Mature Cartoon Contest

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Which Mature cartoon is better?

The Simpsons
27%
South Park
27%
Family Guy
18%
American Dad
No votes
King Of The Hill
14%
Futurama
14%

Total votes : 22

Mature Cartoon Contest

Postby Jomingo » June 26th, 2008, 4:38 am

Which one do you think is better?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Re: Mature Cartoon Contest

Postby Kiddy14 » June 26th, 2008, 5:38 am

I like Family Guy! But since it's just a copy of The Simpsons, I'll go with South Park =P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Jomingo » June 26th, 2008, 6:54 am

I like King of the Hill best.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby CaptainEddie » June 26th, 2008, 8:53 am

I like Futurama the best.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby DonkeyKong » July 23rd, 2008, 4:34 am

Family Guy!!! Stewie is kool
Tourist

Postby FunkyKong » July 26th, 2008, 7:02 pm

I like King of the hill the best ;)
Trainee Trekker

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 27th, 2008, 1:40 am

I like King of the Hill, and the Simpsons. The Simpsons movie is funny, and I saw this King of the Kill episode where someone trades in their kiddney to a 10-year-old boy who needs it, but instead of trading for $43,000, he trades it for a bunch of kiddy toys :lol: .
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » July 27th, 2008, 2:48 am

Yes, Dale Gribble's wierd like that. He's done way stranger things before.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kowbrainz » July 28th, 2008, 7:33 pm

Tie between the classic Simpsons episodes (up until around Season 13) and Futurama for me. Family Guy got old, and the gags on the Simpsons started going downhill, personally.

King of the Hill I never found funny, to be honest. Same with American Dad. South Park can be alright on occasions, but I've only seen a few episodes.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Jomingo » July 29th, 2008, 12:12 am

I agree with you there, the old Simpson episodes are the good ones. Futurama's pretty good, and South Park can be at times, but American Dad is just stupid. Family Guy is funny in the "I don't want to think, I just want to see ridiculous things" kind of way.

King of the Hill is not as funny most of the time, but I could watch King of the Hill longer than I could watch any of these other shows.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby DK4Ever » July 31st, 2008, 4:20 am

Oh man definitely The Simpsons.

I'll literally sit there when I've got nothing to do, and pop in one of my 10 Simpson seasons, and watch the whole thing.

I know, I'm lame, but I knows what I like. 8-)
Treasure Hunter

Postby NS Guy » September 17th, 2008, 8:30 am

Futurama is the best! Some of the jokes, most people wouldn't get, though. If you have it on DVD, try changing the language. Spanish Leela has a very deep voice, and Portugese (I think) Professor Farnsworth sounds kind of like Bender.
Tourist

Postby Gnawzooka » September 17th, 2008, 7:01 pm

Well, I used to love the simpsons, but indeed the series simply isn't as good as it used to be. There are some really funny episodes occasionally, but lately most of the gags are not even laughable. But the movie was brilliant.
Futturama is really good though. Has anyone else here seen 'Bender's Big Score'? Hilarious.
Now, family guy is hilarious, although i'll admit the humour isn't particularly intelligent. But it never fails to give me a good laugh.
American Dad is...ok I guess, but not as good as the others.
King of the Hill I don't find very funny, and the kid has an annoying voice.
South Park can be absolutely hilarious, but sometimes it's just ridiculous and/or disturbing. Gay alien sex? Seriously, no-one wants to see that, it's not funny it's just.....guh *shudders*
Did I miss anything? Oh well, all in all I don't really have a favourite.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Kiddy14 » September 18th, 2008, 5:00 am

I hate the new Simpson's voices in the Latin American dub.
They're just imitators :evil:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 18th, 2008, 11:04 pm

Ah, I wondered how they voiced foreign cartoons! So they just have completely random people read their lines in whatever language they're broadcasting, and they suck?

I'm... sorry. :(
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kiddy14 » September 19th, 2008, 9:39 am

Actually... no... Dubbing houses try the best to find voice actors for the characters. The Simpsons producers even went to the dubbing house to cast people, so basically they were chosen by the original creators.

The full story is this one:
The original dubb was done by the dubbing house Audiomaster 3000; when it closed the dubbing was held to be worked by Grabaciones y Doblajes Internacionales, that still used the same voice actors (different company, same people) and which is affiliated to the ANDA (National Actors Association by its spanish acronym). A contract with the ANDA stipulated that only voice actors affiliated to it (ANDA) could be hired by Grabaciones y Doblajes Internacionales. Before Season 16 of The Simpsons, GyDI broke the contract and couldn't get with a solution with the ANDA. So the original voice actors were fired (since they were affiliated to the ANDA) and new ones were hired.

Actually, Humberto Vélez (Homer's original voice) and Gabriel Chávez (Burns' original) started a boicot against the new dubb. They got it to the point they were told they were going to dubb the movie, which sadly, didn't happen.

Not a full list but this is the dubb actors of the Simpson Family:
* Homer Simpson: Humberto Vélez (seasons 1 to 15) / Otto Balbuena (since season 16).
* Marge Simpson: Nancy McKenzie (seasons 1 to 15) / Marina Huerta (since season 16).
* Bart Simpson: Marina Huerta (seasons 1 to 9, the again since 16) / Claudia Mota (seasons 9 to 15).
* Lisa Simpson: Patricia Acevedo (seasons 1 to 15) / Alexia Solís (since season 16).

Here's a video comparison, of course, you wouldn't get it if you don't listen to the spanish dub all the time xD
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Markster » December 18th, 2010, 9:25 am

This topic may be old, but i want to say that i like south park the most, south park is the best show of all time, and i am only 13.

EDIT : I like family guy the most now, but south park is still great, and for a bonus, my top 3 favorite, i got more but there not on this list.

3. American Dad
2. South Park
1. Family Guy
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Aaendi » April 18th, 2011, 3:22 am

I never liked King of the Hill that much. Not cartoony enough. Too much dialog, not enough visual gags.

I noticed that after the Simpsons movie they went back to the humor style that they had back in the earlier episodes. Bart became mischeivious again, and the stories became focused on Bart and his friends instead of the spotlight being on Homer the whole time.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 2

Return to Anything Goes