Things that sound different slower and/or deeper.

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Things that sound different slower and/or deeper.

Postby BlueTronic » June 26th, 2008, 1:38 pm

In the 'Similar DKC Sounds for the Same Effect' thread, I discovered that a barrel breaking is actually a slow deep clap, Kiddy14 found out that Squitter/Rattly's death sound were a slow deep Neek squeek, and now I found something really shocking:

When I was making a Disco Train remix, I stumbled on to something really strange when I was adding the part at 0:42 of Disco Train (Not the whistles, but the bass in the background: It actually starts at 0:27, but you can hear it more clearly at 0:42). I put a choir in as a pad to make it feel more like you were high up in a Roller Coaster, when I accidently made it play the notes from 0:42. Out of curiosity, I wanted to see what it would sound like (the notes where 3 keys deeper than the root note) and instead of getting a bunch of plain old voices with the melody of 0:42, I got this (First it plays how the choir normally sounds in just a long single note, and second, it shows how it sounds with the 0:42 Disco Train melody 3 keys deeper):
Choir from Coller Roaster.mp3
(242.92 KiB) Downloaded 792 times

How cool is that?
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Re: Things that sound different slower and/or deeper.

Postby Kiddy14 » August 10th, 2008, 3:36 pm

Dixie sounds like a doggy slow-mo!

Sorry for the bump but I saw my 2 months old reply I "supposedly" posted wasn't.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Return to Anything Goes