DKC2 Unveiled (5.2 Update Released!)

Share and discuss DKC ROM hacks

DKC2 Unveiled (5.2 Update Released!)

Postby emptysys » November 3rd, 2017, 7:55 am

Hey there! I'm emptysys or empty for short.
This is my Romhack: DKC2 Unveiled

Note: Anyone that wants to get 102% on this, keep in mind that the number of Bonuses per level is the same as in the original game!
The "!" and "DK" behind level names works the same way as in the original game. So good luck hunting for Bonuses and DK coins!

Difficulty: Hard
This hack definitely is designed to be played by Advanced players. It's not Kaizo though. Play at your own risk. :bleak:
I'm trying my best to adjust the difficulty accordingly and have balanced it over and over many times, thanks to all the feedback.

New Levels
New Bonuses (102%)
New Colors
New Text (New level names, new Swanky quiz and new hints from Wrinkly and Cranky!)
Modified Bossfights
Color Cheat Code

World 1 + Bonuses [✓]
World 2 + Bonuses [✓]
World 3 + Bonuses [✓]
World 4 + Bonuses [✓]
World 5 + Bonuses [✓]
World 6 Work in progress
World 7 Work in progress
World 8

Note: Updates are gonna be released in this exact order!

[NEW TRAILER] W5 Update Trailer

[PLAYLIST] Unveiled Independant Level Speedrun Strats [Any%]

Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image

http://www.mediafire.com/file/22vxroei68yb1k4/DKC2+Unveiled+Demo+Ver.+5.2+-+DKC+Atlas.rar

The Download Link includes an ips patch for the romhack (has to be patched on a 1.0 U rom)
Also includes a readme file for additional info and a Changelog file to keep everyone up to date.

Thanks to my good buddy Fred from the GnG community for all the great coding he does for this game!
Shoutouts to all of the DKC Community, DKC Atlas and the DKC Science Discord for all the help and feedback! I really appreciate it!

If there are any questions or anything you want to tell me , it would be best to hit me up on my Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/emptysys
as I should be online there all the time. But PM's on DKC Atlas will also do , if you don't have a Twitch account.

Have Fun playing everyone! :thumbs:
Newcomer
Bananas received 7

Re: DKC2 Unveiled

Postby OneOf99 » November 3rd, 2017, 8:09 am

This looks really cool! Glad you were able to make it onto the forum :dixiehappy: Perhaps I'll stream this sometime...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Super Luigi! » November 4th, 2017, 1:43 am

This is quite amazing, emptysys, and welcome to the forums! Not only have you created an incredible hack so far, you've also managed to somehow register on the DKC Atlas! Truly, you are amazing, so I'm sure your life will be too!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 208

Postby emptysys » November 4th, 2017, 2:25 am

OneOf99 wrote:This looks really cool! Glad you were able to make it onto the forum :dixiehappy: Perhaps I'll stream this sometime...

Thanks a lot :dk-tf: I'd love to watch you play it so hit me up if you should be playing it :mrgreen:

Super Luigi! wrote:This is quite amazing, emptysys, and welcome to the forums! Not only have you created an incredible hack so far, you've also managed to somehow register on the DKC Atlas! Truly, you are amazing, so I'm sure your life will be too!

Yea, the gods have somehow granted me access to an account :)
Thanks for all the kind words, really appreciate it. Also feel free to hit me up for feedback anytime if you were playing it :)
Newcomer
Bananas received 7

Re: DKC2 Unveiled (3.1 Update Released!)

Postby emptysys » February 2nd, 2018, 5:14 am

Hey Guys!
About a week ago I released my latest Update, so I decided to update this thread as well :)

New Download Link and Trailer Video as well as some new screenshots are now updated on this thread, enjoy!
Newcomer
Bananas received 7

Re: DKC2 Unveiled (3.1 Update Released!)

Postby Super Luigi! » February 3rd, 2018, 9:11 am

Thanks for the update, emptysys. I won't play this immediately, but I'll definitely keep it in mind. Please take care and continue to succeed! :banana:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 208

Re: DKC2 Unveiled (4.1 Update Released!)

Postby emptysys » July 29th, 2018, 10:33 am

What's up people, quick bump, letting you know this has been released once again!
Full World 4 Update, no Trailer this time to not spoil too much.

This already is the 4.1 Update I posted here (not 4.0) because I released this update earlier to have my people playtest it. This might not be the definitive version of the World 4 Update but I wanted to give you guys the chance to download this too.
I managed to already fix a lot and rebalance some parts that were too unfair or not reasonable.

Updated some of the screenshots and information on what's new. Hope you all are having a blast with it.
Also Careful, I upped the difficulty quite a bit this time :)
Newcomer
Bananas received 7

Re: DKC2 Unveiled (4.4 Update Released!)

Postby emptysys » August 18th, 2018, 7:09 am

Announcing: 4.4 - The Colorful Update!

Hold down the L, R and/or Select Buttons in any combination while selecting a file to gain access to 1 of 7 new colors for the Kongs!

Newcomer
Bananas received 7

Postby Super Luigi! » August 18th, 2018, 8:57 am

This is definitely interesting, emptysys. Even if I never play your project, I still wish you the best.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 208

Postby emptysys » August 18th, 2018, 10:11 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:This is definitely interesting, emptysys. Even if I never play your project, I still wish you the best.

hah, thanks for the kind words. No need to force yourself to play it, if you don't want to, I appreciate the support! :dk-tf:
Newcomer
Bananas received 7

Re: DKC2 Unveiled (5.0 Update Released!)

Postby emptysys » January 19th, 2019, 5:22 am

Here we go again! World 5 Update is now out. Full World 5 with all new levels and all of its bonuses, new colors and kong text included!
I changed one of the Kong Colors in the selection, the new one looks much better in my opinion.
Also new reworked levels in World 2 and 3 and a lot of reworked bonus levels.
On top of that, 2-3 , 4-5 and 4-6 now have custom code added to them that allows you to Start Select out of them before you have beaten them!

Watch the newest Trailer I put up, to get a good glimpse at what it's about! Have fun everyone!
Newcomer
Bananas received 7

Re: DKC2 Unveiled (5.0 Update Released!)

Postby Super Luigi! » January 19th, 2019, 7:48 am

Well done once more, dear emptysys. You truly are creating a masterpiece of greatness. Please continue to succeed greatly and be a hero to children everywhere.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 208

Re: DKC2 Unveiled (5.1 Update Released!)

Postby PegasusMan » January 21st, 2019, 12:44 am

Hey, emptysys! I love what you're doing, it amazes me, to be frank! I'd love to try it out, however I believe I'm having an issue with the way I am running the romhack. Does it make sense for me to run this hack through Snes9x Gx (a port of Snes9x to the Wii)? I realize it is supposed to run through Snes9x, the PC emulator, but I'd much rather play it through my Wii than my PC. Do you (or anyone else) know if this is possible?

Once again, keep up the outstanding work! I can't wait to try this out! :thumbs: :banana:

EDIT: I got it to work! :kiddywin: I believe I was using an incorrect version of DKC2 (namely, V1.1), when I was supposed to be using V1.0. Funny thing is, the websites I downloaded the roms from said they were V1.0, when in fact they weren't. Trial and error eventually lead me to find a V1.0 rom, and now it works! Either that is the reason for my troubles, or I somehow patched the .ips file incorrectly (but this is most likely not the case since it now works)...

After playing the first stage, I can tell I'll have tons of fun with this; thanks again, emptysys, for creating this hack!
Previously "Donkey Kong Fan"
Bananas received 8

Re: DKC2 Unveiled (5.1 Update Released!)

Postby emptysys » January 27th, 2019, 2:12 am

Hey Pegasus! Thanks for the kind words, glad you got it to work! Have fun with the game and all of it's little secrets!
Newcomer
Bananas received 7

Return to ROM Hacks