DKC Rare(ware) Takes

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

DKC Rare(ware) Takes

Postby Kiddy14 » June 12th, 2008, 10:47 am

I don't know if this thread is already started, but since I couldn't find any, just some off-topic talking about it, I'll start it. Also, I was originally going to call it "DKC Renders", but I found myself with the images in the bottom, so I changed it to my 7th pun =D

Since I returned to the DKC series I've been looking for some "hard to find" DKC renders like these ones:

They aren't really good quality but I've never seen them anywhere before.

And, in addition, here are what I believe DKC hacks, not mapping hacks, just sprites, but worthwhile anyway:

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

And possibly, these are from the Awesome DKC hack:
ImageImageImage

After these, I found myself looking at Resident Evil 2 and 3 pictures of un-dead people, so I decided it was enough =P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Re: DKC Rare(ware) Takes

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 12th, 2008, 12:38 pm

Wow. Those are very awesome renders indeed.

And finally, a screenshot of DKC2 Candy. This has helped me greatly in ways that you Earthlings can never understand. :ugeek:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kiddy14 » June 12th, 2008, 12:49 pm

XD The screenshot is in spanish =P
You can see her working here! Altough she moves a little weird...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby CM August » June 12th, 2008, 10:25 pm

Holy hell, I have NEVER seen that first image before. That's beautiful.

It really gives you a good idea of what K. Rool's Keep looked like, beyond the tilesets used in the game. Thank you so much, Kiddy.
Jungle Explorer

Postby Goe » June 13th, 2008, 5:39 am

the image about rattly in glimer's galleon is a fake...i saw it in the "fake screenshots" topic
Goe
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » June 13th, 2008, 6:30 am

he already said they were hacks..maybe would listen to what you say if you use capitals and punctuation
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Simion32 » June 13th, 2008, 6:49 am

Wow, I've NEVER seen that render of Diddy and Dixie in the castle. Some of those hacks I've never seen before either.

Why on earth did you stop searching?! You could have at least kept the URL or the search terms (I'm assuming you used Google)... something tells me that where there are screens of the Awesome DKC Hack, there is a slight chance there is a download link nearby if those thumbnails didn't come from YouTube.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Kiddy14 » June 13th, 2008, 7:37 am

Here's the page for the Rattly in Glimmer's Galleon pic.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1924085

Here's the page for the Awesome DKC hack:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2211702

By the way, here are more:
ImageImage

And here is another one, along to its link
Image http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2052085

I don't know any japanese but yeah...

Goe wrote:the image about rattly in glimer's galleon is a fake...i saw it in the "fake screenshots" topic

It's another image... if you see...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Raccoon Sam » June 13th, 2008, 8:11 am

I have never ever seen that Castle render before..! Excellent find!
Trailblazer
Bananas received 35

Postby Stone » August 18th, 2008, 5:42 am

http://community.livejournal.com/gameca ... cg+renders

This site has some pretty good renders, each with an above-average quality.
I've just found DKC2 renders so far. But maybe there are more. ;)

Edit: Somehow Firefox automaticly removes the missing previews, so you may not click the picture. Just works with IE on my side...
Oh, I see this thread was intended for rare artwork? Mhhh. Somehow common renders in that high quality are rare, too :D
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Cyclone » August 27th, 2008, 5:24 pm

Kiddy14 wrote:I don't know if this thread is already started, but since I couldn't find any, just some off-topic talking about it, I'll start it. Also, I was originally going to call it "DKC Renders", but I found myself with the images in the bottom, so I changed it to my 7th pun =D

Since I returned to the DKC series I've been looking for some "hard to find" DKC renders like these ones:

They aren't really good quality but I've never seen them anywhere before.

Haha now I need to slap myself in the face... I was going to start a topic like this and was going to post that first render which I scanned from a guide I bought. Snooze you lose. ;)
I have a few more un-unposted artwork from DkC1 and DkC2. Just need to get around to editing the colour and stuff... Sooner or later I will post them. :)

Stone -- > thanks for the link!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Postby Kiddy14 » September 3rd, 2008, 4:00 am

Can't wait for those :D
By the way, this is interesting...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Simion32 » September 3rd, 2008, 8:40 am

*Analyzes Picture* The stage terrain does not match that of any of the extracted Jungle levels, even the ones I forgot to include. Definitely a beta shot of some boss level, or a hack.

Maybe they intended to have boss levels that had something other than the gigantic fields of bananas. That would have been quite interesting. I have a feeling that it may be a hack, though.
Spoiler!
Of course you will be able to do that with the DKCLB, but that's beside the point. :D
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Simion32 » September 11th, 2008, 9:26 am

Kiddy14 wrote:No hack... the picture is found here: (url)
Well it's not there now, and the picture is also missing from your post... conspiracy! :o

In that case, it was definitely beta material since it was on Rare's site.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Kiddy14 » September 11th, 2008, 11:49 am

There have been lots of problems with webarchive and their servers :roll: I can't get the image because of a codification error. Probably with the way they "compress" their pages.
Hopefully it'll show again.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Qyzbud » September 11th, 2008, 2:22 pm

It must be a conspiracy. Kiddy, you should have saved that picture when you had the chance!
(...of course if you had, the conspirators may have wiped your hard drive... :?)

Anyhow, was it showing a boss battle in the Jungle? How about a quick description, for those of us playing at home...

Edit: Oh, it's my first post in this topic - Kiddy, that castle scene you included at the start of this topic... Wow, cheers for that! I wonder how I've managed to never see it before... It features some interesting insight into the decor and architecture of K. Rool's Keep! It's cool to see Diddy holding a torch to light the way, too; reminds me a little of a Gloomy Gulch scene render where Diddy holds a flashlight/electric torch. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Cyclone » September 11th, 2008, 2:48 pm

Conspiracy Not. Here it is. :)
Could be a RareWare lie but I doubt it.
Attachments
dkshot4.jpg
dkshot4.jpg (12.84 KiB) Viewed 33189 times
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Postby Qyzbud » September 11th, 2008, 3:04 pm

Cheers for that. Hey, I have a thought to add; if you activate the PAR code 7E003E21, it takes you to an empty jungle area with boss music playing... I wonder if that's where the Dumb Drum battle was originally going to take place?
Attachments
empty-jungle-area.png
empty-jungle-area.png (16.81 KiB) Viewed 33182 times
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Cyclone » September 11th, 2008, 7:07 pm

I think thats a good association. It would be too much of a coincidence if the boss battle wasn't originally planned to to be played in that area. Seems like a perfect shape of a level for the Dumb Drum battle. They probably decided not to use the area because it didn't have the the same banana hoard theme the other boss battles have. Or maybe the screenshot was left over from the beginning development of the game and all boss battles were meant to to take place at the end of the worlds last level? hmm
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Postby Simion32 » September 12th, 2008, 7:54 am

Qyzbud wrote:Image
Ah, I see.... I take back what I said earlier. It's the area under the tree tops Jungle bonus in the extraction, I didn't look carefully enough.

I remember that somewhere it was said that this room was used to test the loading of boss music/code. Not sure where I read that, though.

EDIT: That area is also used for bonus levels, perhaps it was really just a test stage?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Kiddy14 » February 8th, 2009, 3:08 pm

I've just found this picture in another site...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Gnawzooka » February 8th, 2009, 3:15 pm

I can't see it. It just says 'image hosted at tripod'.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Return to General DKC Discussion