How YOU can help the DKC Atlas project - task lists within!

Feedback, suggestions and content submissions for the DKC Atlas website and forum can be posted here.

How you can help the DKC Atlas project...

Postby Qyzbud » March 2nd, 2008, 1:13 pm

Lots of you have expressed interest in helping with the development of DKC Atlas, which is great, as there's lots to be done!

This topic is to help me keep track of what needs to be done to develop and improve both the Atlas (website) and this forum, and to help organise anyone who might be able to help. If you think you would be able to lend a hand with any of these tasks, please post here!

Please don't submit actual content suggestions here; there are (or will soon be) topics available for that.
Spoiler!
Here are a few topic for content submissions:
Level summaries
Gameplay challenges
PAR codes (for DKC trilogy)

For glitch submissions, please start a new topic for each glitch: DKC Glitch board, DKC2 Glitch board, DKC3 Glitch board.

Soon I hope to have the site and forum integrated completely, so this topic will serve as a discussion of this integration, as well as every other aspect of the DKC Atlas project; including the level mapping project, the DKC2 and DKC3 Atlases, community articles and reviews, and the promotion of Atlas-sponsored projects (such as the DKC Level Builder and Resource Editor).

DKC Atlas Website To-Do List:
  1. TOP PRIORITY: Fix critical IE issue (discussed here)
  2. Improve general IE formatting issues
  3. Add hacking documents (ASM addresses, etc) - may need advice from Simion32, RaccoonSam, Mattrizzle and other hackmeisters
  4. Factfiles: determine style and write content
  5. Provide 'at a glance' info for remaining levels
  6. Write up all known glitches, improve info & presentation
  7. Fill out Level Info pages with summaries, snapshots, challenges, etc.
  8. Add media to the Resources section
  9. Integrate aspects of forum, such as the updates as a forum topic, 'recently discussed' info, forum member count, etc.
    Many more tasks will be added to this list as soon as possible...

How you can help the site:
  • Browse the Atlas, and check each page for errors/bugs/typos (especially following each update)
  • Suggest anything that you think would improve the usefulness/appearance/content of the site
  • Report any tricks/glitches/codes etc. that haven't been mentioned already on the Atlas/forum
    (more suggestions coming soon)

DKC Atlas Forum To-Do List:
  1. Integrate forum with site
  2. Organise user 'skill groups' (see below)
  3. Create DKC-relevant smilies, post icons, topic icons, buttons, etc.
  4. Start new topics for discussion of DKC trilogy soundtracks
  5. Update first posts of project and 'collection' topics
    More goals will be added to this list as soon as possible...
How you can help the forum:
  • Submit any design ideas for DKC-styled forum buttons, icons, smilies, promo banners etc.
  • Link to us where appropriate, and invite fellow DKC fans to visit the Atlas and join the community
  • Take part in DKC-related conversations and start new topics if you have something new to discuss
    (more suggestions coming soon)

Do you have any advanced skills or knowledge that could benefit the development of DKC Atlas?
(eg. knowledge of PHP, JavaScript, SQL Databases, ROM Hacking, Programming, Level Layouts, DKC Universe, Writing, Graphic Design, etc...)

If you think you have skills/knowledge to offer, and would like to help DKC Atlas, head over to the User Groups topic and let us know. :)

Here's to the future of DKC Atlas!

Cheers,
Qyzbud
Last edited by Qyzbud on August 28th, 2008, 12:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Added content submission links, updated task lists, tidied formatting a little
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

How YOU can help the DKC Atlas project - task lists within!

Postby nickp17 » March 2nd, 2008, 1:55 pm

I would gladley take an assignment to help this website in any way I can.

Whether it be providing screenshots or just whatever is needed done.

Thank you.
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Re: My offer

Postby Qyzbud » March 2nd, 2008, 2:24 pm

Thanks a lot, I have turned this into a general Who wants to help? thread.

As you can see, there's an awful lot needing to be done. Your offer is highly appreciated, and I'll be sure to let you know what you can help with once I've got to a point where I'm ready to delegate a few tasks.

By the way, welcome to DKC Atlas Forum; it's good to have a new member - why not introduce yourself?
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby nickp17 » March 2nd, 2008, 2:28 pm

Well thank you very much.

Just let me know. I truley admire what you're doing here with this website. The DK series has been a big part of my childhood and a unforgetable experience to say the least.

I will go to that thread now.
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Postby Kowbrainz » March 2nd, 2008, 3:17 pm

Mm... I could probably help out a bit too in that case. Even though I probably should be studying a bit more instead, DKC seems like a top priority to me. :P :lol:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby nickp17 » March 2nd, 2008, 3:19 pm

A little off subject but I'm subscribed to you on youtube I do believe.
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Postby Kowbrainz » March 2nd, 2008, 3:50 pm

Pah, to my shoddy account with mediocre "speed runs"? :P

Mmm... I haven't really uploaded any DKC stuff for a while, but I started going through the series again recently and thought it might be good to record some runs... perhaps even advertise the site as I go.

Now that I can do. :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Jomingo » March 3rd, 2008, 5:01 am

If you want to help, it might be useful to list all your skills at doing computer related things, and what programs you have for doing such things. It would make it easier for Qyzbud to know what you can do.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Qyzbud » March 3rd, 2008, 10:18 am

Very good suggestion, Joe.

If you have any experience specifically with PAR code creation, ROM data extraction or PHP coding (for site & forum development) - those skills will be really handy. There are plenty of other things that can be helped with, but that's a guide to some specific stuff I may need a hand with.

Other than that, and corrections or suggestions for new stuff on DKC Atlas are what I'd appreciate the most.

Edit: One way you can all help - enter the DKC Screenshot Competition!
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Simion32 » March 4th, 2008, 1:43 pm

Qyzbud wrote:...PAR code creation, ROM data extraction...

Count me in! :D

I will eventually have to find everything in the DKC Trilogy, since I'm making the game engine for the DKC Level Builder. I may even find things no one knew about before. Once I have better knowledge of how DKC's levels work, I can check the levels to see if we missed any shortcuts. I'm particularly curious as to weather there is actually a warp in Bouncy Bonanza - that's one rumor I've had on my mind for quite awhile.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 331

Postby Jomingo » March 8th, 2008, 5:28 am

Qyzbud wrote:Very good suggestion, Joe.

It's no big deal, but people have called me Joe several times. I don't know if you are just abbreviating Jomingo, or if you really think my name is Joe. Just so you guys know, my name is Jeff, not Joe. Jomingo is not meant to be an extension of Joe, it's just a jibberish word. No big deal, just thought I'd bring it up.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Stone » March 8th, 2008, 6:24 am

If DKC Atlas is going to be a complete source for all things in and related to DKC Trilogy (and i think that's the target), I could try summarizing the German translations for level-names and those nasty in-game quotes. But I'm only familiar with DKC 1&2.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Qyzbud » March 8th, 2008, 11:30 am

Stone, you're right; that is the target of DKC Atlas. I want it to be as complete as possible... I hadn't thought that much about the alternate languages, but they are certainly part of the game, so we can brainstorm a good way to include that info without making the site's In-game Text section too large and confusing. Maybe it would be cool having just the level names, and any interesting translations Rare opted for? Such as Jungle Hijinxs / Dschungel-Fieber / Jungle Fever, for instance!

Jomingo...
Spoiler!
I was actually just copying that Rob-ert guy with the Winky avatar from DKU forum... I thought it was funny how he called you Joe Mango and stuff, no offense. I called you 'Jom' once, but I thought that was a bit odd. I like to type shorter names for people... Feels more friendly to me. But I also like to call people by a name that is based on their screen name, as that makes things less confusing for others reading the thread.

What abbreviation of Jomingo can I call you? Ought I just call you Jomingo or Jeff?
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby BlueTronic » March 8th, 2008, 11:44 am

Qyzbud wrote:Jomingo...
Spoiler!
I was actually just copying that Rob-ert guy with the Winky avatar from DKU forum... I thought it was funny how he called you Joe Mango and stuff, no offense. I called you 'Jom' once, but I thought that was a bit odd. I like to type shorter names for people... Feels more friendly to me. But I also like to call people by a name that is based on their screen name, as that makes things less confusing for others reading the thread.

What abbreviation of Jomingo can I call you? Ought I just call you Jomingo or Jeff?

Hahaha. Abbreviate my name next!
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Re: Who wants to help DKC Atlas?

Postby Qyzbud » March 8th, 2008, 12:17 pm

But Kong-Fu, that would imply that I want to speak to you in a friendly tone. :D

Haha, anyway... to stop this topic morphing into a names thread... I've made a names thread!
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Jomingo » March 8th, 2008, 2:20 pm

Because posting my response to your previous post in the names thread wouldn't really make sense, this will be the last name related post in this topic.
Spoiler!
Rob-burt(now known as Man-frog) is not the only one to call me Joe Mango, in fact pretty much everybody had done it once or twice over there. It was SexyUjjjay that said it first, and I believe it was Tiptup JR. who popularized it.

Done.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby nickp17 » March 8th, 2008, 2:52 pm

I don't really have any talent when it comes to this stuff. But I do believe I'm on the forum more than most. :) At least, I have something going for me, but I'm not sure how that could contribute to the site.
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Postby BlueTronic » March 8th, 2008, 2:58 pm

It gets tiring when half the time I'm online I see

WHO'S ONLINE!
Kong-Fu and 0 guests.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby nickp17 » March 8th, 2008, 3:06 pm

Really?

I'm on here most of the time.
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Postby Qyzbud » March 8th, 2008, 3:23 pm

Well Nick, you've been thinking up interesting topics, and posting insightful comments, which makes the forum much better, so cheers. That's always helpful. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby nickp17 » March 8th, 2008, 3:27 pm

:D

I plan on staying here for a long time.

I'll contribute to the best of my abilities, even if it is just showing off my crazy insightful mind :D

Spoiler!
Just kidding ;)
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Postby BlueTronic » March 8th, 2008, 3:29 pm

Same here! :mrgreen:

Spoiler!
Not kidding :P
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Stone » March 9th, 2008, 3:12 am

Qyzbud wrote:any interesting translations Rare opted for?

I hope i got this right.
I don't think Rare thought about translations when they were making the game (content-wise).
I've read an interesting interview with an former Nintendo Germany employe (his name's Claud M. Moyse), who was responsible for the german translation of "Secret of Mana". He said that he had to fly to Japan to translate it there, but all they got was the japanese text and he couldn't speak any japanese :D .
All he could do was playing the game and trying to imagine what the people in the game talk about. The only advice the people at Square gave him was "Make it funny!". He wrote down his ideas on paper, until an Square employe gave him a special kind of console, which would be able to write text directly into the game. Another few days later they managed to get something like an english script from Nintendo USA, but as he had changed many dialoges already, it was a bit difficult to tell where the right places of those dialoges were. In the end, the translation was funny, but many hardcore-RPG-player didn't find it that funny (some people even hate him for this unworthy, unepic translation).
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby cfh » March 9th, 2008, 5:10 am

Wow... that's crazy! For a game like that, how could they be so loose about translation?
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Stone » March 9th, 2008, 5:23 am

That's a really good question but I was fine with that translation. The Nintendo boys in USA often changed things in games like japanese culture or nudity etc. on purpose, so i don't know how good the german translation is compared to other translations.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Tiptup Jr. » March 9th, 2008, 9:04 am

I've noticed that partial nudity is alot more acceptable in Japan than it is in other places of the world. Huh.

Qyzbud, I would be more than happy to type the character biography sections and/or the Kong Family relations page. I've always wanted to do something like that. :D
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Qyzbud » March 9th, 2008, 2:40 pm

Tiptup Jr. wrote:Qyzbud, I would be more than happy to type the character biography sections and/or the Kong Family relations page. I've always wanted to do something like that. :D

Thanks for the offer, Tiptup! That would be very helpful. I'll be in touch with you soonish so that we can discuss how to do this.

Cody wrote:Qyzbud: If you're interested, I can provide crystal-clear, non-emulated soundtrack MP3s of the Donkey Kong Country trilogy.

Thanks for the offer, Cody! That would be very helpful. I'll be in touch with you soonish so that we can discuss how to do this.

What? Was the copy/paste approach to impersonal? :P

Thank you guys, both offers are much appreciated, and would be mighty helpful. I'm working on an update myself right now, but hopefully I'll get a chance to talk in a bit more detail over the next couple of days. Cheers. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kowbrainz » March 9th, 2008, 3:03 pm

Qyzbud wrote:
Tiptup Jr. wrote:Qyzbud, I would be more than happy to type the character biography sections and/or the Kong Family relations page. I've always wanted to do something like that. :D

Thanks for the offer, Tiptup! That would be very helpful. I'll be in touch with you soonish so that we can discuss how to do this.

Ooh, ooh, I was just thinking of this sort of thing today after going through the Mainsite and looking through all those links... :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Cody » August 3rd, 2008, 10:57 am

Unfortunately, I'll continue to have severely limited internet usage until August 20th, so I'll be honored and happy to help out with the site and forum as needed after then. Not necessarily as a moderator, but just as someone who has potential to benefit the site in more ways than one. :mrgreen:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby BlueTronic » August 5th, 2008, 12:28 am

I CAN DO GLITCHEZ!!!!1

Qyz says: This inane post prompted a series of inane replies, which are spoilered below for the sanity of innocent forum-goers...
Spoiler!
by Qyzbud on Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:04 am
My, you are useful! :?

I had better post my mission list here soon. You may be able to do more than just GLITCHEZ!!!!1 (we can only hope)
--

by Tiptup Jr. on Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:35 am
I am honestly questioning my ability to accomplish anything useful in this world.

I started a DK and Diddy biography, but I haven't really worked on them for months. They should be done by 2015, but until then... have fun with your GLITCHEZ!!1!!!11111!1one!!!1!
--

by Kong-Fu on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:07 am
The I CAN DO GLITCHEZ!!!1 thing is something I heard a DKC2 remixer say on the DKC2 Project thread on OCR.
Skrypnyk wrote:I CAN DO DRUMZ!!1

--

by Jomingo on Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:36 am
I can't even do GLITCHEZ!!1!. :cry:

Anyway, I can't wait for this list thing. I like to help.

DIT: Is this good enough Kongfu?
Also, from now on we are abbreviating EDIT to DIT. Like Weblog to Blog.
--

by Kong-Fu on Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:43 am
It's "GLITCHEZ!!!1". Say it right!

:lol:
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Tiptup Jr. » August 5th, 2008, 1:35 am

I am honestly questioning my ability to accomplish anything useful in this world.

I started a DK and Diddy biography, but I haven't really worked on them for months. They should be done by 2015...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Qyzbud » August 9th, 2008, 5:00 pm

Just a note to say that I've revamped this thread with a new first post, so take a look, and see if you can lend a hand.

The lists are far from complete, but I thought it would be good to get things started. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby gamer_boy997 » August 13th, 2008, 5:27 am

I have a little trick you can add in "General Tricks":
Spoiler!
Run under blue bouncing kremlings (can be done in any level with blue bouncing kremlings, of course!)
There are many blue bouncing kremlings in Orangutan-Gang, Temple Tempest, Oil Drum Ally, etc. but these kremlings can simply be dodged be just running straight forward with Diddy Kong! Just be Diddy Kong, and run forward without stopping, you don’t need to even stop before these kremlings, because Rare made a little mistake where they jump at the right time, if you run constantly, they won’t get you. Donkey Kong can also do this, but he’s a little slower, so he has a chance of getting hit. I also found that if you’re riding Expresso, you can run under them from behind too. I don’t think you can run behind them with the Kongs though. This trick can help you achieve fast times.

You might be thinking "Well, yeah, just wait for them to jump, then go forward." However, you don't need to wait, just run without stopping.

EDIT: Are users allowed to help with challenges, mysteries, and factfiles? I have some challenges, but I looked at the list for helping, and it was for only tricks, codes, and glitches, while the challenges were on the to-do list. I'll post the challenges:
Spoiler!
Stop & Go Station: Challenge #?: Take the warp at the beginning, and complete the rest of the level without losing a Kong, or using the Stop & Go barrels. Hint: The tyres will help you a little bit.
Spoiler!
Bumble B Rumble: Challenge #?: Start the battle by going inbetween the two barrels, and staying in that section for the whole battle. Hint: You might need to move around a lot.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Re: How you can help the DKC Atlas project... (task list coming)

Postby Qyzbud » August 13th, 2008, 11:26 am

Users are welcome to submit and suggest anything they would like to see added; challenges, mysteries and factfiles included.
Edit: this topic is not for submitting content, I will be creating topics for each of these categories.

Please note that all contributions are subject to testing and editing before being put on the site.

Thanks for your submissions!
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby gamer_boy997 » August 14th, 2008, 3:50 pm

You're welcome!
Spoiler!
EDIT: Here are some more things I found.

Mysteries

Elevator Antics:

In the bonus room where you have to jump across three ropes, and jump on a ledge that you can't see, you can use an action replay to view the whole map, and all you do is enter a hole in a wall to get to the bonus level, yet, when you enter, you hear the sound as if you have entered a barrel, and entering a wall doesn't make that sound. :lol:

Tricks, (for DKC2).

Kill Krunchas with only both Kongs
In order to kill Krunchas, you usually need to throw a chest, barrel, cannon ball, etc. but there is a special way to kill Krunchas without those! All you need is both kongs to perform the "team-up" move, then throw the Kong at the Kruncha, and they will die instantly.

Windy Well

Get the red balloon and letter N without having to get past the Zingers
In this level, there is a red balloon and a letter N in the air, but if you get them by jumping, you will have to avoid the Zingers, but if you have both Kongs, you can get them without worrying about the Zingers. Use the "team-up" move, and throw the Kong at the item, you will collect the item without having to worry about the Zingers.

EDIT 2: I thought of some more things.

Challenges
Millstone Mayhem Challenge #?: Have the three Krushas at the beginning fall into the beginning "pit", and then destroy them all with a TNT barrel. Hint: Make sure they stay on screen with you, otherwise they will go back to there starting positions!

Torchlight Trouble Challenges #?: Complete Torchlight Trouble without Squawks. Hint: If you enter a bonus room, or get the halfway barrel and then die, you will end up with Squawks, so don't do either of those things.

Mysteries
Torchlight Trouble: In Torchlight Trouble, if you continue the level without Squawks, and then either enter a bonus level, or die after getting the halfway barrel, you will automatically have Squawks, Rare obviously designed one way to enter from the halfway point, or a bonus level.

Glitches
Tanked Up Trouble: Start the trek, then go to the edge of a wooden platform with Diddy, and have Diddy face the direction of the edge, then let the trek run out of fuel. When you run out of fuel, Diddy will throw his hat OFF of the edge, and jump off, and you're life balloon will pop a little earlier then usual. NOTE: I did NOT find this myself, I saw it on a YouTube video.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Kiddy14 » August 17th, 2008, 3:15 pm

I'm pretty sure that'll help :D Gathering info =)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Qyzbud » August 18th, 2008, 1:24 pm

Definitely. Having official info sources on hand is very worthwhile - thanks for the links.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Stone » August 18th, 2008, 7:36 pm

Those manuals are nice, but:
I would prefer getting a look on the players guides. Especially the german versions ;)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby gamer_boy997 » August 20th, 2008, 9:01 am

Here's some more things.
Spoiler!
Reptile Rumble Challenge #?: Pick up the very first barrel in the level, then go all the way to the two Zingers that have the 'O' letter in between them, still holding the barrel, use it defeat both Zingers. Hint: It will be MUCH easier (but still difficult) with Diddy.

EDIT: I made some changes to the first two challenges I posted. First of all, I changed the hint for Stop & Go Station, and I only put down 'losing a Kong' since I found out there is a DK barrel below the barrel that leads you out of the warp. Second, I changed the Bumble B Rumble challenge because I forgot that Queen B is invincible for one part and get easily get you, :oops: .

EDIT 2: Here are a couple of challenges, and another mystery.

Vulture Culture Challenge #?: Have the first mini-necky shoot a nut towards the right of the screen, and get as far through the level with the nut still on the screen. Go all the way to the end of the level with the nut for a super difficult challenge. Hint: If you get hit, you will be delayed, so try to avoid getting hit.

Forest Frenzy Challenge #?: Jump on to the platform with the first DK barrel, and go through the rest of the level without touching the ground, except for the ground right below the midway barrel, and the ground beyond the arrow sign. Hint: Use Diddy.

Temple Tempest Challenge #?: All of the baddies in the level, (except for the brown gnawties), appear in groups of 3. In every 'group', only defeat the middle baddie, then complete the level. Hint: Jump on top of the middle gnawty in the 'gnawty' groups, and do a cartwheel under the middle blue kremling in the 'kremling' groups.

Trick Track Trek Mystery: In the second half of the level, baddies will try to drop on the trek and get you. However, for some reason, the second Klump in the level doesn't drop. Nobody really knows why, but it was probably a mistake from Rare.

As you can see, I'm summiting lots of challenges, mysteries, tricks, etc. so I might be best in a usergroup, (and maybe the leader of the usergroup?), that summits these things for the DKC Atlas website. I do see a few of these things look a little dull though, so don't feel afraid to reject a couple of them.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » August 20th, 2008, 10:59 am

Gamerboy, I fail to see how any good can come from having leaders of usergroups. There really seems to be no point to that, in my opinion.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby gamer_boy997 » August 20th, 2008, 11:01 am

Actually Jomingo, in the usergroups in control panel, if you click on "Manage groups" it says what groups you are leading, (or it says you're not leading any groups), so I was just following the possiblities the Control Panel typically says there is. If there is anyone to say "there's no point" to, then it's Qyzbud.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Qyzbud » August 20th, 2008, 11:18 am

There's no point at this stage, perhaps. Thanks for your enthusiasm though... gamer_boy, do you think you could re-post your challenges in the newly created Challenges! topic? I don't want this topic filling up with content suggestions, it's really for coordinating/discussing who will help with what.

That would be super.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Jomingo » August 20th, 2008, 11:26 am

Gamerboy, you misunderstood me. I wasn't implying that you had come up with the idea for leaders of groups. I was merely stating that I thought they were pointless.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby gamer_boy997 » August 20th, 2008, 11:29 am

Sorry about that Jomingo.

Jomingo Says: No need to apologise, it was just a misunderstanding.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Qyzbud » August 25th, 2008, 12:55 pm

Kiddy, thanks for those level summaries you posted, but...

Qyzbud wrote:I don't want this topic filling up with content suggestions, it's really for coordinating/discussing who will help with what.

But, because I liked your summaries so much, I've started a Level Summaries topic and have shifted your posts over.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Re: How YOU can help the DKC Atlas project - task lists within!

Postby snesmaster » December 6th, 2010, 2:24 am

Hi, I just came across your site and the atlases of the games are great. I love how you can hide and show the different layers and sprites. Also having the animated sprites on the map is really kewl.

I would love to help out with this project by being assigned a map that has not been finished yet, and placing all the animated sprites in the proper position. Is there a program that just lets you drag and drop the animated sprites into place. Or do you have to type in pixel coordinates for each one?

What is the best software to set all sprite positions on the map? I have Dreamweaver CS5 and Photoshop CS5.

I hope I can be of help. This is an awesome project.
Newcomer

Return to DKC Atlas Discussion