Donkey Humps Himself Ostrich Style :P

Post in here to discuss any glitches you have discovered for Donkey Kong Country...
Please create a new topic for each unique glitch, and explain how it is performed (if known).

Donkey Humps Himself Ostrich Style :P

Postby The Kirby » May 8th, 2008, 3:58 am

This is basically the same glitch as the "Donkey Humps a Metal Donkey" in Jungle Hijinx with Rambi, except you do this one with Expresso at Orang-utan Gang...

Hot Ostrich Action!.PNG
Four screenshots, from left to right
Hot Ostrich Action!.PNG (75.66 KiB) Viewed 15018 times

There are a couple notable differences with this particular glitch compared to the Jungle Hijinx one:

1. If you continue to hold the Y-button after you throw the steel keg, Expresso will "hold" the keg while you're riding him. The Rambi version of this glitch does this too, but Rambi will destroy the keg before you get much of a chance to carry it around. Also, you can touch enemies with the keg, and it'll kill them (and destroy the keg.)

2. The Donkey/Diddy that you ride after releasing the Y-button is a different color than the one in Jungle Hijinx. It's probably because of a combination of the weird palette effects in Orang-utan Gang and Expresso's different palette from Rambi's.

PS: Don't ask why I decided to attempt this glitch on this tiny little ledge when I could have used the trees to the right. :shock:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 5

Re: Donkey Humps Himself Ostrich Style :P

Postby Kiddy14 » May 9th, 2008, 11:37 am

Seems this glitch can be done with all the animal buddies. I can imagine a red-green Donkey xD
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Stone » May 9th, 2008, 9:59 pm

If I were at home, I'd immediatly try to find a level with Winky and a steel keg. :mrgreen:
Is it right that I would have to use this fine "Take animal buddies to other levels" glitch?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Qyzbud » May 10th, 2008, 12:42 am

Yeah, take Winky into Jungle Hijinxs and give it a whirl... then post some screenshots! :D
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Cody » May 12th, 2008, 4:07 pm

I had actually tried it a few days ago but forgot to post in this thread :P

No clue why DK is so far up, though.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Re: Donkey Humps Himself *Frog* Style

Postby Qyzbud » May 12th, 2008, 4:17 pm

Haha, very nice.

I do wonder why he's perched up like that... Winky's one of the lower-profile mounts in the game, so that's a bit odd. I'll have to try it out and see what's going on.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Cody » May 12th, 2008, 7:39 pm

I was in the middle of the air when I still let go of 'Y'. Seems like I purposely did that so you could get a full glimpse at Winky DK, but I didn't. :o

I'll provide more screenshots later. :geek:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Return to DKC Glitches