Chrono Classic

Talk about any games outside of DKC's scope.

Chrono Classic

Postby FefeRawft » January 22nd, 2010, 12:19 pm

I've started my epic project as of yesterday, but I will need a huge staff for this, so I am looking at every place I am a frequent poster at and will continue to until my staff is complete. That's when the planning will start.

Yesterday wrote:I need to know if anyone has played the game Chrono Trigger before. I am going to be starting a huge project based off of the game soon and I want as much help as I can get.

Here is what I'll need for a staff:
- 2-6 Beta Testers
- 2-6 Quality Testers
- Music Staff of about 2 or 3
- Graphics Staff of about 2 or 3
- Research Staff of about 4
- 1 or 2 Scripters

The ones in Blue I will take anyone for, same with the green but I would like people who are more experienced with the program Zelda Classic. The one in Purple I only want people who know their way around ZC. The one in red I want only people who have made scripts in ZC before.

I understand that probably nobody here has ever used ZC before, but you can still be testers or on the music staff.

Game Basics:

The game will be run in Zelda Classic 2.5, which is a more advanced replica of the engine used to program the original Zelda. Because this wasn't created to make Chrono Trigger, many features will be taken out or changed. Since it won't be a replica of CT, I won't call it Chrono Trigger Classic like originally planned, it will just be called Chrono Classic. Though there are many limits, I will keep the same basic storyline with only minor edits to get around small problems. For bigger problems, I will use the Scripters to make some scripts to attempt to work around the problems. That will probably be the hardest of all.

Already planned edits:

For obvious reasons, there will only be one playable character because LoZ only had one, Link. The only character will be Crono. There are NPC scripts around so I will be able to have Marle follow you around until the portion of the game known as "The Trial." During cutscenes, I will have all characters around. The missing characters won't be totally forgotten because I will have certain items representing them (which you will also obtain from the said character):

-Marle: Bow and Arrow, because she uses a crossbow in game. The sprite will still remain a crossbow, as the way the bow functions, this will not be a problem.
-Lucca: Hammer, because she is frequently seen holding one.
-Frog: Masamune, or the 3rd or 4th Sword, because there is a section in Chrono Trigger where you must repair it and give it to Frog.
-Robo: Hookshot, because his arm extends. However, this character's item representative may change.
-Ayla: Power Bracelet, because she frequently comments on how strong she is.
-Magus: Undecided, but some sort of Magic Items.
-The Epoch: Ocarina, but it will warp you to different maps marked as the different times.

Today about an hour ago wrote:What was the last part you played?

Let me get into the jobs a little more:

-Beta Testers: Just test every part of the game for bugs. They also try to find any bugs by doing stuff that player's normally wouldn't do, like testing layers (example: walking behind a tree to see if you somehow walk over it.) The first person to sign up will be the head of the group. Given access to cheat codes at the beginning of the game.
-Quality Testers: Play through the betas to check if it still seems authentic and fun to play. The must give feedback after finishing a beta. They are allowed access to every beta, but only required to play certain ones. After the first few betas, they will receive the cheat codes so constantly repeating the game is not necessary.
-Music Staff: I will be the head of the music staff. The music staff must find a good MIDI of every song for Chrono Trigger. If one is not available, one must be created. Since no skill in ZC is required to make a MIDI, this position is open to anyone who has played Chrono Trigger, or immediate access to the soundtrack.
-Graphics Staff: Though I will not be the head of this group, I will still make requests, or deny tiles. The head of the staff will be in charge of organizing the tiles any creating the palette. This group is mainly open to people who have used ZC, because they know how to set up the tiles, anyone who can contribute a tileset found on the internet with the proper creator or link it was found on, will get in the credits too, but will not be counted as a member of the staff.
-Research Staff: The purpose of this staff is to find info, stats, maps, and a text dump for the game to make it as authentic as possible.
-Scripters: Though I have never written a script before, I will still be the head of the scripters to make sure things are made the way they should, and to make requests.

*Concept shots coming soon*
*Accurate list of usable items coming soon*

So far I have only one person, who has only mentioned being interested. I am not surprised I don't have a staff yet, since I have only posted this at an extremely low-traffic site yesterday. This is exactly why I am bringing it here, because my chances for a staff will be higher. About 5.1234567891011121314151617181920% higher to be exact!
Trailblazer

Return to Gaming Discussion