The Unkillable Buzzes

Talk about Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! for SNES and VC.
The GBA port can be discussed in the DKC3 Port (GBA) subforum.

The Unkillable Buzzes

Postby Kiddy14 » June 27th, 2008, 8:34 am

Is this "kind" of red Buzz different to the normal killable one?

=/
Last edited by Qyzbud on January 24th, 2013, 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Embedded YouTube clip
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Re: The Unkillable Buzzes

Postby BlueTronic » June 27th, 2008, 8:56 am

Maybe when you get in the Rocket, the game encodes you as a different object that bounces off red bees, just like it does when you turn into Rambi in DKC2.

@ 1:57 of video: Hehe. Sorry, Kiddy! :lol:
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Kiddy14 » June 27th, 2008, 9:08 am

Kong-Fu wrote:@ 1:57 of video: Hehe. Sorry, Kiddy! :lol:

I did it un purpose! D= If you notice, the starburst doesn't appear =S

Kong-Fu wrote:*deleted posts which I barely remember*

I can't switch D= The floor is too irregular to let the Kongs switch. You can in one part in the middle of the up-going part. But then you couldn't switch to Dixie.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby BlueTronic » June 27th, 2008, 9:14 am

I deleted that part because I thought I saw a platform above them, but watched it again and there wasn't one.

Whatta bout my theory?
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Kiddy14 » June 27th, 2008, 9:25 am

I'm no videogames coding expert. Nor even have a single bit of knowloadge about it.

Better wait till Simion32 comes to the thread and hopefully he'll give us a good theory =) Or maybe RaccoonSam can discover it's another kind of buzz =)

Everything is possible in video-games! =)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Simion32 » June 27th, 2008, 9:42 am

I think I know why actually. When the Kongs are in the Rocket Barrel they can still collide with stuff; they are still there but are behind the Rocket Barrel. I know this because it does exactly that when you hack the Rocket Barrel into another level. The game turns off the ability to get hurt (in Rocket Rush only, presumably this is done using a specialized object) so that you don't get hit by the Buzzes while in the rocket.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Kiddy14 » June 27th, 2008, 9:51 am

So the red buzzes are the same ones? =( I expected a new enemy. Oh well...

Seems how the game actually prevents you from getting hit is still a mistery right? When I threw Kiddy he got hit, so that may only apply to the "normal" status of the kongs.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby BlueTronic » June 27th, 2008, 9:57 am

You're invulnerble the whole time you're in the level, not just after you get out of the Rocket and while you're in it. And it's not just the Kongs, it can be an Animal Buddy, or whatever you're playing as. So Rare probably edited the physics of that level and programmed the active player to bounce off of buzzes, but forgot to apply it to the second player.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Kiddy14 » June 27th, 2008, 10:01 am

I mean "normal" status as normal gameplay. When you throw Kiddy/Dixie, I assume he/she becomes an object rather than part of "your Kongs", that's why he/she can get hit.

The mistery I'm talking about must have been triggered the same way they made Low-G Labyrinth, by changing the Kong's physics/code; I believe...

EDIT: You keep on editing your posts while I'm making mine ¬¬ ...

Nah, just kidding =P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby BlueTronic » June 27th, 2008, 10:11 am

Yeah, I edited that one, a lot. I din't usually do that. Back on topic, if you go down the chute without the rocket, the fuel drums will have blue smudges on them. I don't know why.
Attachments
donkey3_00000.png
donkey3_00000.png (59.68 KiB) Viewed 27696 times
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Kiddy14 » June 27th, 2008, 10:16 am

The fuel drums are already blue from what I remember :?

How the hell did you went down there? :o
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby BlueTronic » June 27th, 2008, 10:29 am

I never remembered them being blue and grey! Why are they blue and grey? This was my first time playing Rocket Rush on an emulator. Maybe my SNES game was a different version. But why blue and grey? that makes no sense!

Anyway, I used a PAR Code to remove the objects. The platform that blocked you from getting down then disappears. You half to wait about 5-10 seconds after you fall, then turn it off. When you turn it off you'll die, then press the rewind button to go back a bit. If you don't wait long enough before turning it off, the rewind button will take you back to the beginning and the platform will be in your way again.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Simion32 » July 11th, 2009, 10:10 am

doom1killer123 wrote:those are common.
doom1killer123. This post was completely uncalled for. You just bumped a year-old thread without providing any worthwhile discussion.

Please read over the DKC-Atlas rules. Specifically, don't bump old topics without providing worthwhile information. Also, you need to work on your grammar, as other members have stated in other threads.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Return to Donkey Kong Country 3