Google Chrome

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Google Chrome

Postby cfh » September 3rd, 2008, 10:23 pm

http://www.google.com/chrome/

Amazing new browser on so many levels I can't possibly list them all. Two biggest ones are it's noticeably faster and smaller! I love it. Once it gets AdBlock I'm switching for good.
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Re: Google Chrome

Postby DK4Ever » September 4th, 2008, 6:32 am

I wonder if using it will fix my problem I have with my javascript, that isn't allowing me to view youtube videos (or MOST other video sites (metacafe, and the like)

I can only hope :(
Treasure Hunter

Postby cfh » September 4th, 2008, 10:06 am

Only the same retards who fall for "Click for free iPod!!" would fall for that >_>

I keep discovering reasons why Chrome is awesome. The downloading system is great and I had one of my tabs crash but not affect the others. I love it!!
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Kiddy14 » September 4th, 2008, 12:54 pm

I know, I just found that posted in some forums (a.k.a. people who don't seem to accept new things and think every new software based on already existent software is just a bare copy of the original).

I've also seen some good reviews, but I'm not good with beta stuff, so I'll wait until V1.0 comes out =)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Qyzbud » September 4th, 2008, 3:11 pm

I'm Chroming at the moment, and I must say that everything's working a treat so far. It even allows you to resize text areas, such as the one I'm typing this post into... that's a pretty nifty feature, I must say. The status bar appears on a need-to-know basis, which is another stroke of brilliance.

Not only does it display all of DKC Atlas' formatting pretty much spot-on (including many things still IE fails with, despite my best efforts), it actually shows the terrain of a map while it's downloading, so you don't get that "is that all there is?" question popping into your head.

Seems like a very quick, stable and compatible browser - maybe even as good as Firefox - but I don't think I'll switch just yet.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Gnawzooka » September 4th, 2008, 8:14 pm

I haven't tried it, but it sounds alright. I only just switched to FireFox from IE though. :roll:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Simion32 » September 5th, 2008, 7:42 am

I'm going to stay with Firefox completely, at least until Chrome is v1.0 - I got the beta installed, and it won't start up at all, no window or anything.

There are a lot of addons I use in Firefox, I might just use both browsers (Google Chrome for speed when I need to check a site quickly and I'm in a hurry, and Firefox for mostly everything else).

I can't say much about Chrome as it isn't working on my end, but my speed problems with Firefox are gradually disappearing. I can see some heavy competition in the works...
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 333

Postby cfh » September 5th, 2008, 7:53 am

A little competition is good. This means they have a reason to majorly update Firefox.
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Kiddy14 » September 7th, 2008, 7:03 am

I couldn't resist so I downloaded it :D
It's not that amazing, but it's fairly good. Needs some revamping in the settings though, as soft-scrolling when using the mouse wheel...
But I like it, has more space for navigating than for browser things so is cool.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Return to Anything Goes