The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby Super Luigi! » April 18th, 2018, 2:34 pm

OneOf99 wrote:You should anyways. Butter it up and then dip in some banana pudding. :bunch-tf:

No.

I hope tomorrow goes well. For my friends already there, please hold the line.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby PegasusMan » April 19th, 2018, 1:29 pm

Cody, your curse is a gift! Everyone does their thing differently, and you are unique in the fact that you compose and draw in ways others do not! :kiddywin:

I'd like to see one of your amazingly complex drawings based on Donkey Kong Island, if I may ask. I have a feeling that the way you would draw DK Island would bring back many nostalgic memories for us! Who doesn't like a little nostalgia, eh?

Rock on, Cody! :kiddycool:
Previously "Donkey Kong Fan"
Bananas received 8

Postby Super Luigi! » April 19th, 2018, 1:31 pm

Here's another random thought: Her'es is apparently a word, unlike fgnhowd and ldcmjd.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Cody » April 19th, 2018, 2:40 pm

What about hfhjidig, or yhdfhjfiwq? I think you're quite the hfeuigsh, Super Luigi!

PegasusMan, sure, actually, I'd love to do that. I wanted to do a DK drawing for a long time and what better to start out than to do DK Island? I'll try to have results done within the week! :D I also kind of wanted to redraw the entirety of levels (like Jungle Hijinxs), but with details to make them really stand out. I think it'd be super awesome! Ideally I'd do the whole game. When I get the right materials in the future, who knows? Maybe I will!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby PegasusMan » April 22nd, 2018, 2:52 pm

If we're talking about weird words, "aa" is the word for rough lava with a jagged surface.
Bananas received 8

Postby Super Luigi! » April 23rd, 2018, 3:46 am

That is also interesting.

What is DKC's second world? On the big world map, it looks like a beach, but the levels themselves are ruins and caves.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby PegasusMan » April 23rd, 2018, 10:57 am

Finally, a question relevant to DKC!

I believe the wooden planks covering up the holes in the walls acts as the indicator that mine levels are present. The ruins levels, however, I think are only pictured on an individual world's map, not on the big world map.

Now that I think about it, the scale of DK Island in DK64 is clearly scaled down from the DK Island in DKC. Wouldn't it be amazing to keep the same scale in DK64? ;-p
Bananas received 8

Postby Super Luigi! » April 24th, 2018, 5:43 am

With today's modern technology, we certainly could. I also want a sequel to DK64, and it should be both silly and serious, fix the original's design flaws (instant Tag-Barrel?), and have online multiplayer of some capacity (Perhaps Kongs not found in the main game could be here as well, like Krusha was in DK64?).

We cannot underestimate the value of blankets and pillows.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby PegasusMan » April 28th, 2018, 12:00 pm

A sequel to DK64 would be amazing, and I love the instant Tag-Barrel and multiplier ideas.

Yes, blankets and pillows are very valuable. But do you know what else would be valuable? A sequel to DK64 made by Retro Studios! :dk-tf:

How likely do you think a collectathon like DK64 would be created by Retro in the coming years?
Bananas received 8

Postby Super Luigi! » April 28th, 2018, 12:16 pm

I don't know. Maybe that's the hint Reggie gave many months back? Then again, he could have been referring to Tropical Freeze with Funky Kong.

Hopefully, we will all succeed greatly together forever. As ridiculous as that may sound to some, I still believe that it can be done. Also, Dixie Kong is a true hero(ine) for our time.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby PegasusMan » April 28th, 2018, 1:13 pm

Pardon my asking, but what makes her so special? I for one favor Diddy Kong more.

:diddy-r: :dixie-tf:

:dixiecry:
Bananas received 8

Postby Super Luigi! » April 28th, 2018, 2:34 pm

Even back in 1995, Dixie Kong was bold and heroic. Although her appearance has changed in recent years, she's just as beautiful, if slightly more cute. I will never forget her great courage, brilliant hair, and charming personality.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby PegasusMan » April 29th, 2018, 10:09 am

True, I agree with the fact that she was bold and heroic. But what about Diddy Kong's determination to follow in Donkey Kong's steps as seen in DKC2? I believe that Dixie Kong has a role model like Diddy Kong does.

:ck2:
Bananas received 8

Postby Cody » May 1st, 2018, 2:28 pm

In my personal opinion, Dixie is the best female video game character! I love her!

Still haven't finished DK Island, but I did whip up a few more pieces that I posted in the art thread! I also worked a liiiitle bit more on "Time Is Up", giving a bit more padding to the main track in addition to working on a transition towards the end.

^ I still need to expand upon it a lot more but that'll come in due time! I'm excited about it!!!

Edit:
https://vocaroo.com/i/s1nPIkExZ89V

Updated version. I'm naming it Emotions of the Desert after my art ^_^
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Super Luigi! » May 2nd, 2018, 10:13 am

If DKC2 released today, certain people would claim that Diddy was sexist. Thankfully, that's not the case.

Did you hear that Nintendo removed Tropical Freeze from the Wii U eShop? I'd post the question in TF's forum, but it doesn't seem that important. Also, Nintendo is being sued by patent trolls over the Switch's Joy-Cons.

Speaking of Tropical Freeze, I'll make another topic that shares GameXplain's review of the Switch version.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Cody » May 2nd, 2018, 7:49 pm

I can see why they'd remove it from the Wii U eShop, but hopefully people will still be able to re-download it if they had deleted it.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Super Luigi! » May 6th, 2018, 8:36 am

Here's a random thought: Spring is strange.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby PegasusMan » May 6th, 2018, 9:23 am

Is autumn also strange then?
Bananas received 8

Postby Cody » May 8th, 2018, 11:39 am

No, but winter is! Summer just reminds me of the singing bees in Banjo-Kazooie :P

(sorry for hijacking the thread with this again: I've updated my WIP, replacing the harp section with a new sitar one)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby PegasusMan » May 8th, 2018, 12:11 pm

Ahh, I like the sitar much better, Cody! Excellent choice! It blends very well with the strings in the background!

Once again, I cannot wait until your WIP is finished! Quite frankly, if you ended it now, I wouldn't be too upset! It's already very good and I can't wait to hear the final product! :thumbs:
Bananas received 8

Postby Super Luigi! » May 9th, 2018, 6:32 am

I'm beginning to wonder if the Cranky Kong we see in Returns and Tropical Freeze is actually DK from the Country trilogy. Either that, or the modern duo of games take place before the Country series.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby PegasusMan » May 10th, 2018, 11:10 am

I like to think that the Kongs never age. Or at least the time in between each game is shorter than in real life years.

But I certainly believe that the Cranky Kong from Returns and TF is the same Cranky as in the DKC Trilogy and before.

:rant:
Bananas received 8

Postby rainbowsprinklez » May 10th, 2018, 11:27 pm

Maybe instead he is the original Donkey's grandpa and DK is the OG
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 108

Postby Super Luigi! » May 15th, 2018, 6:22 am

Dixie definitely acts younger in Tropical Freeze. I know cuteness sells, but she should be as cool as she was in DKC2. Modern audiences would approve.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby PegasusMan » May 15th, 2018, 3:13 pm

Agreed! :D
Bananas received 8

Postby Super Luigi! » May 17th, 2018, 7:43 am

This might sound strange, but I want to see Dixie and Tiny in a game together. Better yet, why don't they actually do something? That would be nice.

Also, I have not forgotten about Diddy, DK, and Cranky, for they are true family men.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby PegasusMan » May 17th, 2018, 9:57 am

If Dixie and Tiny get their own game, Kiddy and Chunky should have one as well. Hmm, what should those games be called... :scratch:
Bananas received 8

Postby Super Luigi! » May 23rd, 2018, 12:08 pm

Unless they all join forces for one big game, why not Donkey Kong Country Pink and Blue? Throw in a battle royale mode with many Manky and much paint, and you will definitely appeal to modern audiences at the cost of DKC's integrity.

Donkey Kong Land III holds up against Donkey Kong Country 3. I haven't finished the former yet, but it stays true to the latter more so than Tropical Freeze.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Geno » July 26th, 2018, 12:15 pm

Wowee, I haven't been here in AGES! I wonder how things are going?

Youtube randomly recommended me a video upload of a "restored" dkc track, and people in the comments mentioned the source of said restoration being around here.... so here I am again to check things out! hahaha
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Super Luigi! » August 9th, 2018, 1:17 am

Welcome back, dear Geno! I hope you're doing well. Although the forums are quiet, they are also peaceful. Check out L_Sky's newest DKC3 creation, for it is important.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » October 20th, 2018, 12:25 pm

Monkey Mines really looks like the outskirts of my home, although I don't live on a cliff.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby PegasusMan » October 22nd, 2018, 11:55 am

My jealously of your residence has increased, Super Luigi, tenfold because of that statement.

I would love to live in an environment similar to Vine Valley, with the setting sun, the large lake, and the forests of trees. I would become a forest-dweller, though. Oh well. 8-)
Bananas received 8

Postby Super Luigi! » October 23rd, 2018, 12:32 pm

Vine Valley has always intrigued me. I suppose that world would be my home if I lived farther north. I still don't know how the sea is right there, although that could be a view from the cliff.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby PegasusMan » October 25th, 2018, 10:46 am

Fun fact: did you know that over 80% of the human population lives in the northern hemisphere?
Bananas received 8

Postby Super Luigi! » October 25th, 2018, 12:35 pm

I believe it. The Southern Hemisphere should be experiencing Spring at this time as well, so our days should be roughly the same.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby PegasusMan » October 28th, 2018, 1:00 am

Winter isn't all that bad... just look at Gorilla Glacier!

How can the Kongs swim the freezing cold water of Croctopus Chase?!
Bananas received 8

Postby Super Luigi! » October 28th, 2018, 12:18 pm

It's their island, so they must know how to survive. Plus, Donkey and Diddy were steadily bracing themselves for the freezing lake by scaling Vine Valley and Gorilla Glacier.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby PegasusMan » October 29th, 2018, 1:55 am

If that is the case, then how did Diddy and Dixie survive Crocodile Cauldron from DKC2?
Bananas received 8

Postby Super Luigi! » October 29th, 2018, 1:39 pm

I've heard the warmest place in a jungle is underneath a gorilla. Combined with Gangplank Galleon, they were probably prepared as well. Plus, Krem Quay came immediately afterwards.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Kingizor » April 4th, 2019, 5:38 pm

Have you played Donkey Kong today?

Trailblazer
Bananas received 77

Postby PegasusMan » April 5th, 2019, 11:48 am

Not sure if I'm supposed to laugh, or... :shakehead:
Bananas received 8

Postby Super Luigi! » April 29th, 2019, 6:47 am

I haven't, Kingizor, and I don't know what type of DKC you've been playing.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Kingizor » November 9th, 2019, 1:16 pm

Hey! Where the heck did everyone go? :huh:

Trailblazer
Bananas received 77

Postby Super Luigi! » December 11th, 2019, 4:21 pm

I always do miss the big parties that happen in my area.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby The Banana Bird » April 25th, 2020, 1:28 pm

It's been forever since i've posted here...

Hello again! I can't say i'll be returning to the forum, but I felt like I should pop in seeing how my last message had been back in 2013. I had been about 14 at the time, and looking back on some posts it sure did show! But I'm glad to see some of the usual faces are still here, and ever so passionate about what is my personal favorite gaming series of all time....I still pop each one on every month or so to wind down! I never did officially say goodbye, and though it's 7 years too late I would like to formally thank you all for giving me this nice little retreat during my teen years.

I also may have just wanted to make some of you feel old, as I am currently feeling that way. :nicework:

Best wishes!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Chibisai Kong » April 30th, 2020, 2:10 pm

McYikes, it's been forever since I was here. Hope everyone is doing well.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Blaziken257 » November 22nd, 2020, 3:48 pm

As of November 21, Donkey Kong Country Returns is now 10 years old!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 15th, 2021, 11:21 am

It's honestly kind of sad to see this site just kinda fade away. I know I'm not helping matters, but it still hurts because I have so many good memories of this place.

EDIT: oh God, my icon is still that Alucard lick gif I found on deviantArt about ten years ago :facepalm:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Super Luigi! » October 7th, 2022, 10:29 am

I'm always here if someone needs me. As I've said before, just send me a PM, and I'll appear. That's what I did today, after all.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Sledgehammer44 » October 7th, 2022, 10:54 am

This forum may never be as active as it once was, but I think it might have a new chance at having some more activity.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 5

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes