Banana Fairy?

Talk about Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! for SNES and VC.
The GBA port can be discussed in the DKC3 Port (GBA) subforum.

Banana Fairy?

Postby DKCFan188 » January 31st, 2012, 4:02 pm

I hate getting this one banana fairy and it's driving me crazy, it's called Sewer stockpile and i can't seem to get by the darn thing, it's my very last one and i can't get through it at all.:/ it's hard. :? :evil:
Trainee Trekker
Posts: 73
Joined: 2012

Re: Banana Fairy?

Postby mentholcase » February 1st, 2012, 6:24 am

You mean banana bird?

Try writing down the button sequence as it plays, then refer to it. Good luck. :)
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 6
Posts: 80
Joined: 2012

Re: Banana Fairy?

Postby DKCFan188 » February 1st, 2012, 7:01 am

mentholcase wrote:You mean banana bird?

Try writing down the button sequence as it plays, then refer to it. Good luck. :)



oops made a mistake there lol, sorry about that, i forgot how it was spelt.

I tried that but i think it does too fast for me and i was getting all frustrated all over it, it is my very last banana bird too to get and i complete the game. :lol:
Trainee Trekker
Posts: 73
Joined: 2012

Re: Banana Fairy?

Postby mentholcase » February 1st, 2012, 7:37 am

Maybe to speed up your writing, have simple lines represent YXBA?

For example, a curve looking like the letter "n" could represent X, a curve looking like the letter "u" could represent B, a curve looking like the letter "c" could represent Y, and a curve representing a backwards "c" could represent A.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 6
Posts: 80
Joined: 2012

Re: Banana Fairy?

Postby DKCFan188 » February 1st, 2012, 11:55 am

mentholcase wrote:Maybe to speed up your writing, have simple lines represent YXBA?

For example, a curve looking like the letter "n" could represent X, a curve looking like the letter "u" could represent B, a curve looking like the letter "c" could represent Y, and a curve representing a backwards "c" could represent A.



i can try that lol, i don't wanna get all mad again like i did the other day.

well i don't know what that means really.:P :?
Trainee Trekker
Posts: 73
Joined: 2012

Re: Banana Fairy?

Postby mentholcase » February 1st, 2012, 1:22 pm

Writing the letters A, X, and B, can be time-consuming if you are in a mad hurry, so simple lines with just a curve in them would be faster. So if the pattern being played was XYBBAX, you would write:

(let's let "p" represent that backwards "c") n c u u p n

Which would be a lot faster than writing "x y b b a x"
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 6
Posts: 80
Joined: 2012

Re: Banana Fairy?

Postby Super Luigi! » February 1st, 2012, 2:56 pm

Another strategy you could do, is write 1, 2, 3, or 4 for the colors. I've tested it, and it works well for me.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 211
Posts: 2087
Joined: 2012

Re: Banana Fairy?

Postby DKCFan188 » February 1st, 2012, 3:25 pm

mentholcase wrote:Writing the letters A, X, and B, can be time-consuming if you are in a mad hurry, so simple lines with just a curve in them would be faster. So if the pattern being played was XYBBAX, you would write:

(let's let "p" represent that backwards "c") n c u u p n

Which would be a lot faster than writing "x y b b a x"



I'm confused on how to do that but I'll try it out tomorrow possibly.:3 thanks for the stragedy!
Trainee Trekker
Posts: 73
Joined: 2012

Re: Banana Fairy?

Postby DKCFan188 » February 1st, 2012, 3:26 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:Another strategy you could do, is write 1, 2, 3, or 4 for the colors. I've tested it, and it works well for me.



I could try that out! thanks for the strategy.:)
Trainee Trekker
Posts: 73
Joined: 2012

Re: Banana Fairy?

Postby SexyRayman » February 1st, 2012, 3:35 pm

Banana fairies are annoying indeed! That's why I skip the caves!
Tourist
Posts: 43
Joined: 2012

Re: Banana Fairy?

Postby mentholcase » February 2nd, 2012, 6:00 am

Or do the numbers thing, haha
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 6
Posts: 80
Joined: 2012

Re: Banana Fairy?

Postby Super Luigi! » February 2nd, 2012, 2:23 pm

You're welcome. Let us know if either of our strategies help you!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 211
Posts: 2087
Joined: 2012

Re: Banana Fairy?

Postby DKCFan188 » February 2nd, 2012, 2:45 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:You're welcome. Let us know if either of our strategies help you!



I haven't played it today, i was too busy playing DKC2 lol, maybe I'll play number 3 tomorrow but i don't know yet.:3
Trainee Trekker
Posts: 73
Joined: 2012

Re: Banana Fairy?

Postby Super Luigi! » February 2nd, 2012, 2:47 pm

"Are you a Banana Bird? That's OK, take you time."
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 211
Posts: 2087
Joined: 2012

Re: Banana Fairy?

Postby DKCFan188 » February 2nd, 2012, 2:56 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:"Are you a Banana Bird? That's OK, take you time."


Oh i will.:3
Trainee Trekker
Posts: 73
Joined: 2012

Re: Banana Fairy?

Postby SexyRayman » February 2nd, 2012, 3:18 pm

Banana fairies are hard to get sometimes.. that's why I don't bother getting them. haha1
Tourist
Posts: 43
Joined: 2012

Re: Banana Fairy?

Postby Tiptup Jr. » February 5th, 2012, 11:04 am

HOLY f--- THEY'RE NOT FAIRIES
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9
Posts: 1509
Joined: 2008

Re: Banana Fairy?

Postby The Banana Bird » February 5th, 2012, 1:45 pm

They are Banana Birds for anyone who didn't know guys. Like me, im a Banana Bird :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 5
Posts: 335
Joined: 2011

Re: Banana Fairy?

Postby DKCFan188 » February 5th, 2012, 1:53 pm

Tiptup Jr. wrote:HOLY f--- THEY'RE NOT FAIRIES



I knew they were banana birds. i just made a mistake is all.xD
Trainee Trekker
Posts: 73
Joined: 2012

Re: Banana Fairy?

Postby Super Luigi! » February 5th, 2012, 2:17 pm

You can't make mistakes like that around here, DKCFan188. You will be mugged and possibly given the boot by some of us hardcore fans here. The Banana Bird, so did Dixie and Kiddy find you, or are you another one?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 211
Posts: 2087
Joined: 2012

Re: Banana Fairy?

Postby The Banana Bird » February 5th, 2012, 2:27 pm

Super Luigi! wrote: The Banana Bird, so did Dixie and Kiddy find you, or are you another one?

I am typing all of this in a crystal sadly :cry:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 5
Posts: 335
Joined: 2011

Re: Banana Fairy?

Postby Super Luigi! » February 5th, 2012, 2:32 pm

:o DON'T WORRY THE BANANA BIRD, I'LL SAVE YOU! *runs off in heroic fashion*
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 211
Posts: 2087
Joined: 2012

Re: Banana Fairy?

Postby DKCFan188 » February 8th, 2012, 4:15 am

Super Luigi! wrote:You can't make mistakes like that around here, DKCFan188. You will be mugged and possibly given the boot by some of us hardcore fans here. The Banana Bird, so did Dixie and Kiddy find you, or are you another one?


oh I gotta watch out then lol. well we all make mistakes, maybe I should double check my spelling before I post it. Lol I'm definitely a DKC hardcore gamer haha, I beat DKC2 yesterday. 102% about time.
Trainee Trekker
Posts: 73
Joined: 2012


Return to Donkey Kong Country 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest