Dave Wise has left Rare.

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

Dave Wise has left Rare.

Postby Cody » November 15th, 2009, 1:06 pm

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379699

In the end, I'm sure this is the best decision that Wise could have made. Not only has Rare not been producing very many games for him to compose music for, but he's been employed at the company for 24 years. That's a really long time.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Re: Dave Wise has left Rare.

Postby Sora444 » November 29th, 2009, 8:44 am

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Newcomer

Postby Gnawzooka » November 29th, 2009, 10:45 am

Meh, I don't think it's so bad. He might get picked up somewhere where he can compose more music.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Qyzbud » November 30th, 2009, 5:09 pm

It's interesting news, but I'm not very affected by it. I guess it's been so long since I last paid attention to music in a new Rare game. The DKC3 port to GBA which had an entirely new soundtrack was the last work of Wise's that caught my attention, and I'm glad to have it to enjoy... but I'm hoping that (as well as composing freelance) maybe he will put more of his energies into the band(s) he's in. It would be awesome to hear his unique atmosphere and brilliant melodies outside of a video game context.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Yure16 » December 2nd, 2009, 12:10 am

And I say: YAY, he's a freelancer now! I liked it, really. DKC2 soundtrack is beautyful. I hope to listen this sound again in other game. I was thinking: Nintendo call him to help in a SSB4 music. In SSBB, we have a "Bramble Blast" music, but is a poor arrangement of Stickerbrush Symphony. Excuse my english, hope you understand. But a SSB4 is a far dream yet...
Tourist

Return to General DKC Discussion