Merry Chris-maholidays

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Merry Chris-maholidays

Postby DK4Ever » December 26th, 2008, 3:14 am

Anyway, looking past my terrible word-play, I hope everyone has had a great holiday, I myself am overjoyed, my family gifted me with a new laptop, (which is bloody amazing) and various Wii games. I luv my family.

On another note, this holiday has been otherwise melancholy, as a childhood friend and my mother passed away within a week of one another from (17th and 22nd)

My mother's last gift to me was the Dark Knight, which, besides being my favorite movie of all time, now has even greater meaning, eh?

All in all, I hope everyone had a great holiday, and be sure to share your stories, what what?
Treasure Hunter

Re: Merry Chris-maholidays

Postby Tiptup Jr. » December 26th, 2008, 3:50 am

I got a kick-ASS remote controlled Donkey Kong car from Mario Kart DS. I also received a Hot Wheels toy Donkey Kong Monster Truck, Nintendo Collector's Edition Monopoly, and a big yellow DS stylus with DK on it. I'll be making a video to showcase this awesome new stuff later. :D

OH, AND I GOT NUTS & BOLTS!!! :o
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kiddy14 » December 26th, 2008, 4:07 am

Technically, my family gifted me a laptop in June as part of my Christmas present, so all I got this year was some 12 in 1 package for my GBA SP =P Oh, and I also bought a video camera, which... was robbed 2 weeks later, but that's besides the point.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby PotoGamer » December 26th, 2008, 8:15 am

My Christmas wasn't too surprising, since the gifts I received in Christmas day are just simple gifts. However, the most expensive gift ($55 for a game called Pu-Li-Ru-La) I got for Christmas was so awesome, that I could not resist playing it after Christmas. :P My sister also got an old typewriter, and it's really addictive for some strange reason. So, I got a total of 6 1/2 gifts.
Trailblazer

Postby Tiptup Jr. » December 26th, 2008, 9:22 am

See, for me, it's not the number of gifts. It's the awesomeness of the gifts.

...And mine were quite awesome! :lol: (Laughter of joy)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby DK4Ever » December 26th, 2008, 11:49 am

Awesome!

Anyway, I'm still loving this laptop, finally I have one I can ACTUALLY carry around! (My old laptop got run over and the battery broke, so it had to stay plugged in all the time. =(
Treasure Hunter

Postby Rodent » December 26th, 2008, 1:30 pm

Sorry to hear about your mother and friend, DK4Ever.

My Christmas went really well until 1am. I woke up kinda late, then we had a heap of family friends over for breakfast. After they left and we cleaned up, we opened most of our presents at about midday. We saved a few because my brother isn't home until January 2, so we'll finish Christmas then. During the afternoon, I drank some vodka and beer with Dad, then played some Animal Crossing with mum and the new dog. We went out for tea that night with the same people who we saw for breakfast. That was good fun, watched Family Guy and them playing Fallout 3 (which I must say, looks crap), then we played knives in Call of Duty 4. When we got hoem at 12ish, we sat outside and talked then I decided to go find the cat. He ran up a tree behind the shed so I went up to get him. After I grabbed him, I couldn't really see the ground on the way down. I slipped feeling for the ground and my left foot fell into a big hole and twisted. I think it's sprained, but I'm not sure yet. Fun fun.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Gnawzooka » December 26th, 2008, 2:47 pm

I got heaps of Wii stuff for Christams.
- Wii
- 2 Wiimotes
- 2 Nunchuks
- 2 Gamecube Controllers like what Ben has
- WiFi and 2000 WiiPoints
- 5 Games: De Blob, Wario Land The Shake Dimension, Wii Sports, Wii Play and....

BRAWL!!!!

Also I got Guitar Hero World Tour on PS2.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Rodent » December 27th, 2008, 9:23 pm

Holy crap you're lucky. I bought all my Wii stuff myself. D:
Why'd you get World Tour for PS2?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Gnawzooka » December 27th, 2008, 9:39 pm

Because my dad and brother are stupid. I gave them at least 3 good reasons why they shouldn't too... :|
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Simion32 » December 28th, 2008, 10:52 am

Got some nice Bose Companion 5 speakers which operates via a USB cord. Although I had to stuff the "Acoustimass Module" (a subwoofer with custom DSP or something) in my closet, it was well worth trying get it all set up. Which included cleaning the rest of my room and re-wiring my entire computer setup.

It generates a 6" magnetic field that can/will erase magnetic media, so at least I was able to get it out of the way where (1) it can't be seen easily and (2) disks can't randomly fall on top of it.

The only disadvantage is that my room starts to get hot fast, and my closet ends up smelling like overheated circuit boards or something (it hasn't overheated but it definitely generates a noticeable smell while running). Thankfully I have an air-conditioner in my room so I can cool my room off if it gets too hot.

I didn't get much else than that, just money. I really couldn't think of anything for anyone to get anyway, since I already have all of the "latest" Wii games. I wish Nintendo would put out some more great games, especially a good DK one... :|
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby DKCplayer » December 28th, 2008, 12:36 pm

I only have a fan in my room. :(
Anyways, Merry (Late) Christmas everybody! I also got a laptop, so now on long car trips, maybe I can play some DKC! :lol:
The thing is, I have to learn how to use a Vista! Not that hard though. :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Return to Anything Goes