The Desktopic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Desktopic

Postby BlueTronic » March 7th, 2008, 9:51 am

Do you really need all those windows!? :shock:
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby cfh » March 7th, 2008, 9:51 am

Yes, and I have two more since I took that shot. And I still have 1.4 GB of RAM left :D
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Kowbrainz » March 7th, 2008, 8:56 pm

Kong-Fu wrote:Do you really need all those windows!? :shock:

Essentially why I won't dare show mine... hehe. You can barely see the background.
As for the background, 'tis the new Banjo-Kazooie christmas card from Rare's site - you can (or perhaps could... I'm not sure) download it from their site.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby nickp17 » March 8th, 2008, 2:07 am

:D
Attachments
untitled.JPG
untitled.JPG (84.64 KiB) Viewed 38297 times
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Postby Simion32 » March 8th, 2008, 9:30 am

Here's mine. 8-)

If you're wondering, that is a custom windows theme I made, so you won't be able find it anywhere. It will most likely be used for mini-windows in the DKC Level Builder's GUI. I don't want to just give away what style the GUI will be, so I used the spoiler tag. (I also noticed that putting a picture in a spoiler tag can reduce the size of your post. Interesting.)
*picture removed by me*
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby BlueTronic » March 8th, 2008, 9:39 am

BRILLIANT! For once the Windows Logo desktop are actually not a piece of crap.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Simion32 » March 8th, 2008, 9:49 am

Kong-Fu wrote:BRILLIANT! For once the Windows Logo desktop are actually not a piece of crap.

Originally it used to be green, but after getting the background (it's separate from my theme), I did a hue shift to make it fit in.

I call my theme "PhazonXP".
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Kiddy14 » June 21st, 2008, 4:16 am

Mine:
[removed by Kiddy14]

I'm really organized... but sometimes my desktop is a mess =P I finish spending 30 minutes cleaning it xD
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Simion32 » June 21st, 2008, 5:59 am

My desktop has absolutely no icons on it right now, so I'll show you all one of the backgrounds I've been using.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Kiddy14 » June 27th, 2008, 3:55 am

Kong-Fu wrote:Here's mine

So.. you're that kind of people that likes doing random figures with their icons :roll:
I finish Right-clicking and sorting the icons by name when kids to that in my school's computers xD

Sometimes, I usually found the computer I use with Pink Title bars using either Comic Sans MS or Monotype Corsiva as the font, instead of the normal Trebuchet MS. I finish having to use it since the time we have is too short, sometimes I manage to change the colors at the end of the class, but other times...

That's the only reason I like they formatted all computers and made us use the Invited account, but since my computer doesn't have the clock correct, stupid Nod32 doesn't updates... -_-
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby BlueTronic » June 27th, 2008, 4:09 am

At our school someone once changed one of the computers' desktop to a picture of crap. :roll:
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Kiddy14 » June 27th, 2008, 1:24 pm

cfh wrote:And I still have 1.4 GB of RAM left :D

If I'm correct, my PC's using 424 out of 515 MB from my RAM =P And everytime I load a new internet page or program CPU ussage goes to 55% xD
It even crashed when I tried installing Service Pack 3, supposedly because my system didn't have enough memory, and Windows might not work properly. I tried opening Firefox but told me it didn't have enough resources and I needed to close other programs, and I only had IE and the SP3 installer xD. I restarted it from the CPU button since it was completely frozen, even though it was responsive, and eventually got the install to work...
It's a 5 year old computer by the way =)

Anyway, I set the Silver theme from my computer now, and changed WLM's buddy icon to blue in the Windows Aero Messenger skin (since a blue icon in a blue theme doesn't fits), and that's it.
Maybe we should post desktop screenshots each month :D
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Tiptup Jr. » October 9th, 2008, 2:22 am

Um... I don't know why I'm posting in this now, but here is my desktop as of six minutes ago. I know, it sucks, but I don't try to pretty it up or anything. I just like my video game wallpapers.

And look at Windows Media Player in the top right corner! I circled it 'cuz I thought it was funneh. :P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby asmodeus » October 9th, 2008, 3:19 am

I don't know what to do here, but I know that it is about desktops...
Trainee Trekker

Postby Simion32 » October 9th, 2008, 7:15 am

Wow asmodeus, your desktop is really messy! XD

My desktop still doesn't have any icons on it. I've tried to keep it that way; otherwise I start saving crap on my desktop and it gets so messy it can take a whole day to reorganize and cleanup.

My current desktop background is a DKCLB promotion image (480x360, for Youtube videos) that I cooked up yesterday; I'll probably post it in the DKCLB thread later.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby asmodeus » October 9th, 2008, 7:21 am

Is this topic about wallpapers?
Trainee Trekker

Postby Gnawzooka » October 9th, 2008, 3:30 pm

Simion32 wrote:My desktop still doesn't have any icons on it.

You serious? What else is a desktop for?
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Simion32 » October 10th, 2008, 11:12 am

I just keep a background and nothing else on the desktop. Not even the recycle bin! You can still get to the recycle bin by using windows explorer, though.

All of my most-used shortcuts are in my start menu, quick launch or a toolbar called " " (yes the name is blank, that way it only shows the double-arrow symbol) so I never bother using the desktop anymore. I don't even use the default logoff/shutdown buttons anymore; rather I use special shortcuts placed into that toolbar. As for downloading stuff, instead of using the desktop I have a folder designated to dump everything I download into.

EDIT: Here's that DKCLB promotion image I was talking about earlier.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby BlueTronic » October 12th, 2008, 3:41 am

My current desktop. I don't plan on changing it for a long time.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby LOLSpark » November 24th, 2008, 7:12 pm

Here's my desktop.
I like Touhou, especially Shanghai.
Newcomer

Return to Anything Goes