Weird Rocket Rush Warp Glitch...

Post in here to discuss any glitches you have discovered for Donkey Kong Country 3...
Please create a new topic for each unique glitch, and explain how it is performed (if known).

Weird Rocket Rush Warp Glitch...

Postby The Kirby » February 23rd, 2008, 7:38 am

I encountered a really bizarre glitch in Rocket Rush about a year and a half ago, and I'm unaware of how it occurs. So forgive me if this glitch report is incomplete...

I believe I was playing on an NTSC version of DKC3 on my SNES, and had just gotten to the end of the rocket section of Rocket Rush.

Rocket Rush Warp.PNG
Rocket Rush Warp.PNG (32.32 KiB) Viewed 23886 times

Now, something weird happened...

Instead of shooting me out of the barrel so I could get to the end-level flag (or kill the Koin :twisted: ) the barrel shot me to another level which resembled the first part of Doorstop Dash with a weird palette (which I believe was the one used for Rocket Rush) without any sprites.

I've looked up on GameFAQ's, and I believe one other person has experienced this glitch, but didn't know how it occurs either.

Anyone have any experiences with this glitch? I'd like to know how to get it to happen again.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 5

Re: Weird Rocket Rush Warp Glitch...

Postby cfh » February 23rd, 2008, 2:24 pm

Sound interesting... I especially love glitches that glitch up the environment. But I have no idea how to do it. Were you playing on an emulator?
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby The Kirby » February 23rd, 2008, 3:30 pm

I'm not absolutely sure which one it was, now that you mention it. It could have been an emulator (in which case, ZSNES 1.42.)

I'm going to play through Rocket Rush many times to see if I can get myself sent to that weird place again. I just wish I knew HOW I did it... :cry:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 5

Postby Qyzbud » February 23rd, 2008, 4:15 pm

Ah, a good old fashioned Glitch Hunt!

Sounds very interesting, count me in.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby The Kirby » May 27th, 2008, 10:07 pm

Well, I sadly wasn't able to find the glitch again for some reason, but with the help of the Warp Modifying PAR code '7E00C0 XX', I was able to warp to the level that the weird rocket warp glitch sent me to. I believe it was level $00, and it does contain a few sprites, which I didn't remember at the time. The level's music is Cavern Caprice. :?: You can only get to the area with the first rope, because for some reason the game doesn't allow you to climb it.

Rocket Rush to Doorstop Dash.png
Level 00 when accessed from Rocket Rush
Rocket Rush to Doorstop Dash.png (33.8 KiB) Viewed 23731 times

The reason the palette in the screenshot is so messed up is because I accessed it by selecting Rocket Rush on the world map, which I assume was affected by the "volcanic hue" that Krematoa's levels are given after you give Boomer all of the cogs (which were the conditions that I had when the glitch occurred with me the first time.) If you access it from most other levels, its palette is of Squeals on Wheels.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 5

Postby csg999 » December 15th, 2008, 7:35 pm

Mayby if u do something on rocket rush this happens!!!

I'll has a look see if I can do this
Newcomer

Postby Kiddy14 » December 9th, 2010, 3:41 pm

I just found this video.
Perhaps anything the person recording did could help in recreating the glitch? They do seem to be listing their steps... I don't know anything about la langue japonaise =X
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Iggy » April 18th, 2011, 4:30 pm

This just happened to me! pissed me right off.
But no messed up pallet, and I'm not seeing any barrels like in the video, it's just a completely empty version of doorstop dash. Can't climb the rope.
First time completing Rocket Rush, have every single DK coin and bonus barrel outside of this level done, so frustrating! Playing via snes, ntsc version. Oh well, I'm off to try again.
Newcomer
Bananas received 1

Postby SocialGhost » May 17th, 2016, 8:20 am

Holy moly I thought me and my brother were the only two people who experienced this, but that was back in '97 on our old Nintendo Super Famicom console. Our dad entered the room a couple of minutes after and imediately switched off the console. We got so frustrated with him for doing that.
We've never encountered this glitch ever since.
Tourist
Bananas received 17

Return to DKC3 Glitches