The General Questions Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

The General Questions thread

Postby Jomingo » May 2nd, 2009, 11:02 am

OK, it's about time I started this thread. This is the thread for Stupid Questions N00bs should be embarassed they have to ask. Everybody comes accross something they can't understand once in a while, but instead of going off topic to ask the question, it can be asked here where all the members that know the answer can help out the new members in a shame free environment. Also, don't post hypothetical questions like, "What if Diddy Kong starred in a First person shooter?", or storyline questions that are essentially theory based and that no one person knows the answer to.

I started this because of some ridiculous offtopic questions brought up in the Mr. X topic.

Here are some exerts from the topic that I couldn't stand not answering:
Katastrophe Kong wrote:Pardon me, newb here; what is scribes? :|

Rodent wrote:It's a thing where Rare answers questions on their site.

Katastrophe Kong wrote:Okey doke :D Has anyone ever gotten a straight forward answer or any kind of answer?

Okay..... some brief information on scribes seems necessary. Scribes is Rare's letter section. People email letters asking questions. Leigh Loveday, writer for numerous Rare games, answers some of the questions(with the help of various Rare employees needed to answer the question in particular). There is usually good information, but it is spread between humorous sarcastic non-answers, so you're never guaranteed to get the answer you're looking for. Yes, they is a chance of your letter getting answered, it's not like a very rare occasion. I have gotten one of my letters answered before, Tiptup has, and I'm sure several other frequent Atlas goers have.

Rodent wrote:If someone can find the email address, we'll all try ask it.

Katastrophe Kong wrote:I was thinking, even if someone did find the Scribes email adress and sent them an email, do you really think they'd tell about Mr.X? Rare was sold to Microsoft, so their not allowed to use Donkey Kong, would they be allowed to talk about Donkey Kong either?

It's not like the Email is kept secret, you can get it right off of Rare's website. But for those who aren't good at digging more than one page past the home page, here it is: editor@rareware.com
Also, it's not like Rare is sworn to secrecy regarding anything Donkey Kong related. They created the current series almost from scratch, if there is any secret information they know it, not Nintendo. If Rare even remembers who Mr. X is then I don't see why they would keep that information secret from someone who asked. If you can't get an answer it would be more likely that they just don't even know what you're talking about...

FefeRawft wrote:"Stop n' Swop"?

Pun on Stop & Shop?

What is this?

Whew... boy needs to do some learnin'. Here's an article from Rare-extreme I just googled in under 5 seconds.
Shortened answer: Stop N Swop was a feature planned for Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie that would somehow link the two games to transfer specific items from one game to the other to unlock secret content, but was cancelled and tons of rumors/controversy have centered around it ever since...

There, now if anyone has any offtopic questions they don't understand, they can post them here, thus ending the era of ridiculous questions derailing innocent topics...
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Return to Anything Goes