Different GBA DKC2 Intro

Talk about the Donkey Kong Country 2 port for GBA.

Different GBA DKC2 Intro

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 1st, 2008, 11:42 am

I play the GBA version of DKC2, and when I start it up, I end up with a screen that has dixie and diddy next to eachother, and it has a krook in the backround, and donkey kong in a cage, and it has PRESS START on it, however, I watched this video, and for the PRESS START screen, it showed dixie and diddy in the water, how did he get it to show that?
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Re: Different GBA DKC2 Intro

Postby Kiddy14 » July 1st, 2008, 12:28 pm

You must likely have the US version, you see, from what I've seen:

US version: Original SNES cartidge art (Dixie and Diddy in the Gangplank Galleon)
European Version: Original Game Boy Donkey Kong Land 2 box art (Dixie and Diddy swimming in Glimmer's Galleon)
Japanese/Asian (???) Version: Diddy and Dixie in the Swamps

???: I'm not sure if this one is used in Japanese only or also in all Asia, but I've seen a video of it, and it was in Japanese...

So you can only get another Intro Screen by playing a different version of the game.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 1st, 2008, 1:10 pm

Thanks for letting me know! I think that's probably the Japanese version, pretty odd, the nintendo logo was blue instead of red, and everything but what was written on the flags was in another language, I'm thinking japanese. Wow! He's super good at Diddy's Dash! My highest for pirate panic was 10 seconds, and 72 hunredth seconds or something, and his is 5 seconds!
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Kiddy14 » July 1st, 2008, 1:26 pm

I know, pretty odd the logo is blue.
Probably because the Nintendo logo is better known for being blue in Japan...
My Pirate Panic record is 00:12:20 :roll:

Um.. kinda off topic... but the video is a TAS, meaning he probably slowed down the game, used save states and manipulated luck. But anyway this isn't the thread for this talking, if you have any doubt PM me ;)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Return to DKC2 Port (GBA)