The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby Super Luigi! » October 7th, 2022, 11:58 am

Indeed. When i eventually finish my fourth game, which is basically a Mario one, I'll post it here in my old thread that has the first three, which might help. I may also check the Atlas a bit more regularly now, although I may not say much. We'll see. I might even write more fanfiction that has no suspense.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 7th, 2022, 2:54 pm

Super Luigi!,
your username actually inspired me to create a brand-new rom hack Super Luigi World! Featuring Luigi and... Yoshi! I don’t know the first thing on making Super Mario World rom hacks, so it’ll start out slow. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » October 8th, 2022, 2:23 am

I hope that goes well for you.

As for my random thought right now, I don't have any good story ideas, so I'll try to think of something.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 13th, 2022, 4:25 pm

I’m an International Chess Master and I of course keep up with all of the chess tournaments, watching them from beginning to end, and I watched the game between Magnus Carlsen and Hans Niemann and Niemann’s interview afterwards and I had a long think and analyzed the game and used Stockfish and I concluded this, Magnus played well and Hans Niemann had otherworldly playing strength. And I decided days before the media picked it up that Hans Niemann cheated. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 13th, 2022, 4:27 pm

Oh, also Yasser Seirawan is possibly the best chess commentator of all time! I’m not kidding. :parry:

Edit: That is my 100th post!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » October 14th, 2022, 1:35 pm

I hope your Chess career goes well. As for my random thought today, marshmallows.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 14th, 2022, 2:07 pm

Thanks! If you want a truly random thought it would be, let me think... Bananas, perhaps because I just ate one. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » October 27th, 2022, 1:59 pm

I often have really goofy ideas for stories that I could write here, but after my last three, I wonder if these new ideas of mine are too silly. They certainly haven't been proven in the games, but I still that they might help somewhat. For now, I'll keep thinking on the matter.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 16th, 2023, 5:14 pm

I had a random thought that I thought was worth notating. Cranky Kong deserves to be a very strong chess player :rant: , and Wizpig is practically unbeatable! :parry:

EDIT: You can’t beat me! Wizpig quote.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » January 17th, 2023, 7:55 am

Both of those statements are likely correct, and silly games are mostly entertaining.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 18th, 2023, 10:00 am

I won’t do it but I have plenty of ideas for a game of that sort! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » January 19th, 2023, 1:58 pm

I'm the same way. I don't mind, however, since sharing the ideas is good enough for me.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 19th, 2023, 2:06 pm

Ok.
There are three cups:
Timber Island Tournament
Kongo Bongo Cup
Crocodile Isle Cup
And one special cup:
Cranky Kong Cup.

Cranky has long since retired. He commentates along with Lanky, Krook, Kunning, Kaboing, and Kazooie.
Cranky is 2600 strength. The miniimum rating for a grandmaster is 2500.
Wizpig is 3000. The highest rating ever achieved was 2882 by Magnus Carlsen in 2012, the current world champion.
Take account for rating inflation, though. In 1999, Garry Kasparov reached 2853.
Stockfish (the strongest chess computer in the world at approximately 3900 strength), evaluated the play of both players during their long undefeated streaks and established that Garry Kasparov played better. The elo rating system is slow to adjust and Carlsen at his peak played at 2992 strength and Kasparov played at 2998 strength. Garry Kasparov was the strongest player in the world from 1980-2005. That's when he retired, still very far ahead of the competition.
You never play Wizpig, that's because no one can beat him. There is the Wizpig match, but he never shows up and you play his nefarious accomplice who's not nearly as strong.
More will come! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 20th, 2023, 8:58 am

Alexander Alekhine, the only world champion to die while champ was assasinated. No way around it. I will post the facts and research soon. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » January 20th, 2023, 9:02 am

I like these ideas, and that is a great deal of information, Tanager. Thanks for sharing it. As for myself, my ideas are probably too silly, so I'll save them for later. I will write this one, however:

K. Rool is missing, so the Kongs and Kremlings team up. I don't know how it would happen, but it would be neat. Maybe even just have something like Barrel Blast again?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 20th, 2023, 9:07 am

Interesting! I had an idea that you could play for the Krembassadors. Or the Timber Island Team. Or the DK Island Team. I have more ideas which I will post when I have the time. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 20th, 2023, 1:00 pm

Wrinkly is 2200
Dixie is 2000
Funky is 1200
Diddy is 1800
Kiddy is 400
DK is 1500
Tiny is 1600
Chunky is 1100

But you can play against any of these characters in the mode where you practice against different characters.
8 chess players per division.
Kongo Bongo Cup first
Timber Island Tournament second
Crocodile Isle Cup third
You play against a randomly selected team in each cup. A fourth undetermined members team also participates. The winner in a team matchup advances to the finals of a cup.
Your score weights the RNG in favor of you or against. A draw just gives you a random result. Weighted by the specific matchups for example, if Cranky played Kiddy, the RNG would be something like a 99.9% chance of Cranky winning. The commentators only commentate on your game. No hints from them though. Generic comments and they are hooked up to a chess engine which after you make a blunder they will point out the mistake. That will probably be the hardest part to program, the commentators, since they have to make relevant commentary to the position. Lanky Kong was the first winner of the Cranky Kong Cup which Cranky established after his retirement for the very top players from the other cups. More is coming! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » January 21st, 2023, 2:46 pm

I like your ideas for a DK Chess game, although I don't have many right now. Therefore, here's a random word: Bacon.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 21st, 2023, 4:03 pm

Conker has a kamikaze playing style 1300?
Banjo is a very strong player 2000?
Krunch is 900?
Timber is 1000?
Pipsy is 600?
T.T is 1200?
Klubba is 1400?
Bumper is 500?
Drumstick is 1600?
Tiptup is 1800?
I haven't decided what the kremlings are or what the fourth team is. Perhaps it is characters from like mario or something? :parry:

:EDIT: Maybe the only reason the kremlings can compete is because K.rool got kidnapped. Maybe by Gruntilda or Mario or Cranky Kong. Maybe if Cranky kidnaps him, K.rool gets brainwashed by a KAOS created by Kunning and now kremlings are enemies and kongs are friends. You face off against him in the end after he unbrainwashes himself and decides Cranky and the Kongs are worse enemies than before. Of course, everything has to have the kinks worked out on this. Maybe Wizpig is dead. If that's true then someone must be holding up a hoax that he is alive.

:EDIT:EDIT: The Random word of the day is pineapple! :huh:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 21st, 2023, 4:08 pm

Kingizor wrote:Have you played Donkey Kong today?

How did you do that Kingizor? Messed up the tile palette?

Also, someone was saying that Diddy Kong's role model was DK, but who is Dixie's. I certainly don't think DKC3 Cranky is it. I feel like in my book that Cranky is the role model, but...

:parry:

:EDIT: I have been waiting for a long while to have 1 registered 0 guests and 0 hidden. It has not happened and I don't know how the heck that happened to Kingizor. Funny, though.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » January 22nd, 2023, 2:10 pm

Someone once told me that Wrinkly was Dixie's role model, but that same person also spent 45 minutes explaining how everyone in DKC is sexist, so I'm not sure. Perhaps that person was right for the wrong reasons?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 23rd, 2023, 10:50 am

I wonder if Dave Wise would be interested in this project. :dixiehappy: A spin-off of Diddy Kong Racing. Diddy Kong Chess! I doubt he would but it would be cool if he was. I had some more ideas, but I forgot them. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 25th, 2023, 3:35 pm

My random thoughts for today! I remember some of them, but not all of them.

I had a thought about Qyzbud forgetting to pay to keep the atlas running. In one instant, the site where some of the leading experts in DKCology and all of the discoveries.. :bashmaster:
This later translated into a dream where Simion reset the date in the computer where the website was stored and all of the topics had disappeared, and the only people left with accounts were the ones that had been active recently. Quite a major disaster for the field of DKCology.

I also considered perhaps we could convince the editors of Webster's Dictionary to make DKCology a word. As well as add Diddy to the US dialect. Too bad the british only use that word.

I had a non DKC related story that I thought was quite silly. I started writing about it and I would like to know if anyone is interested in hearing about two cords hunt for a phone. It's quite nonsensical, but it's another one of those silly stories from tanager. :parry:

:EDIT: Chapter 17 is almost out!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » January 26th, 2023, 12:24 pm

I'll read any story from you, Tanager. They likely won't be sillier than mine, so you have nothing to fear. If my goofy ideas are alright, however, then I'll think of more later.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 26th, 2023, 12:49 pm

Ok, Super Luigi! Ask, I’m always happy to hear your ideas! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » January 27th, 2023, 4:05 am

I often wonder if I should continue writing silly stories in the fan fiction thread, but without any real danger or threats, they may prove too goofy or sweet. Nevertheless, I think the ideas still might help, even if they are full of affection and mundane tasks. We'll see, however. If you want an idea right now, here's one I just made up:

Donkey, Funky, and Chunky play several rounds of the same card game and bet bananas, while Kiddy rolls everywhere. Maybe Diddy, Dixie, and Tiny also join Wrinkly on the N64.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 27th, 2023, 4:17 am

Interesting! I might consider that. I sort of already have! Krook and Kaboing have more game adventures, though! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » January 27th, 2023, 7:23 am

Indeed, and there's even sillier stuff from the games, like those flowers that either cause drowsiness or provide energy depending on the time of day. I also wonder if the Animal Buddies can speak. We know Squawks can, but that might be because he's a parrot.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 28th, 2023, 8:41 am

I always assumed that theycould. But, thinking about it,there is no proof. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Mattrizzle » January 28th, 2023, 9:27 am

In a novel that I own of the first game, the animal buddies can talk, but I'm not sure if this should be considered canon. Not only does Squawks talk, but Rambi, Expresso, and Enguarde do as well. Poor Winky doesn't even get a single mention in the story however. Funky and Candy don't either...
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 221

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 28th, 2023, 10:06 am

Too bad! Winky and Funky are great characters! I agree that they can talk, though. :parry:

:EDIT: better post soon! I have 666 posts! :dixiehappy:

:EDIT:EDIT: Haha, Qyzbud! K.rool’s advocate, eh? :dixiehappy:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » January 28th, 2023, 12:21 pm

That's a bad joke, and DKC is nothing without its characters. Just look at Tropical Freeze and especially Returns.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 28th, 2023, 12:39 pm

I know that it's a terrible joke, but I got a chuckle out of it.

Also, I'm not entirely certain if I have the right boss, but a video analyzing every DKC boss in every game, said that Bashmaster (If I have that right) was the best boss fight. Is this true, or is this one person's opinion? :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » January 29th, 2023, 10:45 am

It's definitely one person's opinion. I also keep thinking about the Banana Birds and Fairies.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 29th, 2023, 10:09 pm

I remembered that my avatar was the same one as Leo Core's. Since you're not supposed to have the same one as another user, should I change it? Also, if I do change it, I'm open to ideas as I'll be designing it myself! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » January 30th, 2023, 4:54 am

I'm not sure, but if you do change your avatar, I'd recommend including a tanager, Parry, or both.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 30th, 2023, 9:33 am

I am probably going to make them anyway. I tried making some and it was a fairly enjoyable process! My sibling is going to join here in a few years and he wanted a Timber one. So, I'm making one for him! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » January 31st, 2023, 6:14 am

That sounds nice. If I ever meet him, that will definitely be a great day.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » February 10th, 2023, 8:30 am

Just a warning. I'm heading to another qualifier tomorrow. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » February 10th, 2023, 5:16 pm

Alright. Good luck with that. I also think Donkey is very relaxed most of the time, unless someone is antagonizing him.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » March 10th, 2023, 6:31 am

bleak's house is a pun!
Bleak house by charles dickens!
:parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » March 10th, 2023, 7:15 am

Yes, and Skidda's Row is a reference to skid row, which could also reference the band. Now I'll try to write another silly story.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Mattrizzle » March 14th, 2023, 1:04 am

It's always bothered me that the first DKC level is named Jungle Hijinxs, not Jungle Hijinks or Jungle Hijinx. It's as if the person who changed the name forgot to remove the letter s at the end. This wouldn't be too farfetched, as its original name was Jungle Japes. The change also made it one of the few levels without an alliterative or rhyming name. Another location name with this distinction is Candy's Save Point, which was once Slinky's Save. Slinky was one of Candy's earlier names.

EDIT: Necky's Revenge is another one.

Also, Bumble B. Rumble is the only boss level in DKC1 aside from Gang-Plank Galleon without the boss's name in the title. Could it be the result of a name inconsistency? In the cast roll, the boss is named Queen B., but maybe she was meant to be Bumble B. (or her full name is Queen Bumble B.?).
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 221

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes