Introduce yourself!

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby Jesse » March 10th, 2015, 8:06 am

Hello,

I am Jesse and I came by this forum while searching stuff. I am currently hacking Donkey kong country returns and I wanted to know if people here are interested in hacking the game. However, where can I post a dkcr hacking thread? since there doesn't seem to be a clear section...
Newcomer
Bananas received 3

Postby Qyzbud » March 10th, 2015, 7:56 pm

Hi Jesse, welcome to DKC Atlas.

I'm personally quite interested in the concept of DKCR hacking. Perhaps our ROM Hacking section would be the most appropriate place for such a topic. I'm not sure if Wii games fit the typical definition of a ROM, but I think it's a good fit anyway.

Feel free to start a Donkey Kong Country Returns hacking topic; I'm keen to hear what you've learnt/achieved so far. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby JadeRose » June 18th, 2015, 6:39 am

Hey, all!

I used to come here all the time in high school, usually lurking around and whatnot (when I wasn't spewing the occasional bit of nonsense, ha ha!). This was a bit before DKC Returns came out, I think.

Everyone was still dreaming of DKC 4. I remember having a blast reading everyone's discussions of DKC's storyline and the cannonicity of various elements in the franchise. I say theorizing is just another form of storytelling, and I'm glad it's always been encouraged here. (Even ESPECIALLLY the "out there" stuff!)

After misplacing my old password, it's kind of a nice thing making a new account -- sort of a nice way to start fresh.

Anyway, the forums popped into my head for some reason this morning, and my little sister and I decided to drop by. HOLEEEE SHIZNIT this website looks beautiful. Major respect for every aspect. We were so impressed by the (ANIMATED!!!) level mapping you guys have put together -- With music, no less! :P Also, glad to see I can still count on this place for up to date DK news. It's like coming home.

So, I look forward to hanging around here again. Have a good day, everyone, and thanks for the memories. Much love. :dixiehappy:
Tourist
Bananas received 13

Postby Qyzbud » June 19th, 2015, 2:13 pm

Hi JadeRose/JadeRoseofChaos, welcome back!

Thanks for the positive feedback — it means a lot. :D

Do let me know if you'd like me to help you restore your previous account; a fresh start might be nice after all these years, but it's a shame to lose the connection to your previous posts, etc. — no matter how nonsensical they may have been. :lol:

Spoiler!
Just for the record, your posts have always been either sensible, or the welcome kind of nonsense! ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby JadeRose » June 19th, 2015, 7:10 pm

Oh, you're welcome! ^_^

Nah, I'm totally fine with my new account. The latter part of my old username is a little superfluous anyway. But, thank you very much anywho.

Spoiler!
(In that case, I now know I am free to continue my legacy in the Nonsensosphere! :thumbs:

But seriously, it's a little surreal looking back on my younger self's old posts. I suppose I wasn't /too/ bad, just a wee bit childish, though. :lol: In any case, I appreciate the welcoming atmosphere of this place, and I think that's what drew me in before. So, thank you. :) )
Tourist
Bananas received 13

Postby Super Luigi! » August 18th, 2015, 11:12 am

Forgive my very late reply, but welcome to the forums, JadeRose! From what I've seen of you so far, you are quite a dignified noblewoman. May you continue to find great success in everything you do as you become a hero to children everywhere!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby JadeRose » August 29th, 2015, 2:47 pm

Why thank you, my friend. It is very nice to meet you as well!
Tourist
Bananas received 13

Postby amanezco » November 14th, 2015, 5:40 am

Hi! I have just realized that I haven`t posted before, even though I come here often :shakehead:
I am also a member of the other forum, DKvine, since 2006.

I love this forum and the whole website, especially the animated maps. Thank you so much for making it! I have been a huge fan of DKC since I was a kid..that would be some 20 years. I am enchanted by the games, their look, atmosphere and music.

I would like to meet more DKC fans, I don`t know any fans in real, non-virtual life!
Newcomer
Bananas received 3

Postby Versiris » November 22nd, 2015, 6:32 pm

Hello there! I already made a post in the art thread but I figured I'd introduce myself here properly. :thumbs:

I'm Versiris / Versy, I'm a t-shirt designer, illustrator and animator who loves drawing video game characters! You can check out my website if you like~

I've been a lurker for years, but I figured I should join the community and see how it goes. Nice to meet you all!
Newcomer
Bananas received 14

Postby Qyzbud » November 23rd, 2015, 2:41 am

Welcome, amanezco and Versiris! It's great to have you both finally on board as members. :)

I feel the same way about the DKC games as you do, amazenco, and I'm glad you love the animated maps (you're most welcome!).

And Lawlzy Versy, I've been a fan of your artwork for quite some time — thanks for making the effort to sign up here and say "hi"! :D
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby OneOf99 » December 1st, 2015, 3:03 pm

Hey I'm OneOf99, I have already been active on this forum a bit but I guess I have to officially start somewhere, right? I'm so glad to have found an active forum all about the Donkey Kong Country franchise!

I am in 11th grade, so if I'm not on I'm either busy at school or playing other games.

By the way, King Zing for president!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Monkeyman » April 11th, 2016, 7:59 am

My name is Marvin, but you can call me Monkeyman!
Newcomer
Bananas received 3

Postby Super Luigi! » April 26th, 2016, 3:01 pm

Welcome to the forums, Monkeyman! I hope you enjoy yourself at our humble website! It truly is an honor to meet you!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Well...

Postby CarpTheFish » June 2nd, 2016, 6:56 am

I'm new here. Banana Slamma!

So, how does this work?
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Re: Well...

Postby Qyzbud » June 2nd, 2016, 3:12 pm

Hello and welcome, CarpTheFish!

Generally this works by new members posting in the Introduce yourself! topic (yes, this very topic we're reading now, which I've merged your topic into). If you have any further questions about forum functionality, rules and regulations, etc., these links ought to help:

:nicework:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Re: Well...

Postby CarpTheFish » June 3rd, 2016, 2:35 am

Thank you very much. :thumbs:
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby Qyzbud » June 3rd, 2016, 1:58 pm

My pleasure! I look forward to talking DKC with you. :D
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Quaraage » June 3rd, 2016, 8:43 pm

Hello, I'm Quaraage.

I'm Japanese DKC hacker and TASer. I often work on niconico.

My Active Project
(DKC related)
The Kremlings' Revenge (DKC2 Hack)
http://www.dkc-atlas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2165

Super Gorilla Maker 2 (New integrated hacking and developing tool for DKC2)
http://www.dkc-atlas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2248

(none DKC)
Super Paper Mario Any% TAS

Homepage (Japanese)
http://donkeyhacks.zouri.jp/
There are some DKC hacking documents and DKC hack IPSs.

If you have any questions about me, please feel free to ask. (Questions about private might be refused .)

To DKC2 hackers...
I'm sorry for SGM2 development has been delayed.

To administrator team...
Japanese DKC hackers also see this forum to get DKC hacking documents, but all documents and threads are written in English, so they have some difficulty to understand them. I'd like to translate these documents to Japanese and make discussion threads for Japanese community in DKC Atlas. Is that OK?
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 37

Postby Qyzbud » June 5th, 2016, 2:19 pm

I love the idea of DKC Atlas being more welcoming and accessible to DKC hackers from around the world — especially to those from Japan, where the hacking scene seems to be particularly strong. I'd love to implement a user-friendly translation system into the forum here, but until that happens (and perhaps even once that's in place) your offer sounds like a very nice idea to help bridge the language gap.

We can discuss the details of this via PM, but I just wanted to let you and others know that I support the idea. :)

Oh, welcome to DKC Atlas, by the way! :lol:

:nicework:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby CarpTheFish » June 7th, 2016, 11:20 am

It may split your bananas to hear this, but I am a hacker as well.
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby SarcasticJustin » June 19th, 2016, 2:25 pm

I'm Justin. I've been a fan of Donkey Kong ever since the first Donkey Kong Country game. I love the character and almost everything about the series and was hoping to talk to other people who love DK as well.
Newcomer

Postby Qyzbud » June 19th, 2016, 2:27 pm

Well, you'll find plenty of those here!

Welcome to DKC Atlas. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby sdkjap » June 24th, 2016, 7:07 am

Hello,

I like Donkey kong games. When i was young my friend have the donkey kong country 3 ntsc us cart when it was released to the market. It was a very nice moment with very nice graphics comparing others games.
Soon i will receive a Super Donkey Kong jap sfc dev cart.

Regards.
Newcomer
Bananas received 1

Postby Lovecraft » July 12th, 2016, 4:46 am

Hello, hello everyone!

So, I didn't find this post right away, so I went ahead and posted in another section of the site. Unfortunately, I was very poorly received (by some of what I imagine are the surlier forum goers), so I shall try to start over here and just introduce myself - Hello, my name is Lovecraft, an avid, avid fan of Donkey Kong Country. I have to admit though, I'm only familiar with the earlier games, working my way up. Working on getting 100% in Donkey Kong Country 2 currently. I love the music and recently found the original composer David Wise on Twitter and started following him haha. Anyways, excited to discuss things Donkey Kong. Also, I can beat Donkey Kong Country in like 30 minutes ;-) (maybe...something like that...).

Love,

Lovecraft
Newcomer

Postby Qyzbud » July 12th, 2016, 3:45 pm

Hello, and welcome to DKC Atlas, Lovecraft!

This is a good spot to say your first hello, but there's nothing wrong with making your first post elsewhere. Hopefully the surliness you encountered hasn't put you off too much, as most of us are quite friendly. I'll take a peek at your previous post and will (probably) provide a more positive perspective. :)

Glad to have you on-board! :krool:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Jungle » January 16th, 2017, 12:09 am

Well, I'm pretty sure a lot of you know me already, but I never really posted an introduction to myself. No time like the present! :)

I'm Jungle, I like hanging around on the Chatbox and.... Chatting (obviously) to people, mostly Qyz though seeing as his timezone is the only one that really fits with mine.
I LOVE the DKC trilogy, the original DKC is my favorite with DKC 2 in a close second place, I LOVE the games for their beautiful graphics and astonishing music and overall they just hold great value to me. That's about all there is to know about me, but if you'd ever like to learn more (for some reason) I usually stalk the chatbox and come on everyday.

For those of you who I haven't met, I look forward to meeting you too.
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Shiny Ninetales » February 18th, 2017, 1:05 pm

Hi everyone, how it's going? I'm Shiny Ninetales, a very big fan of DKC series

I know the main site since so many years ago, but I've never registered until now (I don't know why xD)
I like DKC since I was 5 years old that was when I played the game for the first time. My YouTube Channel (I was previously known as ManuMaster654) was completely dedicated to DKC series... until youtube changes makes itself decay (arround 2012/2013), but well... that's another story...

And that's it, I still enjoy of the DKC games (not so much as old times, but still) and I hope I can have a good time here.
Greetings!

:thumbs:

(by the way sorry for my possibly bad english)
Newcomer
Bananas received 1

Postby Super Luigi! » March 31st, 2017, 5:58 am

Welcome, Shiny Ninetales! I wish you the best stay possible here on the Atlas! Although the site may be quiet, it's also peaceful!

We've already met, Jungle, but it's nice to see you again as well!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby spaceman2028 » July 12th, 2017, 5:48 am

And i think you've already seen me before everyone, but greetings to the forums anyways. :dk-tf:

Don't ask me why I've been absent from here for so long, I can't really remember to be honest. :( :shakehead:

Just thought I'd say hello again since it's been forever since I got back here and did something. :nicework:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Super Luigi! » August 26th, 2017, 2:10 am

If you're like me, spaceman2028, you're busy with school/work until visiting the Atlas is out of your schedule. Then, you're afraid to return, because who knows what might happen? Naturally, however, we've both returned.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby rainbowsprinklez » May 9th, 2018, 8:15 am

I joined this site about 4 years ago... now's a good time to post here! Sup. I'm RainbowSprinklez, Rainbow, Sprink, or Mike :) Nice to meet you. Currently, I am making a sweet DKC hack. Tools I use are limited. However, I am making HEAVY use out of Simion32's object list. I am hacking in hex, mostly. I'm not very imaginative, so all the tilemmaps are the same... but I think you'll find I could still do a lot! Text right now is the hardest part for me. I'm putting that off until later. I am working mostly in bank $bd.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 108

Postby Super Luigi! » May 10th, 2018, 3:33 am

Welcome to the forums, rainbowsprinklez! Hopefully, we're all successful in 2020!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Cyclone » August 17th, 2018, 9:48 am

Also welcome. I am looking foreword to your hack rainbowsprinklez
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Postby wuffalo » December 2nd, 2019, 10:09 am

Howya!
My names Oisín, but i go by wuffalo. I havent exactly grown up with the original Rareware DK's (My time is well after that) but i've picked up a couple titles in the past years. It got me started on my love of Rare (and retro games in general). I'm also a big animation buff for stuff like classic Looney Tunes cartoons.

That's most of it, so see ya around! :dancingneek:
Tourist
Bananas received 4

Postby Super Luigi! » December 11th, 2019, 3:56 pm

Welcome, wuffalo! I hope you enjoy your stay here. The Atlas is a pretty quiet place nowadays, but don't let that discourage you! Feel free to browse and post on anything recent that you find interesting. Some of us are still here regularly.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Flurryxvivo » October 3rd, 2023, 8:36 pm

Hey everyone!
I'm known as Flurry online, I'm a huge Donkey Kong fan (especially DKC3!) and I thought I should join here since this site is full of experts on Donkey Kong Country. I also hope that by joining I can help make this site a little more active again! By the way, this probably isn't important, but I want to mention that I'm also in charge of the Donkey Kong Wiki at the moment :thumbs:

My favorite games are DKC3, DKC2 and DK64. The others are amazing as well of course, I don't think a single DKC game is bad. I grew up with Returns, but later tried out the original trilogy and fell in love with it. A few years ago I also started playing DK64 (which I fully completed because yes, I don't have anything better to do) and Tropical Freeze when it got ported to the Switch.
Looking forward to interacting more with you guys! :parry:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 3rd, 2023, 9:17 pm

You made it! Congratulations! It appears that you like Parry too! :nicework: Welcome to the Atlas!

:edit: I really like your Brothers Bear picture. I should have done something more fun. I'll rethink my image again.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Flurryxvivo » October 3rd, 2023, 10:26 pm

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! It's not recognizable at all but the forest background I used is actually the forest you see when you look outside of the window in Blunder's Booth
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby TheLameNameJero » October 4th, 2023, 9:09 am

Hello everyone! I'm Jero!
So I'm not a full Donkey Kong fan but I love to know about the series more especially for a specific king crocodile.

I decided to join here because it would be neat to interacting new people especially that the DKVine forum feels almost off to me.
Newcomer
Bananas received 6

Postby Super Luigi! » October 4th, 2023, 11:20 am

Welcome to the forums, Flurryxvivo and TheLameNameJero! Both of you have great avatars, and I'm glad you're here. I check the Atlas every day at least once, but if you ever need me in the future, just send a message. Thank you two for joining, and I wish you both the best.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 4th, 2023, 1:15 pm

Flurryxvivo wrote:Thanks, I'm glad you like it! It's not recognizable at all but the forest background I used is actually the forest you see when you look outside of the window in Blunder's Booth

Oh, i thought it appeared in the concept art!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby TimberTheTiger » October 6th, 2023, 6:30 pm

Hi! I'm TimberTheTiger! I'm Tanager's brother! I won't be on too often, but the atlas seems like a great place! DKC3 is my favorite DKC game. I like legos, chess, and DKC! I also wanted to meet Super Luigi! Thanks for letting me join, Qyzbud! It would have been this name or KrackshotKrock.
Newcomer
Bananas received 5

Postby Super Luigi! » October 7th, 2023, 3:18 am

Welcome to the forums, TimberTheTiger! It's an honor to finally meet you, and even if you don't visit often, I'm glad you're here. Until next time, please take care.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Flurryxvivo » October 7th, 2023, 5:30 am

Welcome to the atlas! Glad to see more people have been joining recently.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 7th, 2023, 7:00 pm

I emailed qyzvid, and much to my shock, I got an response in ten minutes! We set it up together.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby TimberTheTiger » October 7th, 2023, 7:05 pm

Nice to meet you too, Super Luigi! It's an honor as well! I've heard many good things about you and everybody else from my brother!
Newcomer
Bananas received 5

Postby Super Luigi! » October 8th, 2023, 3:22 pm

Tanager and the rest of our friends are the real heroes, Timber, but I'm glad to help.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Previous

Return to Anything Goes