Donkey Kong Country 4 Fangame Ideas

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Intro Logo?

Retroware
No votes
Atlasware
100%

Total votes : 2

Re: Donkey Kong Country 4 Fangame Ideas

Postby WesternTanager794 » November 17th, 2022, 5:16 am

New ideas!
Interactive water areas.
Colored Flags for beaten levels. Pink for Dixie. Blue for Kiddy. Red for Diddy. Brown for DK.
K flag for unbeaten level.
First Funkys flights is actually funky rentals! When you get all forty DK coins you can collect the three remaining banana birds . And rescue the queen of the banana birds! Plus I am incorporated a lot of the DKC3 GBA music into my game. It’s great! This post will be updated later when remember the rest of my new ideas!
:parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » November 17th, 2022, 6:45 am

I changed the poll! I don’t know refers to I don’t have an opinion of one or both of the poll topics. You can select two options for example: I don’t have an opinion about anything. I don’t know.
Yes to banana birds but I don’t know about brothers bear, yes I don’t know!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » November 19th, 2022, 7:59 am

Guess what I've found! I saw this a very long time ago, but I forgot!
dkc3_rio.jpg
The non-photoshopped version!
dkc3_rio.jpg (93.16 KiB) Viewed 38971 times

Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » November 19th, 2022, 8:08 am

Terra Incognita World Map!
Cotton-TopCove.gif
Cotton-TopCove.gif (32.63 KiB) Viewed 38969 times

And the game manual image. Much higher resolution. I might be able to edit the numbers out among other things to make this a good world map!
cottontopcove-small-.jpg

Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » November 19th, 2022, 4:15 pm

Thanks for sharing these pictures, Tanager. They are certainly neat and clean.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » December 1st, 2022, 5:29 am

I’m changing the poll, yes to banana birds and yes to brothers bear. I will see how to incorporate them! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » December 14th, 2022, 5:21 pm

I’m declaring DKC3 the winner! New poll!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » December 18th, 2022, 5:04 pm

I changed the last poll since it was ridiculous. The next poll after this one will be bonus music.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » December 22nd, 2022, 11:49 pm

I just realized that I messed up the poll! I fixed it. Instead of bosses included in game as the title, I changed it to soverworld map music. Sorry for the confusion!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 12th, 2023, 2:47 pm

I have a little surprise that I will be releasing soon! It is the beta version and feedback would be appreciated! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 13th, 2023, 1:08 pm

I just realized that perhaps I confused some people. It is not the beta level Forest Interlude. In fact, it is not a level at all! It is the intro to the game, all the way to the game select screen! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 21st, 2023, 5:04 pm

I'm going to delay this a bit considering my priorities shifted to the book. Referring to the intro. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » February 10th, 2023, 8:35 am

Does anyone want to make Cranky's text or any of the other helping kongs or Klubba's text? Thanks in advance! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » February 10th, 2023, 2:54 pm

I'm working on the game intro as we speak! May have it finished tonight! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » February 10th, 2023, 3:25 pm

Does anyone have a gif of the rolling sea in pirate panic? The light green water in general. Thanks! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Lanky Kong » February 15th, 2023, 10:01 am

Klobber off barrel kill, Intended to show when its barrel is thrown and hit

...and some enemy ideas for spooky places

is a vampire Kremling that attacks you by shooting bats named , then he transforms into one flying around, to kill him you just jump above him twice, as at the first time he turns into a Fangs. Or to kill him directly, you throw a barrel, if you try to roll at him, you get bitten.

Sound effects: GBA Kloak's Laugh (Shooting Fangses), DKC2/3 Kremling Defeat Roar (Defeated)

is a huge hybrid Kremling that you can't defeat him easily with a simple jump, and attacks summoning a lightning like a rod thanks to his Tesla coil behind him, so you must throw any object at him to stun him, then jump at him.

Sound effects: Doom 1993 Zombies Sight (Trying to Stomp Him), Lightning Stroke (Lightning Zapping Coil), Doom 1993 Cyberdemon Sight (Defeated)

is just a Kritter covered in wrappings that come from egyptian sarcophaguses, you must destroy the sarcophagus near to defeat him, or else you will get bored trying to stomp or roll him manytimes without any outcome.

Sound effects: Doom 1993 Hell Knight Sight (Trying to Stomp Him), Doom 1993 Archvile Roaming (Spawn from Sarcophagus), Doom 1993 Pain Elemental Hurt (Defeated)

is a Kobbles that developed water gills and swims around, his pattern is similar to the Lab Assistants found in the Prehistoric Swamps from Crash 3, you can't attack them by rolling. Just jump at him to defeat him.

Sound effects: Doom 1993 Cacodemon Sight (Rising from the Water), GBA Kremling Defeated (Defeated)

is not a Kremling, he fits in the regular baddies category, you first encounter them as a small weenie wolf, but when you jump at him prepare to embrace panic! He will turn into a bulky werewolf and start chasing you until you're knocked out!

Sound effects: Sabrewulf's Howl (Hitted and Transforming into Werewolf), Sabrewulf High Pitch Hit (Wolf Form Defeated), DKC2/3 Kremling Defeat Roar (Werewolf Form Defeated)

Hope you can find it useful
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby Super Luigi! » February 15th, 2023, 12:44 pm

These are very neat ideas and sprites, Lanky Kong. Weeniewolf may be my favorite, since he transforms to become more dangerous after jumping on him, and he apparently only cares about knockouts instead of kills. I wonder if Weeniewolfs could otherwise be friendly, like Nibbla in Fish-Food Frenzy? That would be funny.

In any case, I hope my thoughts were useful as well.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » February 17th, 2023, 2:33 pm

Just a consideration. Instead of my planned Donkey Kong Rescued for the credits, what about Spaceport Alpha from Diddy Kong Racing? That is if we want "original" credits. It's enormously catchy. I was listening to it on my 30 hour Dave Wise and Rareware playlist. Here's a link for those of you who don't know it.

Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » February 17th, 2023, 9:17 pm

Intro is almost out! It's really late, so it will be out by tomorrow! I would like hyper-critical examinations of this. I need it to be absolutely and completely perfect. Also, the title screen (stolen from the kongs return) is not permanent. I have one in the design stages that is going to be done soon enough. I will release the finished title screen by the end of next week. (hopefully) Hope you're excited! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » February 17th, 2023, 10:29 pm

Here it is! Feel free to skip the two minutes of kongs return game select screen. Also, I didn't add the demos yet.

Once again, be hyper-critical! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » February 18th, 2023, 7:02 am

This intro is great, Tanager. I don't have any issues with it, so I'm not sure how to be hyper-critical, but I do like the remixes used and how each game title appears. Thanks for adding my name in the credits as well, although I don't think I did much. In any case, good job making this video.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » February 18th, 2023, 8:16 am

Thanks! I do have some edits in mind, though. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » February 18th, 2023, 2:51 pm

I'm going to update that video soon. I forgot to mute Sledge's section. Mattrizzle's text box appears before his video. Cyclone's shows up during Phyreburnz's. What did you two think of your backgrounds? :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Sledgehammer44 » February 18th, 2023, 4:54 pm

I felt pretty honored to be mentioned in the video! As Konata from Lucky Star would say... "Good job!"
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 5

Postby WesternTanager794 » February 18th, 2023, 5:35 pm

Thanks, guys! I'm also going to fix the K.rool's backwards laughing from the very beginning. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » February 18th, 2023, 7:59 pm

Ideas for title screen, if you don't mind, please. Here are mine
dkc3-kastle-kaos.png
Combining K.rool and HD renderings of Kastle KAOS.
Also, maybe the kremling power source is in the window? Honestly, I feel like this title screen could be to intense. I really like the DKC2 screen for its excitement! I remember the first time I saw it I thought that Diddy and this new kong had beat up all the kremlings and now were at the treasure chest! I like the DKC3 screen for it's funness. It's light-hearted and cheery. I want my game to have more of a DKC3 feel. DKC2 was dark (not that it was bad), DKC1 felt like a dangerous jungle, but DKC3 had a different feel. As Super Luigi said once, "I like how silly and colorful the game is"
Maybe this would be good for game cartridge art instead?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » February 18th, 2023, 10:15 pm

I made some changes and improvements. Also the blue Diddy rode by Diddy is by a rom hack by my sibling. (Only four levels, though. But they are incredibly interesting). My sibling used the resource editor, but is going to give another go with the RainbowZ Editor.
Here is version 2. Same deal. Don't hesitate if you have any ideas or changes! I sort of fixed K.rool's laughter. Good thing the ending ambience quiets down so it is hard to hear the difference between backwards and forwards ambience. Before, K.rool's cackling sounded like Donkey Kong's (Cranky) 8 bit laughter from the original arcade game. It sounded weird, though. I did like the sound of the backwards sounds of the island sinking. It sounds funny and somehow fitting. Also, I do like Aqueduct Assault as well as other tropical freeze songs. A lot I felt like were not the signature Dave Wise brilliance. Remixes often are. And some of Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie music. Ideas for incorporating these in there? Banjo music will be harder, though. Also, Dinosaur Planet soundtrack is really good. Also, Funky's Fugue or Funky the Main Monkey? Also, the GBA intro is extra high-quality. I had to do a free trial of a really expensive ai restorer. I think the results are great! Also, anyone have any ideas on how to change the rare logo in the gba intro? Also, I will have to change the title screen, and the 19 years. What is it, 26 years, now? Also, is there a way to make a Tanagerware logo. The alternative would be something like Retroware. The latter would be easier as I would only have to change the text. What fanfare, though. DKC1 or 2? Alternatively it could be Stronghold Showdown celebration music. Also, if we have the intro screen shown above, maybe we should have K.rool returns. And I learned that BlueTronic restored the death and victory for K.rool Duel!

Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » February 24th, 2023, 8:30 pm

Who is in Cranky's videogame hero awards? :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » February 25th, 2023, 4:51 pm

Diddy, Mario, Yoshi, and Link.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » February 25th, 2023, 4:54 pm

Oh, I was referring for this game! I thought that potentially Banjo and Kazooie would count as one. What are your ideas, Super Luigi? :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » February 25th, 2023, 4:58 pm

Mario and Link should stay, but I don't know how important Yoshi is, and Banjo & Kazooie haven't done much. You can still use them, however.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » March 7th, 2023, 2:03 pm

Maybe we keep the creatures consistent in the levels? Honey levels only get DKC2 creatures. I was looking at the DKC trilogy fan game and I hated the mixing and matching of level creatures. It didn’t fit. But on custom levels, (beach, etcetera) different story. What does everyone think? Also, I would consider stealing some of DKC2 unveiled level designs for the harder levels. Those levels are really well designed. I’m also planning out sfxs for the game. Aka DKC3 save barrel noise for middle point in levels. Also gold banana coins instead of silver. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » March 8th, 2023, 7:23 am

I like your idea of only mixing enemies on custom stages, but I don't think DKC2 Unveiled's stages were too impressive. The save barrel and banana coin ideas are also good.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » March 8th, 2023, 9:38 am

Ok, got it. Should I use DKC1 Funky's Flights or DKC2's? :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » March 8th, 2023, 9:51 am

Also, I am thinking simian segue for the overworld, but individual world map music for different worlds. Welcome to Crocodile Isle would be good for K.rool Kaves. Northern Kremispheres (GBA) would be good for Hermit Crab Cove. Maybe Misty Menace for Kong Kastle? Northern Kremispheres for Terra Incognita? Simian Segue for Jagged Jungle. Northern Hemispheres for Misty Mountains? What about Zany Zingerland and the rest? Funky's Fugue or the main monkey for music for his flights. Maybe Simian Segue should be Kremkroc? Crocodile Isle music should be Zany Zingerland, maybe? What are your opinions, Super Luigi? Also, DKC2 banana collect, coin collect, DK coin collect. What about create excitement fanfare after beating a level as in DKC1 for Dixie and Kiddy. Maybe two player contest is Dixie and Kiddy versus DK and Diddy? More ideas coming! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » March 8th, 2023, 1:37 pm

I don't know what the best choices are, but I like yours. If you need more details, just let me know and I'll try to write more.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » March 14th, 2023, 6:06 pm

I need to pare down on levels Help!! Though it should still be long worlds. This is supposed to keep fans satisfied for a while. there are too many repeat levels. i don't know what im going to do for world maps either. jungle jetty is going to be a hidden level inside the dk head treehouse. Jungle hijinx will replace it. monkey museum is going to be in the lost world. Maybe there are only one klubba kiosk. The level names are not good enough yet. in general, the whole game needs to be reconfigured.I would absolutely love help here. the worlds just don't follow a consistent theme. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » March 16th, 2023, 12:08 pm

I’ve pared down levels to a lot less. It’s still a lot, but not as bad. It adds up to 98 with bosses and lost world.
I’m updating the list soon. I’d like some feedback on the changes. And some levels I liked the names of I removed for one reason or another. Dkc1’s bosses are dull, so I’m getting rid of Krazy Kremosaurus Karnage. Unless someone has ideas that aren’t dkc1esque. I still think there should be even less levels than even in the revised version. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » March 16th, 2023, 12:29 pm

Honestly, Tanager, I don't really know how to help, but if you need ideas or feedback for a list, that's probably something I can do. Thanks for still working on this as well. You're still the best.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » March 19th, 2023, 1:04 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, Super Luigi! List will be released soon. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » March 19th, 2023, 3:58 pm

Spoiler!
World 1 Hermit Crab Cove Beach Jungle Themed
Jetty Jungle DK Island Swing or the DKC4 Jagged Jungle Music
Seaside Scramble Stilt Village or Stilt Village (GBA)
Kremcrab Chase Stilt Village or Stilt Village (GBA)
Twilight Temple Voices of the Temple
Coral City Aquatic Ambience
Coconut Canyon Dk Island Swing
Beach Boss Boogie Bad Boss Boogie
World 2 Vine Valley Jungle Forest Theme
Forest Frenzy Forest Frenzy
White Rock Falls Cascade Capers (GBA)
Greenleaf Grove Forest Interlude
Fungi Forest Forest Frenzy or DKC4 Fungi Forest Music
Riptide Reef
Treetop Town Treetop Rock
Reptile Ruins Voices of the Temple
Bramble Blast Stickerbush Symphony
World 3 Misty Mountains Mine Snow theme
Mining Melancholy Mining Melancholy
Barrel Cannon Craggy like the Barrel Cannon Craggy DKC4 level music also same
Snowy Barrel Blast Northern Hemispheres
Wrecked Rails DKC4 Wrecked Rails Music
Espresso’s Expressway Northern Hemispheres
Crystal Cave/Crystalline Cave Ice Cave Chant
Winter Wildlands Ice Music for DKC4 2012 demo
Frosty Frolics Frosty Frolics
Clapper’s Ice Cave
Penguin Panic Frosty Frolics
Mining Magnificence Mining Melancholy
Mr. X Madness Boss Boogie first part is a lot of krooks (you can’t see them) tossing their hooks at you. You can see the hooks. Then Glaurung the Fire breathing dragon you play against. Imagine Dogadon fight. Then Mr. X comes out and battles against you.
World 4 Zany Zingerland Krazy Kremland themed
Sticky Situations Flight of the Zinger
Rickety Ride Disco Train
Honeycomb Havoc Flight of the Zinger
Bramble Antics Stickerbush Symphony
Bayou Boogie Bayou Boogie
Krazy Karnival Disco Train
King Morzeka Mayhem Boss Bossanova
World 5 Kremkroc Industries Factory Theme
Fear Factory Fear Factory
Dingy Drainpipe
Rambi Rampage Fear Factory
Cavern Caprice
Mine Cart Mania
Poisonous Pipeline Lockjaw’s Saga? Or Pokey Pipes?
Blacked out Basement
Aqueduct Assault
Frantic Factory
Lockjaw’s Lair or Snapjaw’s Saga Boss Boogie
World 6 Volcano Valley Crocodile Cauldron Theme
Vivid Volcano Hot Head Bop
Lava Lake Hot Head Bop
Squitter Stampede Hot Head Bop Gimmick: Collect 50 bananas before you can exit level.
Magma Mine Mining Melancholy
Hot Head Bop
Animal Ascent Nuts and Bolts
Fearsome Factory
Crocodile Caldera Hot Head Bop
Creature from the Lava Lagoon Boss Bossanova technically a Kleever’s revenge.
World 7 Kong Castle Haunted Castle Forest Theme
Mudhole Marsh Bayou Boogie or DKC4 Sleet Meadows Level
Treetop Tumble Treetop Tumble
Wrinkly’s Save Cave
Haunted Hall Haunted Chase not mine cart not DKC2
Murky Swamp
Forest Interlude
Flooded Forest DKC4 Boiling Flooded Music and Design
Kremetery Design and Music is DKC4 Kremetery
Aquatic Ambience Aquatic Ambience
Rockface Ridge Rockface Rumble
Oak Island
Windy Woods Forest Interlude
Funky’s Flights
Simion Sawmill Mill Fever (GBA)
Claustrophobic Catacombs Cave Dweller Concert
Oak Island Design and Music is DKC4 Oak Island
Brambled Briars Stickerbush Symphony
Creepy King Kong Boss Bossanova former evil king of the kongs
World 8 Terra Incognito DKC3 Themed :IN PROGRESS:
Enchanted Riverbank
Koindozer Konudrum
Burning Rope Ravine
Cascading Falls
Illuminated Ivywild
Stilt Village
Musty Mill
Watery World
Bobbing Barrel Brawl
Crystal Chasm
Jungle Jitters
Kroctopus Krazyness Boss Boogie
World 9 K.rool Kaves After all that, K.rool has a castle on Dk Island inside an enormous cave
Misty Mine Misty Menace
Razored Ridge Rockface Rumble (GBA)
Cave Dweller Cacophony Cave Dweller Concert
RockKroc Kaverns Misty Menace
Rockface Rumble
Frostbite Fortress In a snowbound land? Krook’s March don’t know the theme of the level yet
Trick Track Trek
Lockjaw’s Labyrinth Lockjaw’s Saga
Cranky of Course Never Died Here Haunted Chase
K.rool Duel Crocodile Cacophony
World 10 Ye Old Shipwreck
Hidden Harbour Bayou Boogie
Gangplank Galley Klomp’s Romp
Glimmering Galleon Music and Design of DKC4 Glimmering Galleon
Aquatic Abyss In a Snowbound Land
Rattly Rampage Snakey Chantey
Jib Jig Jib Jig
Krow’s Revenge or Kreepy Krow’s Revenge Boss Bossanova
Gangplank Galleon II Gangplank Galleon
World 11 Kumulonimbus
Kumulonimbus
Funky’s Rentals?
World 12 The Lost Worlds
Jungle Groove Primal Rave or DK Island Swing
Rainforest Deluge Forest Frenzy
Starblast Speedway Music and Level Design of DKC4 Starblast Speedway
Hectic Hive Flight of the Zinger
Kongcrete Jungle Mill Fever (GBA)
Fiery Frenzy Hot Head Bop
Cliffside Blast Rockface Rumble
Tempestuous Temple Water World (GBA)
Northlake Frozen In a Snowbound Land
Lost World Lair Crocodile Cacophony

Ignore the music. It’s inaccurate. This is subject to change and I haven’t edited it yet. tvs are slow for typing. This is why such delays are prevalent. :parry:

BETA!!!!!!!!! Not complete!! Feedback would be appreciated!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » March 20th, 2023, 6:08 am

From what I can see, the list looks good to me, although you might want to add a space between worlds when typing it out. I do like your choices here as well.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » March 20th, 2023, 12:07 pm

Thanks for the help. The spoiler somehow messed itself up. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » March 28th, 2023, 8:10 pm

A full resolution Northern kremispheres! This could be potentially useful for photoshopping world maps. I think the upper left section combined with the bottom left section could be used for Hermit Crab Cove. I would like the overworld map of DK island to be very detailed, but that's probably going to be very difficult. Here's the image!
20230328_024306.jpg
20230328_024306.jpg (588.08 KiB) Viewed 35822 times
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » March 29th, 2023, 11:36 am

My grandma used to have this guide, which might be why I think of her as Wrinkly, but she lost it one day. I remember looking at everything in it when I was younger.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

PreviousNext

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks