Creating Custom DKC-Style Characters/Sprites

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Creating Custom DKC-Style Characters/Sprites

Postby Phyreburnz » July 23rd, 2013, 4:50 am

I have made a list of all of the animations that would be needed to create a new playable character in the DKC series. It is a long list, so it is in a zipped word document.

There is a list of all of the animations and beside them there is either one number or two numbers like this: 18-24. These numbers are how many different sprites are in each animation. If it is one number, it is consistent between the four Kongs. If it is a range (like 18-24) I wrote the lowest number of frames as well as the highest. I did it this way so it is easier for people to figure out how many frames they would like in their animations and to get it as close to the Rare animations as possible, if desired.

If you have any questions on what something means, you can ask me, or if I missed anything, please let me know and I'll fix it.

CatLoverMolly
Attachments
Sprite list for normal characters.zip
(13.17 KiB) Downloaded 616 times
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Re: Creating Custom DKC-Style Characters/Sprites

Postby CatLoverMolly » July 23rd, 2013, 5:39 am

Awesome, thanks a ton!

I was just starting to get tired of directly spriting Sassy, so I'll probably use this list in combination with my model. I think I'll start...say...the First of August? That'll give me time to clean up the model and get all the software I need.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 100

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks