Virtual Boy opinions (heated, off-topic debate)

Where dead topics hang out.

Virtual Boy opinions (heated, off-topic debate)

Postby Jomingo » September 10th, 2008, 6:20 am

Conversation removed from Smash Bros. 4: What do you want/expect?

Jomingo wrote:An 8-bit Pacman stage would work, and I'm not really sure why you would think it wouldn't. Also, I agree that Bowser's Castle should be a stage. Also, on a DKU feature they suggested making "Mr. Virtual Boy", a character created to model the VB games in the same way Game and Watch does. I would definately want that, as I've never really had a chance to play the VB.

CaptainEddie wrote:Trust me, you don't want to. It was crap. It also hurts your eyes. I would like Mewtwo back in Smash 4. Screw Lucario.

Have you ever even played a Virtual boy? Because everybody complains about it hurting there eyes, but they've never even played it. It gets annoying when people act like something is a piece of crap just because someone else said so.
Somebody a while ago used the example of 12 year olds talking about how terrible E. T. was when they've never even seen a 2600.

Anyway, from what I've heard the Virtual Boy was a very revolutionary console with a few great games(even though there were only like 9 total), and if I ever see one for sale for a reasonable price I'll buy it in a heartbeat. The thing about it hurting your eyes is apparantly extremely exagerated most of the time.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Re: Smash Bros. 4: What do you want/expect?

Postby The Angry Sun » September 10th, 2008, 6:23 am

You should Thank God you haven't.
If you've seen the AVGN VB review.
They were nthing but Red & Black.

No colors. No Blue,Green,Orange.

Red & Black.

You would honestly love to see this?

There's a reason that system was only sold for 1 year.

And as Captain Eddie said it hurts your eyes.
And it only had what? 15 games?
Trainee Trekker

Postby Sean » September 10th, 2008, 6:26 am

CaptainEddie, you were one when the Virtual Boy came out. I highly, highly doubt you have ever even laid eyes on one, let alone played it. I was six years old and a massive Nintendo fan, and I didn't even get to play it. So I doubt you have any position to say on the quality of the system or whether it should be referenced, outside of quoting the industry line.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Jomingo » September 10th, 2008, 6:37 am

Jesus, Angry Sun, did you even read my post!

Firstly, I know that it's red and black, that's the whole effing point of the system! Do you think I'd be talking so enviously of it if I didn't even know what it was!?!

Second, if you'd read my post you'd know that you shouldn't stake you opinion so much in what other people say, especially when you haven't even seen a Virtual boy in your whole god damn life! Who the f--- cares about a damn review, play it for yourself before you try to tell other people what to think!

Last, it sold for more like 1 month and only had like 9 games, which just goes to show how you should actually know what you're talking about or else your argument turns to crap.

And by the way, yes I'd love to play Mario's Tennis, it looks kickass. Just because it's red and black doesn't mean it isn't good, you haven't even seen the 3D effect it creates through the lens!

And thank you Sean for having some actual sense and logic. I myself have seen one and held it in my hands, but never played it(but I'd love to sooooo badly).
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby CaptainEddie » September 10th, 2008, 7:03 am

Hey, hey , hey people. Chill out! I have played it. I went to my friends house a few years ago and he had one. He had some kind of Wario advebture game for it. Sure, the effect was pretty cool and the game itself wasn't bad, itdid hurt my eyes. Playing the game gives you that image like when you do those little magazine 3D pictures where you move the paper away from your face. It looked cool. It still hurt my eyes. After about 45 minutes, it made my eyes feel like they had been repeatedly poked.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby The Angry Sun » September 10th, 2008, 7:28 am

Jesus, Angry Sun, did you even read my post!

No, you posted before I got done with my last one in this topic.

Have you ever even played a Virtual boy? Because everybody complains about it hurting there eyes, but they've never even played it. It gets annoying when people act like something is a piece of crap just because someone else said so.
Somebody a while ago used the example of 12 year olds talking about how terrible E. T. was when they've never even seen a 2600.

No.
Thank God I didn't.
I only bought systems I knew would live on in greatness.

It's not over-exagerated at all.
That's how it actually is.
After a few hours of playing...your eyes will be burning.

Second, if you'd read my post you'd know that you shouldn't stake you opinion so much in what other people say, especially when you haven't even seen a Virtual boy in your whole god damn life! Who the f--- cares about a damn review, play it for yourself before you try to tell other people what to think!

I usually trust what people think when they actually bought it when it came out.
Like the AVGN.

He's been around since before you were born.
And if I could find one on EBay I'd love to have it just to see the
JOY OF A F---ing Virtual Boy.

I challenge you to play the Virtual Boy for more than 5 hours and NOT complain that our eyes hurt.

Last, it sold for more like 1 month and only had like 9 games, which just goes to show how you should actually know what you're talking about or else your argument turns to [naughty word that begins with the letter s].

Shows how well you know your crap.

The system had over 14 games come out in America.
19 in Japan

22 total.

Now what was that about not knowing what I'm talking about?

Hey, hey , hey people. Chill out! I have played it. I went to my friends house a few years ago and he had one. He had some kind of Wario advebture game for it. Sure, the effect was pretty cool and the game itself wasn't bad, itdid hurt my eyes. Playing the game gives you that image like when you do those little magazine 3D pictures where you move the paper away from your face. It looked cool. It still hurt my eyes. After about 45 minutes, it made my eyes feel like they had been repeatedly poked.

Yeah Jomingo.
Where's your case now?

Your right Eddie.
Chilling out.

God,

My Username lives up to my personailty.

That was Virtual Boy Wario Land you played.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Jomingo » September 10th, 2008, 10:11 am

No.
Thank God I didn't.
I only bought systems I knew would live on in greatness.

Shut the f--- up. Just because a system doesn't last a long time doesn't have anything to do with how good the system is. If something doesn't sell it doesn't mean it's bad, No More Heroes proves that, and just because something sells doesn't mean it's good at all. Like I said before, you stake your own opinion too much on what other people think, and you just proved it by essentially saying you won't buy a console unless everybody else loves it.

It's not over-exagerated at all.
That's how it actually is.
After a few hours of playing...your eyes will be burning.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW!!!!! YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED IT, SO SHUT THE f--- UP UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THE f--- YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!!!!
Jesus effing christ, you haven't even ever held a virtual boy in your hands, who the f--- are you to tell people not to buy it?

I usually trust what people think when they actually bought it when it came out.
Like the AVGN.

He's been around since before you were born.
And if I could find one on EBay I'd love to have it just to see the
JOY OF A F---ing Virtual Boy.

I challenge you to play the Virtual Boy for more than 5 hours and NOT complain that our eyes hurt.

The AVGN is a effing loser! He said that Battletoads sucked, and I effing love that game! People talk about how Donkey Kong Country sucks every day, does that mean you should believe them?
Don't believe what anyone says until you find out for yourself, because here's the thing about opinions: People don't always agree. I like one thing, you like another, so if I wrote a review saying that something sucks does that mean you should stay away from it? NO. DO WHAT YOU WANT AND DON'T LET OTHER PEOPLE TELL YOU WHAT TO THINK!!! AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, DON'T TELL OTHER PEOPLE WHAT TO THINK WHEN YOU HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED IT!!!!!!

Yeah Jomingo.
Where's your case now?

Your right Eddie.
Chilling out.

What do you mean? The entire argument right now is between you and me, I'm not talking to or about Eddie, so what the f--- does that have to do with my case?

Listen to me angry sun, this whole argument is because you want to tell me what I should or shouldn't buy based on someone else's opinion. Different people like different things, so how about you try things for yourself before you dismiss it.

Also, this whole argument is off-topic, and thus every post after this better have to do with Smash Bros. 4. I mean it, start a virtual boy topic for all I care, just don't continue the argument here.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kiddy14 » September 10th, 2008, 10:35 am

Spoiler!
Jomingo wrote:Shut the f--- up.

I know I'm even more off-topic now and that you already said to continue the argument somewhere else (that's why this is inside a spoiler), but I think you're overreacting. I understand you don't agree with Sun's point of view in the Virtual Boy; but that doesn't mean you will be cussing against him (a rule), specially coming from a mod.
You can safely respond his statesments without the need of those naughty words.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Jomingo » September 10th, 2008, 10:46 am

I didn't call him any names or insult him in anyway. You on the other hand are continuing the off-topic discussion which is against the rules, and you also dissobeyed a reasonable order from a mod.

Another thing, I wrote the rules so don't tell me how to follow them. It's my job to tell people when to follow the rules not yours. Now I suggest your next post be about Super Smash bros.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Return to Post Mortuary