If YOU were to create a new DKC game

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

If YOU were to create a new DKC game

Postby Phyreburnz » June 12th, 2011, 2:12 am

I wasn't exactly sure where to put this post, so I figured it's a general DKC discussion. I just want to know, if YOU were in charge of creating a new DKC game, what would you do? What kinds of levels and characters would you have? What new things would you add, and what old things would you get rid of? Basically, what would YOUR ultimate DKC game be?

I think it would be a good for longer ideas to have spoiler tabs.

Spoiler!
I loved the darkness of the second game, and would like to take it to a new level. This game would probably be too scary for little kids XD

The new game would feature Donkey and Dixie. K. Rool has apenapped Diddy and Kiddy. With this team-up, Donkey can pick Dixie up and throw her like a baseball. After she flies far, she can go further with her helicopter spin. Dixie, however can't pick up Donkey, because he's too heavy; but if he rolls, she can run on top of him to bulldoze enemies. K. Rool would be a crazy Ringmaster that still has a bit of Barron K. Roolenstein left in him. The Barron part has created hybrid enemies. He has put crocodile heads (and other body parts) on other animals!

The first world is mostly jungle levels like the original DKC, but most of them are dark or rainy.

The second world would be mostly caves and mine cart levels. A new buddy would be introduced. The Kongs would ride on a bat named Ekko. The level would be dark, but Ekko uses eccolocation to show where enemies and obstacles (stalactites and stalagmites) are, but only for a short period.

The third world would be beaches, water, sunken ship, and deep sea levels. The deep sea levels would have glimmer. There would be glowing jellyfish enemies and other glowing creatures.

The fourth world would be castle levels. This time, there are caged monkeys and gorillas to save. The background would have cells with caged bones. Most of the enemies in this area would be skelletons of Kremlings and other baddies. The end of this world would end in the Kongs getting caged.

The fifth world would be circus themed. The Kongs were trapped by Ringmaster K. Rool. All of the Kongs are now separated. You begin this area with just Diddy. You must rescue each of the Kongs. After they are all saved, you can now pick two Kongs to fight Ringmaster K. Rool. K. Rool has lions with crocodile heads doing his bidding.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Re: If YOU were to create a new DKC game

Postby Chibisai Kong » June 13th, 2011, 4:49 am

Hm, well, oh wow, I think I'd make something similar to DK64 but toss in all the characters :)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Markster » June 29th, 2011, 4:40 pm

If i were to make a DKC game, i would make a very long and challenging game, with crazy gimmicks, 8 animal friends, and tons of extras, you may be asking how long will this game be, well its gonna be 8 chapters long, and every 2 chapters, the level amount in a chapter will increase by 1, which means in total there will be 52 levels!

----------

That's my attempt in a idea for a DKC game, i know i suck at ideas.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby SimianSegue » June 30th, 2011, 2:46 am

I would want water levels, Kremlings, the ability to switch between all 4 Kongs, online co-op, downloadable content, it to be hard, and beautiful 1080p HD graphics! Sounds great for the Wii U...
Trailblazer
Bananas received 4

Postby Phyreburnz » July 19th, 2011, 7:12 am

I got another idea for a neat game. Wouldn't it be cool to have a prehistoric Donkey Kong game? I think it would be cool to go back to Mario and Donkey. Mario as a caveman battling Donkey. And to make DK look more prehistoric, maybe give him big bottom teeth, like caveman Patrick on that one Spongebob episode. And maybe make his tie leopard print. And rather than throwing barrels, DK could throw stone wheels.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Return to General DKC Discussion