Okami

Talk about any games outside of DKC's scope.

Okami

Postby Stone » March 15th, 2008, 7:45 pm

Is there anyone who knows this game? It is really nice! It is PS2 game, but if things go well, there will be a Wii version.
I love Amaterasu!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Re: Okami

Postby Kowbrainz » March 15th, 2008, 7:49 pm

Mm... I'm waiting on the Wii version; I've heard nothing but good things about this game. :)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Stone » March 15th, 2008, 8:07 pm

There are only two bad things in Okami. Mumbling instead of voices (i love mumbling in BK, but these are a bit squeaky) and you have to watch a 20 min intro before playing.
If you play it for the first time, this is okay. But if you like to start a new savegame you'll have to watch it again... (Except you'll use the new game+ save after beating the game)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Jomingo » March 16th, 2008, 11:33 am

I've always heard this was good, so I might get the wii version if it comes out.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby SummerSky » March 28th, 2008, 3:25 pm

I'm about a third of the way through in the PS2 version, and have really enjoyed it up to now. Structurally, it feels like the 3D Zelda games (overworld, then solve puzzles in dungeons), but stylistically it feels a lot different.

Watching everything burst into colour is great, and the music is gorgeous. Very mystical in sound.:)

I'd say the Wolf feels a lot nicer to control than the Wolf in Twilight Princess, too. Felt more natural.

I'm gonna get back to the game soon. I left it off for a while! :lol:
Tourist

Postby Stone » March 29th, 2008, 11:30 am

If you like the music, then you really want to beat the game to get the music-playing function ;)

Oh, I think about Secret of Manas music, if I hear the words Summer and Sky.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby SummerSky » March 29th, 2008, 12:50 pm

The music's very oriental in feel, isn't it? Some of the nicest music I've ever heard in a game - will definately look forward to the music player opening up at the end!

I've been told there's a beta video of the game hidden in there, too. Shows it with non-cel-shaded visuals. Have you seen it? If so, which visual style do you prefer?

I've never played Secret of Mana.Is it worth picking up?
Tourist

Postby Stone » March 29th, 2008, 9:12 pm

If you have two friends that are retro enough to play a 15 year old game with you (I haven't found that kind of persons yet), then give Secret of Mana a try 8-)

Okami is just pure art, the music is really beautiful.

I've heard that some early trailers were erased (or unaccessible?) in the PAL-version. Maybe these trailers are the beta videos you have mentioned. Youtube-time for me, I think ;)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby SummerSky » March 30th, 2008, 11:40 am

I'm planning on going on a retro stint soon - I'll look into Secret of Mana. I've never played any of the Mana games before...

I know that you have to collect a lot of stuff to unlock the video in Okami. But you should be able to find it on youtube somewhere! 8-)
Tourist

Return to Gaming Discussion