Time Off

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Time Off

Postby Kowbrainz » June 14th, 2008, 5:06 pm

Just letting peeps know that I'll be taking quite a bit off time off the site in the upcoming months. (mid year) Examination results came back, and failing 2 out of 6 isn't such a good thing; rather a wake up call that I need to pull my head in for a while.

I might pop my nose in here every now and then (probably less-so than I have been) but for the most part it means I'm hitting the books with no distractions on the side, lol.

'xams finish at the end of November, so I'll have the Christmas holidays to make up for it I s'pose, as long as I'm not spending all my time playing the new Banjo game instead... :P

See you around,

Kowz.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Re: Time Off

Postby Kiddy14 » June 15th, 2008, 9:29 am

Seems the only moderator we have now is Jomingo. Kowbrainz has already stated he would be gone for a while. Qyzbud seems gone or is waiting to give us a big update, and cfh isn't usually in here =P

Jomingo, help! :|

EDIT: Wait, Jomingo's last post was June 12th! Oh noes! We're doomed :cry:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby BlueTronic » June 15th, 2008, 9:53 am

Maybe they got kidnapped. We should start a federal investigation. I wanna be the detective! :D
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Simion32 » June 15th, 2008, 10:05 am

Kiddy14 wrote:cfh isn't usually in here =P
I hear cfh will be going to Europe soon for about 6 weeks, I am unsure he will even be here at all. I may have to devise an alternate method of providing engine updates, because after this Sunday, he won't be able to upload anything. :|

There has been a general lack of site activity... :?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Kiddy14 » June 15th, 2008, 10:14 am

Simion32 wrote:There has been a general lack of site activity... :?

Miraculously, the forum is still up, even with the absense of moderators.

If we ever see Qyzbud again, he'll have to choose temporal mods until cfh and Kowbrainz are back, he can't leave all the work to Jomingo, that if we also ever see him again xD

Kong-Fu wrote:Maybe they got kidnapped.

Hope that didn't happen to Qyz and Jom... :( I'm obsessed with remarking usernames =P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Jomingo » June 15th, 2008, 11:42 am

Do not worry. Kowz and CFH have already expressed there reasons for lack of activity. Qyzbud on the other hand has been MIA for around 5 days. All this means is that he's probably working on something big, and is too busy to post.

Don't worry about me either. I may not have posted, but I have logged on twice a day every single day. I just haven't had anything important to say. That doesn't mean I'm not watching all of you.

There has not been talk of any more moderator appointments, nor is there any need to. We will not be making any more mods anytime soon, and I am more than capable of handling the 8 or so of you that stay active :D. Besides, Qyzbud wouldn't just abandon us, he will be back anyday now. Any problems until then can be handled by me. It's not like we have any trouble going on with members right now.

Everything is under control.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kiddy14 » June 15th, 2008, 12:07 pm

Phew! We were doomed! xD

No, really, joking we all know =) I know you can handle it Jo =) You've been doing great.

It's just, Qyzbud, he's not the kind of guy to leave his site for about, almost a week.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Jomingo » June 15th, 2008, 12:11 pm

I think that this is too young of a site to know what kind of guy Qyzbud is, but I can assure you he hasn't abandoned you. I know that he's either got some really important personal issue, or he's working on the site.

This is where the concerns will be put to rest. There is NO need to worry, Qyzbud will return soon, and until then I have it under control. Now we can stop being worried and discuss more important issues, like Youtube, or Wario land Shake.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kiddy14 » June 15th, 2008, 12:12 pm

Or Pets! :D
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby BlueTronic » June 15th, 2008, 12:22 pm

Or more yo mama jokes!
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Jomingo » June 15th, 2008, 12:25 pm

You guys have been taking too many Off Topic Posting Pills, haven't you? Seriously, whatever happened to the rule "Don't Post if you have nothing to Say"?

EDIT: Proof we don't have to worry. The last time Qyz visited was 4:17 today. He just hasn't posted. We can now all commence the chilling.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Qyzbud » June 16th, 2008, 3:19 am

Wow, it's nice to know that I've been missed. :D I've a few things to explain briefly (nothing bad!), but first a quick note...

Kowz,
Sorry to hear about your results, although in my mind, passing four exams is reason to party. 8-)
Best of luck with it all though, I hope you can turn things around without too much difficulty.
Do pop in to say howdy now and then. These forums won't be the same without you. ;)

As for me; well I've been MIA for a couple of reasons... Jomingo is dead right that I've been working hard on Atlas development, but usually that wouldn't keep me from being sociable. I've just moved back home after house-sitting for a few months, and internet access is a hassle once more (dial-up, have to negotiate shared use of a specific computer in a very coooold room...). Plus I've had a cold myself, and work/social committments. Anyway, I can't be as active on the forum as I've been in the past months, but don't write me off just yet. Take a look at the site updates for proof of my on-going, unwaivering dedication.

You're right, Kiddy; It's not like me to leave this place for even a day... I ought to have announced my potential lack of forum activity a week or so ago, but I had hoped that I would have been able to keep fairly active around here. If only my quaint little mountain village had better internet access... If only! Well I plan to be here at least most days, if not all. Thanks for your patience.

Okay, so that's what's going on with me. Thanks Jomingo for being the voice of reason in this thread, and for your excellent work as a mod and Atlas team member. I know you can keep this place functioning in grand style, even while I'm absent.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Jomingo » June 16th, 2008, 10:17 am

See, I new that it was some personal issue but he was still doing some kind of update. Glad to hear that your're okay.

Now we can commence the chilling?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Return to Anything Goes