The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby Chibisai Kong » January 5th, 2013, 1:38 pm

Spoiler!
I AM ROLLING AROUND IN ECSTASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Super Luigi! » January 5th, 2013, 3:44 pm

Well now that both of our Internet connections have been revived, I can see why. So Chibisai Kong, are you shooting bubbles out of your mouth right now?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Markster » January 6th, 2013, 12:26 pm

I officially beat Donkey Kong Country 3 105% 8-)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Chibisai Kong » January 6th, 2013, 12:33 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:Well now that both of our Internet connections have been revived, I can see why. So Chibisai Kong, are you shooting bubbles out of your mouth right now?

What? No, Super Luigi! It's a phrase! A friend and I finally got a popular tumblr post!

Spoiler!
But it doesn't have to do with Donkey Kong... it has to do with Doctor Who... sorry...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Phyreburnz » January 7th, 2013, 4:50 pm

I feel so bad! I haven't actually logged on and posted anything for a while! I still check the forum multiple times a day, though! :nicework:

I just went to the optometrist on Friday and got fitted for contacts. I really like having a full field of vision and I just realized how annoying glasses can be! :P I have to call the eyeglass place tomorrow, though because my right contact is messed up, I think. My left one is fine, but my right one, I think, has some kind of defect on it, like a scratch or something.

I was also feeling a bit quirky today... my friend, Bumar (who I think I've mentioned on here before... if she had a first name it would be Caitlin, but since she doesn't it's just Bumar :P ) and I hung out... and strange things happen... like this...

Spoiler!

The reason that happened you ask? Well.... Bumar accidentally said "c-ductive" rather than seductive... which turned into sea-ductive... which turned into Bumar as a mermaid being seductive... then that turned to Bumar being a sea-ductive mermaid by wearing a fish on her legs... Yeah... this is why we can't have nice things...
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Qyzbud » January 7th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Hahaha; I didn't even realise that the 'mermaid' was just a young lady being swallowed by a fish until you pointed that out. I like it. :lol:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Chibisai Kong » January 8th, 2013, 3:51 am

I think it's a pretty mermaid.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby The Banana Bird » January 11th, 2013, 10:52 am

Well I have finally gotten my copies of DKC for christmas, thanks ebay :P well I am so happy to finally have it back.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Qyzbud » January 11th, 2013, 10:59 am

Hey, TBB (and everyone else!); you should switch your forum style to 'atlas2' and come join us in Atlas Chat! It's the new Random Thoughts topic. :lol:

Note: The Random Thoughts Topic was locked as of this post, but has been brought back due to popular demand.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Phyreburnz » February 27th, 2013, 12:06 pm

I have a bit of bad news. My computer is just about at the end of its days. I got this damn fake windows security virus. (Here's a link on how to remove it and it shows you what it looks like.) Unfortunately, I couldn't remove it because I must have waited too long. I was going to redo my computer and give it a fresh start... but it has a hardware problem. I can't say I blame the poor thing... it has gone through a lot! It's had a bucket of water spill on it and my brother accidentally knocked it off of a coffee table all within the last 8 months. I can still use it and everything (I'm using it right now), I just can't redo it.

I'm gonna have to shop around and get a laptop this summer maybe. Poor lappy :cry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Super Luigi! » February 27th, 2013, 2:59 pm

I know how it feels to lose a laptop. I must have gone through four of them already. As much as you try to be careful, your laptop still ends up getting damaged in some way. Here's to you and your Ol' Faithful, Phyreburnz.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby CaptainEddie » February 28th, 2013, 5:13 am

Yikes, that bites! How long have you had it?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Phyreburnz » February 28th, 2013, 7:40 am

The computer has been in my possession for about two years, I think. I got it for the best price, too! Free! It was my mum's old laptop. She got a new mac and gave me her old one so I had a decent computer for school. I can't even remember how long she's had it. I think the computer itself was released around 2007.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Chibisai Kong » February 28th, 2013, 11:05 am

Sorry to hear about your laptop, Phyre.

Anyone else curious as to how this topic was brought back?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Qyzbud » February 28th, 2013, 12:36 pm

Chibisai Kong, your curiosities can be put to rest — take another look at my previous post in this topic... ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Markster » March 1st, 2013, 8:27 am

I'm getting my PC fixed next month, early next month.

When it's fixed, I'm going to be working on a huge Donkey Kong Country hack that includes ASM, I'm still not that good at ASM, but since I know GML, it won't be that hard to get into another programming language, I'll try to use the ExHiROM support since there is a ZSNES custom build that supports it (I like SNES9X more, but most people like ZSNES), and a XKAS custom build that supports ASM for ExHiROM.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Geno » March 11th, 2013, 10:10 pm

Hey, looks like this topic is back!

Guess what? I have 101 videos in my favourites on YouTube.

Guess what the 101st one is. :swanky:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Phyreburnz » March 17th, 2013, 2:00 pm

Ha ha! I have finally found a copy of DKC3 for GBA! My DKC collection for GBA is now complete! :kiddywin: :dixiehappy:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Super Luigi! » March 27th, 2013, 3:26 pm

"Phyreburnz has collected all of the DKC GBA games. Now Phyreburnz can become Super Phyreburnz : Sprite Animator of Justice."
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Gaz » March 28th, 2013, 3:24 am

I know this is completely random, but is anyone here into shopping guides for video games and such? They can be quite interesting. Here's a little example for you (a UK buyer's guide from a SegaPro magazine (even contains drawings to advertise);
http://www.mediafire.com/?ufb4tjmi1akkomk
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Super Luigi! » March 30th, 2013, 1:35 pm

Perhaps this belongs in the Atlas Discussion forum, but does the Atlas itself seem different to anybody? Because to me, this site gave me that "hip, cool, and polished" 80's feel when I first found out about it, but now the Atlas seems to give off a refined and slender look. Is this just me, or does the DKC Atlas appear different to others as well?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Cody » April 1st, 2013, 4:23 pm

Phyreburnz wrote:Ha ha! I have finally found a copy of DKC3 for GBA! My DKC collection for GBA is now complete! :kiddywin: :dixiehappy:

I've had my copy since November 8th, 2005... I will never get rid of it for the soundtrack alone ♥
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Phyreburnz » April 8th, 2013, 1:43 pm

Ugh... so... I've had a pretty sucky week. Last Friday, my brother, his wife, and my boyfriend all came up to my school to take me out for my birthday. I didn't get drunk, I had like five and a half drinks in like three hours. It was fun and all, but the next day, I was very sleepy and had a headache all day. I just thought maybe it was from drinking the night before... until it didn't go away. I had a headache for a week that wasn't relieved by any medicine, like ibuprofen and Tylenol, (still have a little bit of a headaches in the morning) and chronic fatigue. I just wanted to sleep for like an entire week. So I barely got anything done. I've had so much that I've needed to do. Luckily, I managed to get school stuff done, but I wanted to start a sewing project for a friend and I've wanted to do more level editing.

I went to the doctor after a few days of headache and being tired and got three blood tests, all of which came back negative (mono, anemia, and thyroid problems). I'm going back to the doctor tomorrow, just in case. I'm hoping that whatever I had is on its way out. Unfortunately, though, I wouldn't be surprised if my headache didn't go... as headaches run in my family.

I figured I'd update you guys since I haven't been on at all! Hopefully I'll get school stuff done soon so I can get back to work on levels!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Qyzbud » April 8th, 2013, 6:17 pm

Good to hear from you, but terrible to hear how sucky things have been... I hate headaches/extended fatigue, but I'll bet I've never had them as bad as you just dealt with.

Hope you're all better soon — take care of yourself!
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Super Luigi! » April 16th, 2013, 8:23 am

Talk about a lousy birthday :gift: ! Here's a thought. Have you tried eating any :banana: s since your headaches started? You never know, the potassium (or anything else for that matter) in them just might take you from this: :facepalm: to this: :thumbs: , but hopefully not this: :shakehead:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Geno » April 22nd, 2013, 10:34 am

I have a bizarre DKC request (which I thought didn't deserve it's own topic).

I'd like the Jungle Groove music from DKC with the Ropey Rampage rain sound, and the Enchanted Riverbank music from DKC3 with the lightning sounds as if they were on an OST.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Super Luigi! » April 25th, 2013, 2:35 pm

I'm starting to wonder how I, of all people, have seven bananas, because that would have to mean that I've done seven banana-worthy deeds. Now Cyclone's 120 banana stars on the other hand...
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Qyzbud » April 25th, 2013, 5:36 pm

Of course, it's certainly possible to get that many bananas from seven different members — for one particularly worthy deed...
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Super Luigi! » April 30th, 2013, 8:19 am

So what I've gathered just from our banana counts, Qyzbud is seven times greater than I am. Naturally, one cannot make such an accusation based mere bananas and think that it would be true. Obviously Qyzbud, being Supreme Allied Kommander/Adminstrator of DKC Atlas, is bound to be worth more than even 49 Golden Bananas.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Gaz » April 30th, 2013, 11:21 am

Don't feel bad. I have only four, Super Luigi!. You have ten more than I do. I don't like to see my buddy sad.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Simion32 » April 30th, 2013, 11:29 am

Surprise, Super Luigi! I just gave you a gift of several bananas (+8 to be exact) on totally random significant posts of yours.

Here you go buddy, you deserve it for being awesome:

I'm sure I'd have many, many more bananas than posts if the bananas system was in place when I got here. :lol:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 331

Postby Super Luigi! » May 6th, 2013, 2:56 pm

Oh, I wasn't sad. I merely wondered why I had those seven bananas in the first place, but thank you for the bananas though, Simion32. Now if only I could eat them...
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Gaz » May 9th, 2013, 11:26 am

I wonder why, but I seem to have an obsession with old wiki articles from like 2004-2007 or poor grammatically written wiki articles. I wonder why.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Soniccuz » May 10th, 2013, 12:29 pm

Welcome back random thoughts topic! You were missed.
Have a summer snowman.: Image
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Postby Super Luigi! » May 16th, 2013, 8:36 am

All right, so now I've finally started to play Sapphire. As some of you may recall, one of my friend's friend erased my Ruby file, and basically killed the trainer who was in there. (She's also my avatar for that reason.) Well, now that my friend has his Shiny Torchic in that Ruby game, I'm going to get my old team back on Sapphire. As of now, I have only reclaimed Mufala, my Swampert who is only a Mudkip right now, and Churro, my Zigzagoon. I shall post updates as I get the team back together. Thank you, and that is all.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Chibisai Kong » June 2nd, 2013, 1:04 pm

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII PEOPLES

I MISSED Y'ALL

HOW HAVE Y'ALL BEEN

Spoiler!
In other news, I disocvered Bon Jovi fanfiction was a thing that existed.

Spoiler!
In other other news, my other fandom is a mess because the current actor playing the titular character is leaving in December... viva la Matt Smith!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Gaz » June 10th, 2013, 6:07 am

Welcome back :D. Hooray for summer! It's like last summer was just yesterday...

Also, happy tenth birthday Donkey Kong Country for the Game Boy Advance! (released June 9, 2003 in North America). Here's your present from Blue, :gift: .
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Phyreburnz » June 14th, 2013, 1:01 pm

Just in case you were wondering, "what is the meaning of this?!" Meaning my avatar..... so.... it's a really *really* stupid thing my boyfriend photoshopped years ago in high school.... just last night I was showing him how to animate with photoshop, so I made his creepy thing blink and lick its lip... it's super gross, I know... but it's funny as hell!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby fastpager200 » June 16th, 2013, 11:18 pm

Why did they make a contamination of the Sonic franchise in a show!?
And diddy K. is here :diddyrock:

:shakehead: : Diddy... #sigh#
Tourist

Postby fastpager200 » June 18th, 2013, 3:43 am

My first computer had a data overflow, my second was dropped, and my third one is yet to meet a death.
It's kinda like how each of Strong Bad's computers die in some way. The Lappy was intentional, but the poor old Tandy and Compy. Speaking of strong bad, if The Brothers Chaps are reading this, make Sbemail 206 already! The :k: :o: :n: :g: wants you to!
Tourist

Postby fastpager200 » June 20th, 2013, 6:19 am

GUYS OMG MY NEW ICON
IT BURNS
Tourist

Postby Geno » June 20th, 2013, 9:45 pm

It's technically summer break for me, so I will probably be bugging everyone here more often. :swanky:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Gaz » June 21st, 2013, 1:50 am

You don't bug us, you make it enjoyable for us :).
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Super Luigi! » June 21st, 2013, 6:22 am

Hahahahaha! Well, so much for the status report! So now, I've already gone through the game and am training EVERYONE on my team before we face the Elite 4 +1. I actually did want to provide status updates, but I wasn't able to get to the computer. So, one final thought.

Kiddy is awesome. :kiddywin:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Chibisai Kong » June 22nd, 2013, 6:03 pm

PAGER OMG YOUR ICON

also yeah kiddy is awesome.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby CountryFan » June 23rd, 2013, 3:05 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:Kiddy is awesome. :kiddywin:

Except when throwing a tantrum on the GBA.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 23

Postby Chibisai Kong » June 23rd, 2013, 7:52 pm

Oh my gosh, I've got a little story involving Donkey Kong for you guys.

Spoiler!
So I'm on Tumblr, right? I'm liveblogging The Curse of Kongo Bongo (I've liveblogged things that weren't DW before so the followers let me carry on my merry way) and I mention Dixie and one of my friends whom I met through DW pops up with CHICKS and I explained to him I meant the character and he did something weird so I told him Dixie was Diddy's girlfriend and he starts freaking out because he thought they were siblings. I told him he was thinking of her and Tiny and he asked who that was and long story short he only knew the Kongs from DKC3 so I made him a cheat sheet for the Kong Family Tree so if I ever ramble on about certain characters again he knows who I speak of.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 24th, 2013, 10:56 am

Hmm. What's a DW, exactly? Never had a Tumblr, heh.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes