Gone but not Forgotten...

Talk about other games developed by the creators of Donkey Kong Country.

Gone but not Forgotten...

Postby Jomingo » July 29th, 2008, 10:55 am

I created this thread for the discussion and archiving of Rare's various cancelled games. I think it would be good idea to post all the existing media and screenshots for these games here before they get lost in time. I know that a few of these are Donkey Kong games, but I still think it should all be compiled here, as most of it is other Rare games.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Re: Gone but not Forgotten...

Postby Simion32 » July 29th, 2008, 11:03 am

I was looking forward to Donkey Kong racing, and it was even advertised on the Game Cube packaging.... a few years later, I found the trailer for it on YouTube. however, I saw that it was canceled, and thought "what, why would they cancel such a great game?" That was they very same day I had learned that Rare was sold to Microsoft, which made me sad/angry/etc.

Instead of an actual DK game (albeit racing) made by Rare, we ended up with Jungle Beat. I'll admit that JB was quite fun, but it just didn't live up to DKC standards.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Jomingo » July 30th, 2008, 3:19 am

I agree, DoKR is probably the saddest loss for me.

Well, I think the first thing to do is to try and list all the games we are looking for:
Donkey Kong Racing
Timber 64
Conker: Twelve Tales (Now Conker's Bad Furday)
Conker II: Getting Medeival
Diddy Kong Pilot (Now Banjo Pilot)
Donkey Kong Coconut Crackers (Now It's Mr. Pants)
Banjo Kazoomie (I know that this is just the working title for Banjo Pilot, but there is a logo somewhere that I'd like to see)
Sabreman Stampede (Formerly DoKR, but there is still some stuff around for this, including a beta video)
Battletoads GBA
Urchin

That's all I can remember.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kowbrainz » August 1st, 2008, 4:03 pm

Banjo-Pilot should have waited until the DS (even though that would mean even more years of development; it was already something like 5 or so when it came out). The early screenshots for it showed some really nice tracks with great terrain; t'was a shame they had to take these out because of the hardware limitations.

I'm sort of glad that the Battletoads GBA game wasn't released, lol; didn't look like a 'toads game at all, to be honest.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Jomingo » August 2nd, 2008, 2:14 am

I agree, I just wish Rare would bring some of the BattleToads games to the XBLA.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby SimianSegue » May 13th, 2011, 3:04 pm

Ultrabumb(again), but what about DREAM? How could you forget Project Dream
Trailblazer
Bananas received 4

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 23rd, 2012, 3:26 pm

Banjo-Treeie (which is mabey Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts? :? )
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Return to Rare Games