Team-throw hover at waterline (Lakeside/Boardwalk levels)

Post in here to discuss any glitches you have discovered for Donkey Kong Country 3...
Please create a new topic for each unique glitch, and explain how it is performed (if known).

Team-throw hover at waterline (Lakeside/Boardwalk levels)

Postby Qyzbud » May 25th, 2008, 2:39 pm

This is something small but interesting that I discovered some time ago, and have been meaning to mention...

In DKC3's lakeside/boardwalk levels, you sometimes encounter underwater gates which can be either swam over, or stood on. (see screenshot below)
dkc3_watergates.png
dkc3_watergates.png (14.16 KiB) Viewed 9768 times

If you team-throw either Kiddy or Dixie upwards, and guide them to land on the gate, they will hover instead of landing.
dkc3_watergate_hover.png
dkc3_watergate_hover.png (14.4 KiB) Viewed 9768 times

While this is happening, your control is limited to guiding the hovering Kong left and right; even pausing the game is disabled. To cancel this glitch, guide the hovering Kong far enough to the left or right that they are no longer above the gate - a slow process when Kiddy's concerned!

I'm not quite sure why this happens, but here's a video to show it in action.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Re: Team-throw hover at waterline (Lakeside/Boardwalk levels)

Postby Simion32 » May 25th, 2008, 2:56 pm

I just tested it out, and it seems that pausing is disabled while you are throwing the other Kong, regardless of where you're throwing Dixie/Kiddy.

The game is coded to return Dixie from the water back to where Kiddy is, but she hits that platform in the process, leaving Kiddy stuck floating in mid-air. It is registering both the return from hitting water and floor collision simultaneously.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Kiddy14 » May 26th, 2008, 12:57 pm

Simion32 is right. The game is in conflict with two things.

By the way, here's a video with the same glitch, posted about 6/7 months ago =P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Qyzbud » May 26th, 2008, 2:41 pm

I searched YouTube for a while before posting... If I'd found that, I wouldn't have bothered recording my own version. :roll:

His video's more concise, mine's more comprehensive. I guess they both have merit. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Return to DKC3 Glitches