Cool DKC Trilogy Tricks (Post Here)

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

Cool DKC Trilogy Tricks (Post Here)

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 9th, 2022, 2:18 am

Thanks, Super Luigi for the idea! I’ve already posted many various tricks. But here you can post your own as well! My previous tricks were: I found the Arctic Zip! Which I didn’t realize existed.

Topsail Trouble Crazyness:
]I got Rattly into the Topsail Trouble Warp by pressing y and right off the mast and then jumped into the warp! It got Rattly past the “No Rattly” sign! Rattly doesn’t hold onto rigging so he fell but I maneuvered him onto a mast that was in range of the end target with a true Rattly double jump and then when I was on the correct mast I jumped onto the end target with a super jump and something crazy happened![/quote

Barrel Bayou Brazenness:
In Barrel Bayou prepare to collect the cannon bonus, use Rambi’s Supercharge to clear all the neeks and zingers and then eject Rambi right before the “No Rambi” sign. When the kloak starts moving left grab Rambi, go left and when you collect the cannonball toss it in the cannon get on Rambi and jump in the cannon. The bonus room will shoot you past the “No Rambi” sign and you can finish the level easily enough, and with Rambi go through the barrels to launch from a high enough level to trigger the end target fanfare, and see what happens![/quote

Silly Squitter Shenanigans:
I am now covering another nutty DKC2 trick.
In hot head bop, go backwards with Squitter until you reach the warp in the beginning of the level, either web platform as high as you can go and jump into the warp. Now if you can’t get the web platforms high enough, then web platform up to the DK coin and go left, proceed cautiously as the camera fights you and the physics are messed up, I once beat Web Woods this way although it was a grueling match. Once in the warp, you eject onto the gator that shoots you high on to the end target, and of course something crazy will happen. I am currently experimenting with something in Krockhead Klamber, so be on the lookout for more crazy things. I also have a new non-speed runner strategy for King Zing Sting :zinger:, it makes it super easy to beat him!

And a new trick:
In Krockhead Klamber, when you get Squitter, shoot a web platform down below the screen into the swamp left of the “No Squitter” sign. Keep making web platforms to the right and crawl slowly, no jumping. Because the web platform is underneath the screen you can go under the land. Because Squitter is also underneath the screen the “No Squitter” sign won’t affect him. Keep crawling along until the other side of the land platform, then jump on the land and complete the level! Make sure after you’re on land, you don’t put the “No Squitter” back on screen, or you will lose Squitter.

Feel free to post all of your tricks here! I’d like to see them! Also, in my next post I will release the King Zing Sting :zinger: strategy that makes him super easy! Another question, Eazinn and Vo0id call Squitter “Shoes” is this common? :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Re: Cool DKC Trilogy Tricks (Post Here)

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 9th, 2022, 4:37 pm

Crazy thing happened today while I was playing the DKC2 Lost Levels rom hack, which is almost as hard as DKC2 unveiled but something akin to the Krockhead Klamber wrong warp happened. Well, you better watch.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r44lijcff78j ... 0AQLa?dl=0
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 11th, 2022, 9:16 am

I just played Slime Climb in an emulator, and I did something insane! The special super jump setup is courtesy of Twig.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/huqbnvna8xasi ... 0.MOV?dl=0
Parry has forgiven me, so he will start ending my posts again. :parry:

Also, I will give away my secret King Zing Sting :zinger: non-speedrunner strategy. Inside the chamber you begin in you can fire at King Zing, keep shooting until he gets hit twice and then leave and run. On the second time you have to try to make him angry, hug the bottom and shoot when he gets to the bottom and fly up he will approach from the right. When he shrinks fire constantly until all of his surrounding bees are gone and he’s hit, he will follow you and he is an easy target just shoot when he gets too close for comfort and then fly down to the bottom right and hold down to save half a second to avoid jumping for the kremkoin. I will post a video of me doing it when I get around too it. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 11th, 2022, 5:04 pm

I found and executed an SJR in Blackout Basement! Speedrunners rejoice!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n35ed6nfzm2ae ... 2.MOV?dl=0
:parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby rainbowsprinklez » October 12th, 2022, 10:32 am

WesternTanager794 wrote:I found and executed an SJR in Blackout Basement! Speedrunners rejoice!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n35ed6nfzm2ae ... 2.MOV?dl=0

That one has been found before and timed to be slower, but good job finding that!

There is always the TAS only 4-3 SJR!
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 108

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 12th, 2022, 2:28 pm

The Ice Age Alley SJR was cool! It appears that video is brand new. Thanks for the cool trick I’ll se if I can execute it! The Blackout Basement SJR seems faster but thanks for letting me know! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby rainbowsprinklez » October 12th, 2022, 9:43 pm

WesternTanager794 wrote:The Ice Age Alley SJR was cool! It appears that video is brand new.

Only new because I had the file for ages but never uploaded to Youtube. (and I can't upload mp4s here :facepalm: )

WesternTanager794 wrote:The Blackout Basement SJR seems faster but thanks for letting me know! :parry:

Looks can be deceiving :) I timed those things along with many others. I work with and know pretty well top speedrunners.

EDIT
I have a TON of videos on my harddrive. Lots of varieties including (but not limited to) timing tricks, rom hack exploits, potential new tricks, and weird oddities.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 108

Postby rainbowsprinklez » October 13th, 2022, 5:20 am

Here's an oldie, but a goodie :) You know, I'll stop clogging up here and redirect you to my youtube :)

Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 108

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 13th, 2022, 5:36 am

Cool! I am going to release the first level of my game in the next couple of weeks to show people what the game is going to look like! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » October 13th, 2022, 2:02 pm

That ending is what many fan games would look like.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 13th, 2022, 2:32 pm

Well good thing it won’t end at that! The level is beta attempt of the first level, Seaside Scramble. It starts out Jungle then slowly transforms into beach and DKC3 docks. The music is DK Island Swing in the jungle but when you get to the beach it switches to Stilt Village (GBA). Let me know what you think and feel free to come up with any ideas for this level or any of the levels! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 15th, 2022, 6:20 am

I didn’t do this, as it is far beyond my skill level, but I had never heard of this and I wanted to share it!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eFLlcIJupdw
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 16th, 2022, 8:03 am

What happened here? I cannot do anything in this glitch not even start select! Could someone explain this?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/peefsurjp78b9 ... r.mov?dl=0
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » October 26th, 2022, 7:28 am

What is this!!! :huh: :scratch:
Attempting to speedrun DKC2 again and guess what happened! I soft-locked the game in mainbrace mayhem! I don't know how!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/elfrnd3s7bt20 ... s.avi?dl=0
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » November 11th, 2022, 5:29 pm

New DKC1 Trick!
Step 1: Hold Barrel with Diddy
Step 2: Jump on Klump
Step 3: Release Barrel at Same Time
Step 4: :scratch:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » November 20th, 2022, 4:22 am

How do you do a moving hand slap? With DK, of course! I haven’t been able to do it. My best guess is that you press down and press a direction the same time you press y! I haven’t been able to do it. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » November 21st, 2022, 9:55 am

Was the Orangutan Gang to Manic Mincers warp developer-intended? :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » November 21st, 2022, 9:57 am

I also have a theory that is related to the Bleak Skip in DKC3, but in DKC2. Is it possible to take damage, fall into a cliff, press start at the exact frame and beat the level. Completely crazy theory, but I don’t think anyone has ever tried it! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » November 23rd, 2022, 6:52 pm

Cool slipside ride trick I found! Use the warp barrel, jump back into the exit warp barrel and soft-lock the game! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » November 28th, 2022, 2:53 pm

Klobber bust in DKC2 and then jump on the end target. Try the same with enemies. Also, the glitches you can make with tossing at something! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » December 10th, 2022, 5:45 am

I found a Ropey Rampage SJR! Have yet to time it. I’ll post a tutorial later.

Also, I found an improvement to any% in Pirate Panic! This breaks the world record of 20.87 seconds level time by 1.6 seconds! My ultra optimal tutorial is coming soon to DKCSpeedruns.com. My best level run with it so far is 19.21 seconds! If anyone wants, I’ll post a tutorial too as well.

Also, I finally squeezed of 46:11 in a DKC2 any% speed run! I’m finally happy with that, a deathless run!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » December 26th, 2022, 1:59 am

New trick! Cheat code in DKC3 I learned about! On a game save in the game select menu, press the top L and R buttons to access the cheat code menu. L R R L R R. Type in Color. Dixie will turn purple! Kiddy will turn a green-blue! Interestingly enough, this seems to be good for color-blind people. There were several on V0oid's stream the other day when he performed this trick. They also said that kiddy was much easier to see. I can only imagine Rare did this on purpose. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » December 28th, 2022, 3:35 pm

I found this awesome video! DKC2 Statue and Ghost. Glitch in Pirate Panic. Potentially applicable in other levels!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzJ04j-XFyA
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » December 29th, 2022, 4:29 pm

Thanks for sharing, Tanager. This video was quite neat, and I like how it's from the DKC Atlas' own YouTube channel. The two 15-minute ads before and after the video were also rather humorous, but only because I don't think 80 subscribers is enough to warrant ad revenue.

In any case, you can also use the YouTube BBCode to embed videos in your posts by pasting everything after the "watch?v=" part, like this:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » December 30th, 2022, 8:47 am

Thank you, Super Luigi! I was trying to figure out how to do that! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » December 30th, 2022, 8:53 am

Considering the ads, at least it generates the captain (qyzbud), some money! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 8th, 2023, 2:46 pm

Some new tricks I found while messing around. One of them is a really fast way to complete Pirate Panic backwards. I’ll post how if anyone wants. Another I can’t explain, it is related to the wrong warp in mainbrace mayhem. Potentially frame perfect. And another cool DKC2 trick I found a video about!

Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 9th, 2023, 8:16 am

Also, when a klick klack is reviving, you and it can’t interact. I found a weird glitch with this. Video coming soon! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » January 9th, 2023, 12:35 pm

I knew about the first half of the video, but not the rest. Thanks for sharing it, Tanager, and I look forward to your future ideas.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 11th, 2023, 1:54 pm

Creepy thing happened in Mainbrace Mayhem. I was beetle clashing and both beetles died. I was left holding an invisible object and I was able to throw objects around! Barrel rocketed off screen. Rats shot up into the air! It was probably frame perfect! I am going to post a video on this soon! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 12th, 2023, 9:01 am

In Pirate panic take the warp and roll left, roll optimally into the klobber and you are able to roll really far! Actually, you can make it to the kaboing/kritter way far away! Just a very fun trick I found! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 16th, 2023, 6:35 am

I’m just learning how to do this, and the video on YouTube shrunk resolution immensely.

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/iIvYqa6aVw0

EDIT: Just switch the footage quality to 720.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 16th, 2023, 6:48 am

Uploaded another video. New strats for IL world record. Description has possible fixes and improvements. Those I just haven’t precisely perfected in the small time I’ve allocated. The WR uses a frame perfect trick that eliminates the lag caused by the DK barrel explosion. That was by MikeKanis. Him and V0oid hold most of the IL (individual level) world records.

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/VuOXf7G5Gu0

Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 24th, 2023, 11:54 am

I still don't understand this beetle clashing glitch. Like I said before, it's probably frame-perfect and when I clashed, both beetles immediately died. Then I was able to manipulate the locations of various objects. Dixie and Diddy are both capable of it. You can spawn and throw bonus barrels, banana bunches, neeks, barrels and more. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 26th, 2023, 4:30 pm

New mainbrace mayhem wrong warp in the making! Using cannon instead of warp barrel!! I have gotten close. But not absolute perfection. Does anyone know how to enable the component loader in either Snes9x or Bsnes? :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 28th, 2023, 3:13 pm

New video! A new Lockjaw's Locker strat!

Let me know what you think! I think I did a good job! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » January 29th, 2023, 7:28 am

Rolling definitely seems the fastest way to go, but I liked seeing the other three too. Thanks for sharing this, Tanager.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 29th, 2023, 7:43 am

Thank you! :parry:

:EDIT: I don’t know if this was clear, but the rolling was the Neptune. Sometimes called luckjaw as well.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 30th, 2023, 2:12 pm

I've been experimenting to make a wrong warp in mainbrace mayhem! Rainbow Sprinklez, this might be your thing, but if it isn't don't worry about it. I'll figure it out eventually.

Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » January 31st, 2023, 5:53 am

I hope you solve this problem soon, and I liked the music you used.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 31st, 2023, 10:18 am

Thanks! Is the music that you’re referring to Bonus Time (GBA)? Or is it all of the music in the video? I just have a massive collection of Donkey Kong and Dave Wise music and remixes. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Super Luigi! » January 31st, 2023, 4:23 pm

I was referring to all of the music you used, but Bonus Time (GBA) was the funniest.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » January 31st, 2023, 7:15 pm

Thanks! I thought it was way more fun than bayou boogie! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » February 8th, 2023, 10:13 am

Nice glitch by Rainbow Sprinklez! I can’t explain it one bit! Maybe he can, though!

I was amazed and so excited when I saw this. This glitch is incredible!!! And inconceivable at the same time. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » February 9th, 2023, 3:05 pm

I somehow got Rambi in Bouncy Bonanza! I grabbed Winky, went back in, opened winky in the chamber, then dismounted and I was left with Rambi?! I did this in Dixie Kong Country, so that may be the culprit. No offense, Rainbow Sprinklez! You did a great job with your hack! Also, I think I may have an outdated version of it. The videos today seem to have fixed the sprites where Diddy shows up with a Dixie color palette. Like the mine cart.
Screenshot (286).png
Dixie riding Rambi?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby WesternTanager794 » February 10th, 2023, 7:45 am

I have established that the frame perfect beetle clashing is indeed frame perfect! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Next

Return to General DKC Discussion