:

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 24th, 2023, 12:40 pm

I don't mind, Rainbow Sprinklez. Based on your emojis, I assumed you weren't aggressive. :parry:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 64
Posts: 721
Joined: 2022

Re: Favorite of the Trilogy:

Postby rainbowsprinklez » January 24th, 2023, 12:42 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:If this is because of what I said yesterday, I was wrong. Even if I had a bad day, what I said wasn't right.


What did you say? :huh: I legit searched your forum posts. Are you daydreaming again? :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 79
Posts: 438
Joined: 2016

Re: Favorite of the Trilogy:

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 24th, 2023, 12:46 pm

That confused me a bit as well. But maybe Super Luigi deleted something. That was my assumption. :parry:

:EDIT: Also, Super Luigi, thanks for the consideration in your defense post.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 64
Posts: 721
Joined: 2022

Re: Favorite of the Trilogy:

Postby Super Luigi! » January 25th, 2023, 1:24 am

rainbowsprinklez wrote:
Super Luigi! wrote:If this is because of what I said yesterday, I was wrong. Even if I had a bad day, what I said wasn't right.


What did you say? :huh: I legit searched your forum posts. Are you daydreaming again? :P


After I replied to you, I edited what I said out and apologized to Tanager. Please don't call me names like Goofsraba either.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 249
Posts: 2423
Joined: 2012

Re: Favorite of the Trilogy:

Postby rainbowsprinklez » January 25th, 2023, 1:30 am

Super Luigi! wrote:
rainbowsprinklez wrote:
Super Luigi! wrote:If this is because of what I said yesterday, I was wrong. Even if I had a bad day, what I said wasn't right.


What did you say? :huh: I legit searched your forum posts. Are you daydreaming again? :P


After I replied to you, I edited what I said out and apologized to Tanager. Please don't call me names like Goofsraba either.




I'm on your side. Please don't take any offense. I was not calling you names, but rather citing a popular movie.

I was saying Goosfraba as a way to say, "No anger here"

And that explains the post thing. Thank you!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 79
Posts: 438
Joined: 2016

Re: Favorite of the Trilogy:

Postby Super Luigi! » January 25th, 2023, 1:33 am

I assume I'm supposed to be the angry Sixers person here. In any case, forget about this, for it doesn't matter.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 249
Posts: 2423
Joined: 2012

Re: Favorite of the Trilogy:

Postby rainbowsprinklez » January 25th, 2023, 1:38 am

Super Luigi! wrote:I assume I'm supposed to be the angry Sixers person here. In any case, forget about this, for it doesn't matter.


Sir, you are taking way too much offense and taking things personally. Are you ok? Wanna talk about it? DM or here.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 79
Posts: 438
Joined: 2016

Re: Favorite of the Trilogy:

Postby Simion32 » January 25th, 2023, 4:30 am

Cool it down you two.

Lest I be required to ban hammer what little site traffic we have left. :headache:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 300
Posts: 2702
Joined: 2008

Re: Favorite of the Trilogy:

Postby Cyclone » January 27th, 2023, 1:39 pm

rainbowsprinklez wrote:
WesternTanager794 wrote:Also, I was thinking that Cyclone and Rainbow Sprinkles like DKC1 the best. :parry:


Don't assume, because you make an ASS out of U and ME :D Try again.

Also, DKC isn't even my favorite video game :huh:

Also also, you misspelled my name :P (the z is important)


I agree. And Donkey Kong Country 2 is my favourite! Which is what i voted for.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 553
Posts: 1179
Joined: 2008

Re: Favorite of the Trilogy:

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 28th, 2023, 8:35 am

i guest the lesson here is not to assume! :parry:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 64
Posts: 721
Joined: 2022


Return to General DKC Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests