DKC3 GBA's Soundtrack

Talk about the Donkey Kong Country 3 port for GBA.

Re: The Music of DKC3 GBA - NEW STUDIO-MASTERED TRACKS FOUND

Postby Qyzbud » February 5th, 2013, 5:49 pm

TheUltimateKoopa wrote:If you've heard of GBAMusRiper, you'll know what I'm talking about, if not, it's hard to explain, but basically, it rips high quality samples from GBA games, makes a soundfont, rips MIDIs from the game, and then with BASSMIDI and the MIDI foobar plugin, allows you to hear GBA Music in really high quality.

I hadn't heard of that software/technique, but you described it well — I totally understand. :)

Pretty amazing that this can be done... so it's basically just taking what's already there in the game, and running it all through a superior sound engine, beyond what the GBA's hardware was capable of? I guess it's not too surprising that it's possible to achieve a higher quality result, as the GBA was a pretty obvious step backwards from the SPC700 sound chip present in the SNES. I would've thought the waveform samples themselves were of significantly lower quality in order to save space on those little cartridges... but apparently not!

A shame this can't be done with the DKC's I agree — especially DKC3, of course. Maybe someday GBAMusRiper will ripen further, and allow such possibilities. :P
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Re: The Music of DKC3 GBA

Postby Geno » July 23rd, 2014, 9:51 am

Sorry for the huge bump, but this has been bugging me

TheUltimateKoopa wrote:as heard in the GSF rips

Where could I find said GSF rips?
I can only get GSFs for the first DKC GBA, the other two are no where to be found.

And I've spent hours searching for them!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Re: DKC3 GBA's Soundtrack

Postby CountryFan » July 23rd, 2014, 10:04 pm

Last edited by Qyzbud on July 23rd, 2014, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed links (square brackets in URLs are problematic; please avoid them, or use 'percent-encoding' where necessary)
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 23

Postby Geno » July 24th, 2014, 12:53 pm

Thanks so much! :dixiehappy: :thumbs: :diddywink:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Re: The Music of DKC3 GBA - NEW STUDIO-MASTERED TRACKS FOUND

Postby Tailikku » October 31st, 2014, 3:02 am

Qyzbud wrote:
TheUltimateKoopa wrote:If you've heard of GBAMusRiper, you'll know what I'm talking about, if not, it's hard to explain, but basically, it rips high quality samples from GBA games, makes a soundfont, rips MIDIs from the game, and then with BASSMIDI and the MIDI foobar plugin, allows you to hear GBA Music in really high quality.

I hadn't heard of that software/technique, but you described it well — I totally understand. :)

Pretty amazing that this can be done... so it's basically just taking what's already there in the game, and running it all through a superior sound engine, beyond what the GBA's hardware was capable of? I guess it's not too surprising that it's possible to achieve a higher quality result, as the GBA was a pretty obvious step backwards from the SPC700 sound chip present in the SNES. I would've thought the waveform samples themselves were of significantly lower quality in order to save space on those little cartridges... but apparently not!

A shame this can't be done with the DKC's I agree — especially DKC3, of course. Maybe someday GBAMusRiper will ripen further, and allow such possibilities. :P

I myself have used it to rip theusic from Aladdin (Capcom replaced both of Alan Menken's songs with original music) and Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas Pumpkin King (TOSE did a good job adapting Danny Elfman's score)
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby WesternTanager794 » November 20th, 2022, 4:24 am

I actually think that the GBA soundtrack is better than the original by Eveline Novakovic? What does everyone else think? :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » November 20th, 2022, 4:22 pm

I like the original best.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » November 21st, 2022, 5:24 am

Thanks for your opinion, super Luigi! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » November 21st, 2022, 10:31 am

Tim Stamper released these tracks to the public! Amazing! :thumbs: Great find Qyzbud! :parry:

Edit: I saw that it was an anonymous RARE employee! Whoever did it, it was really appreciated!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Previous

Return to DKC3 Port (GBA)