The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby Mattrizzle » October 1st, 2023, 7:17 am

It's a modern online battle royale game on the Nintendo Switch based on the original F-Zero for the Super NES. 99 players race on the tracks simultaneously.

It can be downloaded for free if you have a Nintendo Switch Online subscription.
https://www.nintendo.com/store/products ... 99-switch/
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 221

Postby Super Luigi! » October 1st, 2023, 11:29 am

I personally don't like the game very much, but it's just fun enough for me to keep playing. Eventually, however, it will overstay its welcome, and then I'll leave.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby Super Luigi! » October 2nd, 2023, 2:53 pm

Thankfully, I won the Queen League earlier today, so now I don't need to worry about that, and I'll make sure to post a joke about it later. For now, here's another thought:

Dixie and Tiny are great sisters.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 3rd, 2023, 7:28 pm

And Diddy and Timber are great brothers!

Just kidding.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » October 4th, 2023, 11:21 am

I think they could be, especially since Timber was my brother's favorite character from Diddy Kong Racing DS. From what I remember, he is cool.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby Mattrizzle » October 4th, 2023, 11:28 am

Diddy and Timber are also brothers in the sense that their father is Kevin Bayliss, since he created both of them.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 221

Postby Super Luigi! » October 5th, 2023, 10:31 am

That definitely makes him sound powerful, and I think he voices Tiny in DK64 too.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 6th, 2023, 5:46 pm

Random thought!
Grandparents are great.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » October 7th, 2023, 3:20 am

My brother liked him too, and I'm sure Diddy, Dixie, Tiny, and Timber would have many advetures together, such as with the friendly foxes.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby Sledgehammer44 » October 7th, 2023, 12:10 pm

I'm glad I finally finished another week of school, especially since I have a 3 day weekend. Sometimes the work can be such a burden, especially in my government class, where I have to take an absurd amount of notes. I'm glad I'll have a couple days to rest at least.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 5

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 7th, 2023, 6:58 pm

Have a great weekend, Sledge!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Flurryxvivo » October 8th, 2023, 10:04 am

I wonder if we're ever gonna get new Kongs. We've had the same Kong family for decades now, so what's keeping Nintendo from adding new ones in the next DK game? Will we ever get to see Muddy Kong? :funky:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 13

Postby Super Luigi! » October 8th, 2023, 3:24 pm

I doubt Nintendo cares very much for the Kongs, but we can hope. Many of them were in the Mario movie, after all, although that doesn't strike me as very accurate.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby Flurryxvivo » October 8th, 2023, 8:11 pm

I think Nintendo is at the very least aware of their existence, otherwise we wouldn't have seen Swanky in the Mario movie. Maybe they'll try to establish Chunky as part of the main "DK crew", since out of all the Kongs they could have chosen to sit in the audience with Diddy & Dixie they chose him, and he's gained a lot of popularity outside of the Donkey Kong community because of memes. I'd be pretty happy about that.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 13

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 9th, 2023, 5:41 am

Interesting. All of it. Itll be interesting having you here, I thought I knew most DKC lore, but you have brought up some I don't.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » October 9th, 2023, 1:15 pm

Kiddy Kong may have been visible for two seconds in the movie when everyone was driving on Rainbow Road, so that's a start. Dixie's attitude towards Diddy didn't strike me as very accurate, however, and their outfits weren't right either. Regardless, I would like to see Chunky and many of the other Kongs again.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 9th, 2023, 4:43 pm

I'm going to be gone for a while from here. See you guys!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Flurryxvivo » October 10th, 2023, 4:14 am

WesternTanager794 wrote:Interesting. All of it. Itll be interesting having you here, I thought I knew most DKC lore, but you have brought up some I don't.

They don't call me the biggest Donkey Kong fan for nothing! :swanky: (no one has called me that before)

Super Luigi! wrote:Kiddy Kong may have been visible for two seconds in the movie when everyone was driving on Rainbow Road, so that's a start.

Ohh right I almost forgot about that! I remember being really hyped about it when the trailer released, but I'm not sure if he was visible in the actual movie. I saw the movie twice and I looked for him both times but I just didn't see him, and since Nintendo never said anything about his cameo I was left unsure if that was really him, but he definitely looks like Kiddy.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 13

Postby Super Luigi! » October 10th, 2023, 10:47 am

WesternTanager794 wrote:I'm going to be gone for a while from here. See you guys!

We will miss you, Tanager. Please take care.

Flurryxvivo wrote:Ohh right I almost forgot about that! I remember being really hyped about it when the trailer released, but I'm not sure if he was visible in the actual movie. I saw the movie twice and I looked for him both times but I just didn't see him, and since Nintendo never said anything about his cameo I was left unsure if that was really him, but he definitely looks like Kiddy.

I think Kiddy is on the left side of the screen when the crew is riding together before they run into Bowser's army.

Now here's another random thought: I feel like Winky would either fight Dixie or stare at her like he does with everything.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby Flurryxvivo » October 10th, 2023, 7:47 pm

WesternTanager794 wrote:Thank you guys!

See ya!
Super Luigi! wrote:Now here's another random thought: I feel like Winky would either fight Dixie or stare at her like he does with everything.

I think it'd be really funny if Winky confuses Dixie for a fly and sticks his tongue out. Speaking of his tongue, if Winky ever returns it would be cool to have a tongue attack. Maybe this would be too similar to Yoshi though
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 13

Postby Super Luigi! » October 11th, 2023, 10:35 am

Winky might just be Yoshi. Meanwhile, Rambi is Red Yoshi, Expresso is Blue Yoshi, and Enguarde is Yellow Yoshi. It doesn't quite make sense, but that's what I think. As for Squawks, he is the disco ball from Bowser's Castle. I also had cats that reminded me of the Animal Buddies, although besides Expresso, they've all left.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby Flurryxvivo » October 12th, 2023, 2:45 am

Super Luigi! wrote:although besides Expresso, they've all left.

Does that mean you have a blue Yoshi at home? :scratch:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 13

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 12th, 2023, 9:50 am

Flurryxvivo wrote:I think it'd be really funny if Winky confuses Dixie for a fly and sticks his tongue out. Speaking of his tongue, if Winky ever returns it would be cool to have a tongue attack. Maybe this would be too similar to Yoshi though

Phyreburnz created a sprite that did that by accident. I'll try to find it soon.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 12th, 2023, 9:52 am

Flurryxvivo wrote:

Of course he does!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Cody » October 12th, 2023, 2:08 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:
Cody wrote:Calling it now: Tropical Freeze WILL come out on Switch and it will have a playable Funky Kong! :funky:

I doubt it, but if it does happen, hopefully people will be happy.

Miiverse will always be great. Even now, I wish it was active. Nevertheless, it will always remain alive in our hearts. :banana:

I just randomly recalled the time I predicted DKCTF on Switch with playable Funky before it was even announced in the Direct :krool: and you know it wasn't edited because of Super Luigi's reply :thumbs:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 12th, 2023, 3:18 pm

I did see that at some point. Good job!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » October 12th, 2023, 3:34 pm

Cody wrote:
Super Luigi! wrote:
Cody wrote:Calling it now: Tropical Freeze WILL come out on Switch and it will have a playable Funky Kong! :funky:

I doubt it, but if it does happen, hopefully people will be happy.

Miiverse will always be great. Even now, I wish it was active. Nevertheless, it will always remain alive in our hearts. :banana:

I just randomly recalled the time I predicted DKCTF on Switch with playable Funky before it was even announced in the Direct :krool: and you know it wasn't edited because of Super Luigi's reply :thumbs:

Had I known about the port craze, I would have agreed, although the idea of Retro Studios using more Kongs was certainly far-fetched, since they didn't seem to care much.

Flurryxvivo wrote:

She doesn't fly, but like Expresso, she runs away and seems very afraid. It could just be how she sounds, however, and she's not afraid of me anymore.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby Flurryxvivo » October 13th, 2023, 5:36 am

Cody wrote:I just randomly recalled the time I predicted DKCTF on Switch with playable Funky before it was even announced in the Direct :krool: and you know it wasn't edited because of Super Luigi's reply :thumbs:

Wouldn't it be cool if Nintendo announced a new DKC game in the next Direct? It will also feature tons of references to the original trilogy! Yeah, imagine that...
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 13

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 13th, 2023, 7:34 am

It's need to be with the typical "Rare flair"! That would be awesome. I wonder what the concept for dk games on the gamecube were. Probably improved a bit over DK64 from the criticism they received. We need to figure out what DKC4 was like, and Coconut Crackers, and release Donkey Kong Racing! Nintendo and Microsoft are on better terms now so maybe some collaboration?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 13th, 2023, 8:19 am

I don't know if I ever shared this, but the red rambi I got on footage a while ago that no one ever explained. Any ideas?

Also if you go down to the bottom right as screen as far as you can without taking damage and go off screen, you lose a life and the game soft-locks.

Also, how is the Mario rom hack going RainbowSprinklez?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » October 13th, 2023, 11:19 am

Here's another silly thought that I hope helps: The Banana Bird and Fairy queens could be mothers for the Kongs, and if they ever met, both women would likely recreate that Predator meme one way or another. I'll probably post what I mean on the server.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 18th, 2023, 10:30 am

how exactly could they be mothers for the kongs?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » October 19th, 2023, 10:45 am

The Kongs live off of bananas, and DK guards them tirelessly, so the Banana Queens are likely very important to them. Both ladies aren't exactly their mothers, but they are likely very important maternal figures. I wouldn't exactly call them goddesses, however, although they could be. Only one game with each doesn't give us much to go off of.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 19th, 2023, 1:51 pm

What about a story about them, though?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » October 20th, 2023, 10:31 am

I could try to write something about them, although it would likely be short and involve much affection.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 21st, 2023, 11:11 am

I don't care. If you would like to do it, I would enjoy it.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » October 22nd, 2023, 2:58 pm

Alright. When the time is right, I'll do it, but not right now.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby rainbowsprinklez » December 2nd, 2023, 7:46 am

Idk where to post this. Is this a good spot? I feel weird even posting it here xD

Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 108

Postby Super Luigi! » December 2nd, 2023, 12:50 pm

It's definitely a thought that few have likely chosen.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby Sledgehammer44 » December 3rd, 2023, 7:03 am

I wonder where Tanager is. He said a while ago that he would be gone for a long time but didn't elaborate further than that. I anxiously await his return every day.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 5

Postby Super Luigi! » December 3rd, 2023, 12:50 pm

As do I, Sledge. I'm sure he's somewhere important, and he may even be at another chess tournament.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Previous

Return to Anything Goes