DKC haters

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

DKC haters

Postby Swing King » September 1st, 2008, 4:06 am

You know what I'm talking about. Almost anything even remotely DKC related gets bashed, so here is the thread to point some of those haters out. While I have know idea how to post links, I once stumbled upon a Koopaling/Mario site where, while there being many DKC lovers, the majority of them bash it because "wy isnt dk jr in whoo the f++k is dddy" or "rare is gay dk lives in constrctin siteLOLXDXD"
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2
Posts: 194
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby Stone » September 1st, 2008, 5:58 am

I don't care.
The internet is full of haters, that's the thing I hate. Sometimes :mrgreen:
I don't see any problems loving both gaming universes, just like I don't have a problem in listening to Nu Metal and Trash Metal (and Punk and Jazz and Classic and many things...)
Loving one thing does not automatically exclude loving other things.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 46
Posts: 468
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby DK4Ever » September 2nd, 2008, 9:39 am

Well, I have just one thing to say here.

On Smashboards.com, I'm more or less the reigning advocate for the DK universe.

However, I meet my share of other fans, and K. Rool lovers, (and of course I direct them to this site ;) ) and often, there's one guy on Smashboards who comes along and flames them, whether they've asked a logical question, or made a logical statement or not.

If any of you guys also have a Smashboards account (I got by gannondorf4ever on Smashboards (yeah, I spelled it wrong) you may know the guy, by the name IWontGetOvertheDam.

I remember two occasions, and one other thing, that made made me really dislike this guy:

1. In the "Smash 4 character battles" thread, the first 3 to battle it out (be voted for) were K. Rool, Dixie, and Funky, or rather, the likely DK choices. Of course, K. Rool got 36 votes to Funky and Dixie's respective 6... (which was a big HOLY crap thing, because in the rest of the character battles, no character got more than 12) but, however, on the third post, IWontGetOvertheDam jumps in, and states "None. DK doesn't deserve another rep." No logical reasoning, especially since he's often weray explanatory of things, I found this strange. (Of course, there wasn't logical reasoning anyway, so...) I naturally jumped on him, asking him why he felt this way, and that's absurd, and of course, (he's a zelda guy) Zelda definitely needs another rep...., and I got no response.

2. Someone posted a thread in the "General Brawl Discussion" asking why K. Rool wasn't put into SSBB, and that he should be put into SSB4. I applauded him, but IWontGetoVertheDam showed up again, with "If K. Rool is ever in a Smash game, I will run Sakurai's balls through a juicer" I just sighed...idiot. (Not because he's expressing his opinion, but because of the way he's doing it, and the fact that he provides no reasoning, and I think I'm the only one on Smashboards who cares when the DK series is stepped on.)

3. Now, this was what really got me. In his signature, for about 5 months (no exaggeration) he had a render of Rare's K. Rool, and a big cancel sign (circle with a diagonal line through it) over K. Rool, and he had asked for "worst character ever" put be placed diagonally over K. Rool... worse yet, it was the best signature artist on the site who made it for him, which shows that she didn't care either..sigh..
Treasure Hunter
Posts: 496
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby Swing King » September 2nd, 2008, 11:39 am

http://www.lemmykoopa.com . Type that in to find a pretty good Koopaling/Mario fansite. Once you get there search for Crazy Packers Fan's DK related work. He's not the webmaster, but look for the guy's Mario VS DK reveiw. Notice what he typed about the levels?
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2
Posts: 194
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby DK4Ever » September 2nd, 2008, 1:17 pm

Well, I'd like to see it, but I couldn't find something to search with except in the forums, and nothing came up when I put Crazy Packers Fan in "author"

Although, the webmaster clearly does not hate DK, since the music on the site's main page is Cool, Cool Mountain, remixed with the DK64 boss music.
Treasure Hunter
Posts: 496
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby Swing King » September 3rd, 2008, 7:06 am

Check the reveiws and interveiws section. And the webmaster actually sort of likes the DKC series, but he really doesn't care for the characters.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2
Posts: 194
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby DK4Ever » September 3rd, 2008, 11:13 am

What absolute crap.

This definitely reflects the site's opinion toward DK, and I hate that. We don't sit here and bash Mario all day.

My god, I hate how DK was portrayed, ergh.... must...kill...Crazy Packers Fan... erggh...

And here's the direct link, for others who havent seen it yet or couldn't find it (And thanks much for the directions, dude :) )

http://www.lemmykoopa.com/lksection.php ... PackersFan
Treasure Hunter
Posts: 496
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby Swing King » September 4th, 2008, 7:48 am

Heres a quote from his Mario VS. DK reveiw, " While this game is an awesome remake of DK 94, it just doesn't feel a lot like Mario in some parts. Come on Nintendo, let's put DK back in the Mario series where he belongs now that Rare's gone, right? "

And what is funny is that he absolutely hates the DKC games. His DK64 reveiw was good, but that site mostly likes the DKCs and came up with the idea that K.Rool was Bowser's cousin. :?
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2
Posts: 194
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby Jomingo » September 4th, 2008, 8:05 am

Bowser is a Koopa, which is relative to the "turtle", whereas K. Rool is a Kremling, which is relative to "Crocodiles". There's a huge difference!.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7
Posts: 2312
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby Swing King » September 4th, 2008, 8:51 am

They also say Wart is Bowser's brother. :o
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2
Posts: 194
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby DK4Ever » September 4th, 2008, 1:57 pm

But... Wart was a completely different villain, created for a game that was NOT originally a Mario game (Doki Doki Panic involved a character named Imajin, and his family, NOT Mario. Nintendo just used Doki Doki Panic as Super Mario Bros. 2 for the U.S. because the SMB 2 in Japan was UBER hard, and they felt American gamers couldn't handle it (or something, and I'm starting to agree, it's effing tough!!)

So no, Wart was just an enemy who invaded Subcon with his henchman. He has no relation to other Mario characters, since he was not created for a Mario game originally.

Thus, this site fails for not realizing this.
Treasure Hunter
Posts: 496
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby Goe » September 5th, 2008, 7:22 am

the fisrst DKC hater is Shigeru Miyamoto, who said DKC was a succesful game because it had great graphics, but the gameplay was mediocre...i disagree. DKC gameplay was great
Goe
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2
Posts: 129
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby Jomingo » September 5th, 2008, 7:35 am

Swing King, you are forgetting that Star Fox adventure was not original going to be a Starfox game, does that mean that none of those characters belong in the SF series?

And Donkey Kong Country was originally going to be something else until Nintendo asked Rare to make a new Donkey Kong game. Viva Pinata was originally My Garden, etc, etc.

All games go through changes during development. The point is that the final product is the one taken as canon.

Though I agree that Wart is not related to Bowser, I disagree with your reasoning.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7
Posts: 2312
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby Stone » September 5th, 2008, 7:40 am

@ Goe
I heard Shigeru Miyamoto apologized later. He was just angry that some people from Nintendo wanted Yoshi's Island to have similar looks like DKC. That's also a reason why YI looks even creasier now :)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 46
Posts: 468
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby Jomingo » September 5th, 2008, 7:55 am

I think the quote was more along the lines of, "This proves that americans will buy a game with mediocre gameplay as long as it has good graphics," or something like that. And he apologised later as Stone said, though I'm sure he meant every word of it.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7
Posts: 2312
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby DK4Ever » September 5th, 2008, 1:25 pm

Jomingo wrote:Swing King, you are forgetting that Star Fox adventure was not original going to be a Starfox game, does that mean that none of those characters belong in the SF series?

And Donkey Kong Country was originally going to be something else until Nintendo asked Rare to make a new Donkey Kong game. Viva Pinata was originally My Garden, etc, etc.

All games go through changes during development. The point is that the final product is the one taken as canon.

Though I agree that Wart is not related to Bowser, I disagree with your reasoning.



I disagree. Wart is clearly not canon, nor are most of the enemies that were introduced in "SMB 2" (Only ones are Birdo and Shy Guys) Other than that, the other characters have appeared never again in a Mario game, and thus should not be taken as cannon.

And since it was not the original game, and the original game WAS MADE, this is just a cut and paste game, created from another, meant to entertain westerners.
Treasure Hunter
Posts: 496
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby The Angry Sun » September 5th, 2008, 9:40 pm

Jomingo wrote:Though I agree that Wart is not related to Bowser, I disagree with your reasoning.


Wart's "relation" to Bowser is a silly made-up fan fiction thing.

DK4Ever wrote:I disagree. Wart is clearly not canon, nor are most of the enemies that were introduced in "SMB 2" (Only ones are Birdo and Shy Guys) Other than that, the other characters have appeared never again in a Mario game, and thus should not be taken as cannon.


Well actually it's generally accepted that Birdo already existed.
Which is why she keeps appearing. For no reason.
But the Shy Guys for a fact already existed since YI toook place in Mario's past.
Miyamoto clearly does not like Chronology making sense.
Trainee Trekker
Posts: 92
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby Swing King » September 6th, 2008, 6:23 am

SHE keeps appearing.


Birdo is a he, as proved by Captain Rainbow.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2
Posts: 194
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby Jomingo » September 6th, 2008, 7:39 am

Oh, I didn't know that CR proved it, but I did know it had already been proved by Nintendo in an interview a long time ago. I don't know which interview, but they mentioned it on X-play's Mario episode(which contained several WTF? sections for characters, including Birdo).

And why should SMB2 not be taken as canon? A lot of frequent Mario characters appeared in that game, and the game was released. In fact, often people would take Japan only games as non-canon, and the "western" games as canon, not the other way around.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7
Posts: 2312
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby The Angry Sun » September 6th, 2008, 8:47 am

Well the only reason that SMB2 is not taken as canon is for this one simple fact: It was all a dream.

The credits show the entire adventure was Mario's Dream.
Thus the games events never really happened in the Mushroom Kingdom.
Wart is only a comic-book character as shown in Super Paper Mario.
Subcon never existed.
Thus it's accepted that Birdo existed at some point around Mario's Baby years.
As did the Shy Guys.
Trainee Trekker
Posts: 92
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby The Guy » October 16th, 2008, 10:04 am

DK4Ever wrote:What absolute crap.

This definitely reflects the site's opinion toward DK, and I hate that. We don't sit here and bash Mario all day.

My god, I hate how DK was portrayed, ergh.... must...kill...Crazy Packers Fan... erggh...

And here's the direct link, for others who havent seen it yet or couldn't find it (And thanks much for the directions, dude :) )

http://www.lemmykoopa.com/lksection.php ... PackersFan


Sorry for bumping but...

I also feel the same way, DK4Ever.

Lemmy's Land is rather absurd in some ways, like Mario being fatter and much less intelligent than Wario.
Veteran Venturer
Posts: 536
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby DKCplayer » October 16th, 2008, 3:46 pm

The Angry Sun wrote:It was all a dream.
Thus the games events never really happened in the Mushroom Kingdom.

However, when Mario woke up, he went to a cave and saw exactly what he saw in his dream.
See the intro if any doubts: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ScoUXhGkgjI
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 12
Posts: 349
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby Kiddy14 » October 17th, 2008, 2:30 pm

The section that DK story is is called Lemmy's Scribbles, and according to the site:
These written skits will show your favorite characters at their worst
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25
Posts: 1134
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby The Angry Sun » October 25th, 2008, 11:54 am

DKCplayer wrote:
The Angry Sun wrote:It was all a dream.
Thus the games events never really happened in the Mushroom Kingdom.

However, when Mario woke up, he went to a cave and saw exactly what he saw in his dream.
See the intro if any doubts: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ScoUXhGkgjI


That was also a dream.

I guess you could call it a dream within a dream.

Your referring to the part in the manual right where it said he woke up found that same cave?
Trainee Trekker
Posts: 92
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby Sean » October 27th, 2008, 5:22 am

So apparently Link's Awakening isn't canon to Zelda, either. You know, all a dream and all that. (And oh look, Wart was in that too.)

I disagree. Wart is clearly not canon, nor are most of the enemies that were introduced in "SMB 2" (Only ones are Birdo and Shy Guys) Other than that, the other characters have appeared never again in a Mario game, and thus should not be taken as cannon (lawl).

How about, oh, you know, BOB-OMBS? That was their first appearance. How about Snifits? How about Sparks, in Mario vs Donkey Kong 2? How about POKEY? Ninji? Pidgits are in Mario & Land: PiT. Tons and tons of SMB2 enemies have shown up in other games, to say nothing of the concepts that returned. Like, you know, everything to do with Peach.
Trainee Trekker
Posts: 66
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby The Angry Sun » October 28th, 2008, 5:00 am

Bob-omb's were in Yoshi's Island. That one is null and void.
Pidgits in PiT were in the past when Mario was a baby. That also tells me they existed during the time Mario was a baby.

Everything else you have a good point on...

The point about Wart being is that he is a dream creature.
In his two appearance he was only in a dream. And in the "Real World" of the Mushroom Kingdom he is nothing but a comic book character.

Perhaps Mario was reading too many Cyborg Wart comics on the night that SMB2 took place.
Trainee Trekker
Posts: 92
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby Sean » October 28th, 2008, 6:45 am

Bob-omb's were in Yoshi's Island. That one is null and void.

A game that came out long after. What's your argument again? The thing I'm attacking is the idea that SMB2 didn't happen in any form and none of the characters introduced there made continuing appearances afterward bar two, which I have shown to be massively wrong.
Trainee Trekker
Posts: 66
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby The Angry Sun » October 28th, 2008, 9:54 am

I'm going by Mario canon. Which exists to some degree.

Yoshi's Island chronologically was the first Mario Game. And Bob-ombs were in it.
This clearly points out that Bob-ombs were around long before the "events" of SMB2 happened.

Which I suppose was my argument.

But if you were to go by release date. The SMB2 characters did appear long after SMB2.
Trainee Trekker
Posts: 92
Joined: 2008

Re: DKC haters

Postby SmudgeKWOOD » June 9th, 2009, 4:57 am

EDITED: WHO WOULD HATE DKC?????? They should have at least 20 good explenations, I always say.
KremKrawl... edit your post please
On Probation
Posts: 179
Joined: 2009

Re: DKC haters

Postby KremKrawl » June 11th, 2009, 9:00 am

That site is only hardcore Mario fans ranting on and on. The ironic thing is that they make fun of Mario, the character most of them kind of worship. I mean, stupider then Wario? *Sigh*

EDIT: Ok, I edited my post.
Trainee Trekker
Posts: 56
Joined: 2009

Re: DKC haters

Postby CliveKoopa » January 24th, 2011, 5:58 am

What really annoys me about Lemmy's Land is the way they relate Bowser to K. Rool and Wart while neither even look like each other. I used to visit LL quite regularly but hardly go there now.
Newcomer
Posts: 9
Joined: 2011

Re: DKC haters

Postby Ribbedebie » January 25th, 2011, 12:49 am

I used to fangirl about Mario 24/7 but now? Meh. The games are fun, but that's it. DK's continuity is much more interesting.

How anyone could actively hate on DKC is beyond me... I mean, the games are so beautifully made, every single thing shows how much fun the people had crafting it. People who just go hatin' DK and pals without having good, valid reasons to do so infuriate me. :x

But then, haters gonna hate, I guess...
Trailblazer
Bananas received 56
Posts: 230
Joined: 2010


Return to General DKC Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests