If you designed a level

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

If you designed a level

Postby Phyreburnz » October 16th, 2011, 1:41 am

What would you do if you could design your own DKC level?

Diddy and Donkey are inside a volcano that's about to erupt! The ground shakes and embers fall down, magma pools rise and fall like the tide, wouldn't that be neat? Maybe even have it timed so you have to get out before it blows! I have no idea if anybody could make that.... but I just thought of it.

I also thought it would be cool to have a level that combines the castle and lava levels in DKC2. I wouldn't have it like Toxic Tower, but more like, lava drips from the ceiling and rises through some cracks in the floor. It could maybe even heat things up to a glowing red.

If you have a nifty idea for a level, post it here! I want to hear what you guys can come up with!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Re: If you designed a level

Postby The Banana Bird » November 12th, 2011, 4:43 am

A level idea? Hows this sound?
Name: Neckys Nest
Archetype: DKC2 Bramble Levels
Music: Forest Frenzy (DKC)
Special features: LOTS of neckys and mini neckys. There should be nests were they are perched here and there on the brambles. There are going to be normal neckys that fly around shooting nuts down at you. At some points there will be vines to climb were mini neckys will fly up and down. Last thing about it? When you get to the top there will be a big open area with tons of vines, Master Necky will appear at the sides of the screen! You need to climb the vines toward him and keep jumping on his head about 5 times while tons of neckys fly across the screen! After he faints, you have won the level!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Phyreburnz » November 12th, 2011, 7:09 am

I love that idea! What about this add-on to your idea? What if you had a mission of destroying the Necky eggs in that level? You have to jump nest to nest and pick up eggs and throw them! Once you destroy the first egg, you get bombarded with Neckys.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby The Banana Bird » November 12th, 2011, 7:21 am

That sounds like a great idea also!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Return to General DKC Discussion