A hopeful Kiddy Kong and Chunky Kong return

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

A hopeful Kiddy Kong and Chunky Kong return

Postby swoopysalvo » September 10th, 2008, 6:15 am

Kiddy Kong made his debut as a star in Donkey Kong Country 3 alongside Dixie Kong. Where they rescued the missing stars from the first DKC. Chunky Kong was one of the five playable characters in Donkey Kong 64 and was the one who won the boxing match for the Kongs in DK64.

Kiddy outside of the ports appeared in the final installment of the Donkey Kong Land series and was set to appear in Donkey Kong Racing alongside fellow Kongs Donkey, Diddy, and Tiny. He wasn't mentioned mentioned in Brawl. Due to the fact the makers of Brawl don't seem to know DKC3 exists. You would think Chunky Kong would appear alongside Lanky and Tiny in Barrel Blast as he got the same playable treatment in the game all three of them debuted in. Alot of people assumed that when Lanky was confirmed in a screenshot we would get Chunky. Atleast he was a sticker in Brawl that only Diddy and Donkey could use. His trusted pineapple launcher appeared in Barrel Blast over the other firearms.

I think that they should both reappear. Chunky if not starring in a new game should appear in those Barrel Blast like games with Tiny and Lanky. Kiddy Kong being a main eventer Kong in the DKC series should be given big role in a new DK game. If not that then atleast make them visable in the intro and ending like Dixie is to games like Jungle Climber.

Also I'd rather Kiddy Kong redesigned not to look like a toddler anymore and keep him smaller then DK while Chunky should have little to nothing changed about him.

Discuss.
Tourist

Re: A hopeful Kiddy Kong and Chunky Kong return

Postby Swing King » September 10th, 2008, 9:14 am

If they do reappear, Kiddy needs to look like a combination of DK Jr. and Baby DK with his old look somewhat remaining. They could even make Kiddy seem small but, say you are in a boss battle in the next DK game, and a cutscene shows Kiddy crawling toward the boss and pick him up and throw him around even though he looks so innocent.

And I realy liked Chunky, but he didn't appear very muscular. Maybe make him a little chubbier.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby swoopysalvo » September 11th, 2008, 9:32 am

The thing about Kiddy Kong is that he was the youngest of the Kongs and a toddler in DKC3. He just didn't seem babyish compared to characters like Baby Mario. He walked normal instead of crawling or stumbling like a baby. And he never really cried he just got angry and threw a fit. He was also capable of leading through a level. A baby character such as Baby Mario and even baby Donkey Kong was dependant on things such as being carried and cried helplessly while in a bubble. With that I doubt he'll be given baby like qualites if redesigned atleast I don't think he should because he wasn't really a baby in the first place.
Tourist

Postby Kiddy14 » September 11th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I agree, Kiddy is not like any baby; he can take care of himself pretty well! Being strong and big makes him a difficult obstacle, and he knows (well, probably not :roll: )
I'm too expecting a Kiddy Kong revival. Though I doubt it'll happen; I hope so it does, and I know it's possible, but I'm not 100% sure.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby swoopysalvo » September 12th, 2008, 9:46 am

I'm sure he will. He has to. It's hard to ignore the fourth main eventer Kong in the DKC series. DKC3 and DK64 sold millions and are some of the most memorable Super Nintendo/Nintendo 64 games. With Chunky it's hard to have Lanky and Tiny in a game without wondering where Chunky is at.
Tourist

Postby Swing King » September 16th, 2008, 7:35 am

Kiddy needs to return, and when he does, I don't want him aged. Chunky also must return.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby DKCFan188 » February 8th, 2012, 1:07 pm

I really hope they return as well. I miss them, they are both great!
Trainee Trekker

Return to General DKC Discussion