Are Squawks, Quawks and Flapper related?

A place for discussion of storyline facts and ponderings regarding the DKC trilogy (and beyond, where relevant).
Any facets of Kong and Kremling history - or other similar topics - can be discussed here.

Are Squawks, Quawks and Flapper related?

Postby The Banana Bird » January 4th, 2012, 3:01 am

I have been wondering this for a while now. Whats up with these three. There is Squawks, the green parrot who shoots nuts/eggs. Flapper is the blue parrot from Parrot Chute Panic that only goes down and Quawks who can only hold barrels and he is the purple one. Are they all the same species of bird, but just weaker and in different colors? I think Flapper is a different colored bird who is a bit weaker so he floats down. Quawks can not handle holding Kongs so he (or she?) holds barrels instead. Squawks then is strong and can hold them (and not to mention a light). Are they cousins, brothers or something?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Re: Are Squawks, Quawks and Flapper related?

Postby FalsePower » January 4th, 2012, 7:51 am

Good question. I like to think they're brothers just like the bears in DKC3.
I like how Squawks was technically in DKC but had a different purpose.
Maybe you could find a Donkey Kong wiki out there that would tell you the background of all characters.
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby The Banana Bird » January 4th, 2012, 8:38 am

I could, but Quawks and Flapper usually have really nothing said about them on wikis.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby FalsePower » January 4th, 2012, 9:11 am

^ A simple google search of "Quawks the Parrot" revealed this (the third result down):
http://donkeykong.wikia.com/wiki/Quawks_the_Parrot
Family - Squawks (possibly)

That's probably the most info you'll find on him unless a new game includes him someday down the road.
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby The Banana Bird » February 5th, 2012, 1:53 pm

BUMP!
I have found snother theroy. They are different tropical breeds. There isin't only 1 Squawks now is there, Flapper also right? Quawks applies to that as well. The Flappers probably are unrelated, tropical breeds of Squawks. All of the Flappers must be related to eachother since they all live in that hive in Gloomy Gulch. Quawks, he is just another breed of Squawks. The 3 aren't related at all, they're just breeds. The same breed may be related for the Flapper breed.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » February 11th, 2012, 8:50 am

There is no Flapper or Squeaks. Quawks is the name Paon (or possibly Nintendo) retroactively applied to the purple parrot that appears in DKC2 and DKC3, as well as Barrel Blast. The DKU will tell you that they are all different characters, but they are not. That's what pisses me off about their fanwanks... since the Donkey Kong fandom is relatively small and obscure, they gradually become accepted as fact over time. Another example is their idea about Swanky being Donkey Kong's brother, which is not true.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Return to Storyline/Continuity