What new game should I get for my Wii?

Talk about any games outside of DKC's scope.

What new game should I get for my Wii?

Postby Cyclone » April 11th, 2008, 5:17 pm

I'm thinking on buying a new game for my Wii. It's been so long since I truely played a game. Last I played was metroid prime3 and before that was WindWaker. Now I'm feeling game deprived lately. ;)

So I was thinking on Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy or wait for Mario Kart. I want all 3 but only have time/money right now for one. :x
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Re: What new game should I get for my Wii?

Postby Qyzbud » April 11th, 2008, 7:00 pm

I must say, all of the ones you mentioned sound great... The only Wii game I've played enough of to be able to recommend, though, is Mario Galaxy. That game is just so much fun. Really cool & inventive gameplay ideas, it looks great, is packed with a dizzyingly awesome combo of new and retro elements... Yeah, it's a good one. I'm not really a huge Mario fan, so I reckon it says a fair bit that Galaxy impresses me so much.

Which ever one you choose, you'll have a great game. There must be dozens of other great titles, but I haven't played as much Wii as I should have by now. :roll:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Tiptup Jr. » April 11th, 2008, 11:47 pm

You should wait for Mario Kart Wii. Super Mario Galaxy is probably one of the best Wii games out there, but come on man...

Spoiler!
Funky Kong!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » April 12th, 2008, 1:51 am

How come no one has suggested:
Spoiler!
SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL!

I can't really tell you what game to get, until you tell us what games you are into. I myself am looking forward to eventually buying Sega Superstars Tennis. Oh, and Worms Space Oddity, and Timesplitters 4.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Qyzbud » April 12th, 2008, 2:24 am

Oh yeah; Brawl! I don't have to play that before recommending it... Smash Bros. games are always solid gold.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Rare Lover » April 12th, 2008, 7:49 am

Out of those three I'd say so Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, then Twilight Princess. Although I do admit that I hate Zelda for lack of creativity and Mario Kart Wii might be ideal if you want to be around when the hype train is at it's fullest so that you can be in more battles, tournaments, and all that other stuff, so I guess it's really up to you. But if I had to pick one game out of their entire library then go for Brawl.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Cyclone » April 12th, 2008, 7:57 am

Hmm. Well Brawl does look like the best Smash Bros game in the series and I would actually get it if I was a fan of 'fighting' games.

I'm sure there are quite a few other good games for the Wii but I usually get drawn towards certain games that just 'feel' like games I will like. Usually those games are the big name nintendo/rare games though. I never rent games. So far my judgment on whether I will like the game or not has been darn good. The exception was DK64. Out of all the games I bought, that was a huge disappointment for me. I only played through it once. Most games I play through more then once and get my moneys worth out of them.

I love adventure games with deep stories, which is why I like Zelda. Mario Galaxy seems very intuitive, fun and polished graphics and sound. Mario Kart just seems fun, challenging, replay value and has a style that looks closer to Mario Kart 64, which is my fav racing game. Kart Wii is prob the least exciting out of the 3 though?

Edit - Why do you hate zelda Rare Lover? I always thought zelda was creative... or are you refering to Twilight specifically?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Postby Rare Lover » April 12th, 2008, 8:29 am

I'm referring to the fact that while the franchise is creative they fail to introduce new things into the games to make them significant. It's a creative franchise, but the games aren't because they steal things from the previous ones and never do new things.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Jomingo » April 12th, 2008, 10:06 am

Cyclone wrote:Hmm. Well Brawl does look like the best Smash Bros game in the series and I would actually get it if I was a fan of 'fighting' games.

Well, I personally don't consider Brawl a "fighting game". Anyone who is a fan of fighting games knows that Brawl is the simplest form of a fighting game, with simple button presses and minimal challenge. If anything, I'd say it's a party game. Not that their is anything wrong with that, the game is still phenomenal.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Myuu » April 12th, 2008, 12:53 pm

If you are a huge DK fan get DK Bongo Blast. It looks really fun. Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl are games I hear and very good. I have no Wii but from what I hear people say they are good.
On Probation

Postby Cyclone » April 12th, 2008, 1:54 pm

Never heard of this game before... Kinda out of the gamming loop lately. :oops: but I just read the Okami review on ign and looked at some videos. Looks like a very good game.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/865/865958p1.html

but I'm leaning towards Mario just cuzz its something quick that I can play through with beautiful gfx, puzzel elements and still have fun. :D
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Postby Jomingo » April 13th, 2008, 1:38 am

Don't always listen to IGN. I think it was them that marked Barrel Blast down for having boring characters, but gave it points for the ability to punch a shark in the face.

Yeah, anyway Barrel Blast is a good choice if your a DK fan. It's really easy to just turn on and play, but theirs still alot to do to unlock characters. It's pretty easy, but fun. But of course, you can't go wrong with Mario. You know that will be good.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » April 18th, 2008, 7:56 am

Yeah, you should probably get Barrel Blast. It's not the best Wii game out there, but it will please the Donkey Kong Country fan in you. If you find yourself unable to attain a copy of Barrel Blast, shoot for Brawl (this game kicks butt) and if all else fails, buy Super Mario Galaxy.

There's also this game where you hold the Wii remote like a key and try to maneuver a marble around the stage and into a goal point. It certainly isn't in the ranks of Brawl or Galaxy, but it's worth a rent. I believe it's called Marble Mania.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » April 18th, 2008, 9:11 am

I'm not the only one that loves Kororinpa Marble Madness!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kowbrainz » April 19th, 2008, 12:09 am

Lol... DK sounds pretty crazy in the new Mario Kart game.

Twilight Princess and Mario Galaxy were both excellent games... but at the same time they were both too easy, really. Especially the final bosses of each.
Brawl sounds good; even better if you have wifi or friends around every now and then. Why, I have the game on right now. Not sure why I'm not playing it. :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Jomingo » May 20th, 2008, 9:44 am

I heard that's really fun.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » May 21st, 2008, 7:27 am

Jomingo wrote:I'm not the only one that loves Kororinpa Marble Madness!

A brother in Marbles YESOMFGWTF. Y'all peeps should probably get Marble Madness. It's cute when the little pig marble drops down a ledge and he makes that little squealy sound when he lands.

And are the WiiWare titles any good?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby BlueTronic » May 21st, 2008, 8:36 am

Jomingo wrote:I heard that's really fun.

It just needs one more tweak. :)
Defend your castle is a Wiiware title, just so you know.

Marble Madness? I never knew they made a Wii game for that. I've heard of Marble Mania if that's what you mean. I've played the arcade game of Marble Madness (Dave Wise also made the music for it ^_^) It's pretty cool.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Return to Gaming Discussion