Future Gaming Console Discussion

Talk about any games outside of DKC's scope.

Future Gaming Console Discussion

Postby Jomingo » June 23rd, 2008, 12:31 pm

Well, me being the kind of person who always looks to the future but does nothing to get there faster, decided we need a topic to brainstorm up some cool ideas for what the gaming consoles of the future will hold. Be it some radical view of the distant future, or the successors to the present day consoles, that will be arriving in just a few short years. This is the place to discuss it.

Proceed.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Re: Future Gaming Console Discussion

Postby CM August » June 24th, 2008, 6:26 am

The PS3 and 360 hardware has reached a point where you could make a 3D Donkey Kong game that looks almost as good as the official renders. While it would be nice if Nintendo retained the incredible fun of swinging a controller around, I do hope they finally reach that level of graphic and processing power by their next system.
Jungle Explorer

Re: Future Gaming Console Discussion

Postby Jomingo » June 24th, 2008, 7:35 am

I hope so too. I think that keeping with the motion control they could still improve upon it too. I can't really think about much they could change, maybe if the pointer wasn't directly on top and more angled it would be a lot easier to point. Plus they could improve the "Channel" system a lot, and be able to customize your channels more. They could come up with something better to replace the Miis, too.

I don't know where I heard this, but Microsoft has expressed interest in using somekind of camera system, similar to the Eyetoy. This could find your controller and whichever way you move it, such as tilting and shaking it could register it in-game. Like the Sixaxis. Plus it could be used without a controller, like all the minigames on the Eyetoy. Somewhere I read about a camera like this somebody was trying to develop, and it would work just like the Eyetoy but could register things in 3 dimensions. If Microsoft did something like that then that would be the one they could use.

I hope Sony tries to change the controller up a little. They had that Boomerang controller for the PS3 that they dropped. I just hope they keep the same button layout but make the shape more comfortable.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Return to Gaming Discussion