Sports?

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Sports?

Postby nickp17 » March 9th, 2008, 7:01 am

Me again with another pointless post but I would love to get a good feel for everyone here. (no pun intended ;) )

Anyone in here have a athletic background?

I played basketball for a few years in elementary school but lacked commitment for a highschool team. Thats about it for me. I always wanted to pursue baseball but never got around to it.
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Re: Sports?

Postby cfh » March 9th, 2008, 7:34 am

I used to play soccer, baseball, and basketball after school, and had swimming lessons. Couldn't stand any of it, except for maybe basketball. Now I play squash on the weekends and go to ski places 1 or 2 (or this year 3) times a year, and bike ride in the summer, all of which I enjoy.
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Tiptup Jr. » March 9th, 2008, 8:37 am

I'm always the odd one out when it comes to athletic competitions. I'm one of the skinniest people in my school and I'm not strong at all. I played baseball five years ago, but I hated it and never participated in sports again.

I don't get sports. They're stupid. Sorry.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby nickp17 » March 9th, 2008, 9:31 am

I'm a skinny boy too . :(
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Postby cfh » March 9th, 2008, 9:34 am

LOL at the fact I'm the most athletic person in this thread so far :lol:
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby nickp17 » March 9th, 2008, 9:35 am

I was pretty good, dont get me wrong cfh.

You're just a versatile BEAST.

I skateboard now. ;)
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Postby Kowbrainz » March 9th, 2008, 12:06 pm

Rowing. 8-)

It's the only sport. You can't call anything tough until you've tonne a 2 kilometer row on an ergometer... Mmm.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Qyzbud » March 10th, 2008, 12:26 am

cfh is a beast.

As for me, I play indoor soccer. I've played a lot of tennis in the past, tried cricket but didn't like it... I used to get many 1st places on sports days back in my high school years, but that's pretty much it. I'm glad nobody's mentioned chess yet. Chess is not a sport.

I just got home from our indoor soccer grand final half an hour ago... It's funny, I play twice a week for separate teams, and I've missed the last eight or so matches with my Sunday night team... Apparently they didn't win a single match while I hadn't been playing, but I played with them against the league's top team (who we've only won against once before, out of probably 10 games vs. them) last week, and we won in a nail biter after extra time, golden goal and a neck and neck penalty shoot out tie-breaker. I scored our winning goal. :D Tonight's game (grand finals) was against a slightly lesser team, and we won again, 5-7 or so.

The only sport I like more than soccer is hacky sack.

Tiptup, what I don't get is watching sport. Playing sport is worthwhile, but watching professional athletes feels stupid to me. However I do enjoy watching people play video games, so I kind of contradict my own logic there, just a little.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby cfh » March 10th, 2008, 12:49 am

Oh yeah, forgot tennis. I play that a bit in the summer, but I don't like it much.
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby nickp17 » March 10th, 2008, 5:02 am

I enjoy tennis.
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Postby Diddy » April 15th, 2008, 2:19 pm

I am going to do Cross Country soon.
Diddy