From Rocket Rush to Doorstep Dash glitch

Post in here to discuss any glitches you have discovered for Donkey Kong Country 3...
Please create a new topic for each unique glitch, and explain how it is performed (if known).

From Rocket Rush to Doorstep Dash glitch

Postby Erevan » November 9th, 2017, 7:16 pm

At the beggining I started in Rocket Rush level and once I got out from the rocket, I went upward and suddenly I was in Doorstep Dash. Honestly I don't know how I did, but according to some hypothesis from other forums, either it requires less than 1 or 2 bumps to succeed that glitch. Also the song is Creepy Caverns in that level.

Here are the pictures from Doorstep Dash.

Doorstep_Dash_Normal_.jpg
Normal start in Doorstep Dash
Doorstep_Dash_Normal_.jpg (143.51 KiB) Viewed 26970 times
Doorstep_Dash_Start_.jpg
Start at the glitchy Doorstep Dash from Rocket Rush
Doorstep_Dash_Start_.jpg (102.71 KiB) Viewed 26970 times
Doorstep_Dash_rope_.jpg
The rope isn't usable
Doorstep_Dash_rope_.jpg (133.25 KiB) Viewed 26970 times
Newcomer

Re: From Rocket Rush to Doorstep Dash glitch

Postby OneOf99 » November 10th, 2017, 9:04 am

What do you mean by bumps? As in bumping the cartridge?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Erevan » November 10th, 2017, 4:55 pm

To answer to your question, hum, I think it's while I control the rocket and when I'm on the top of a red buzz to burn, the rocket tends to bump.

Edit: I found that video about that glitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFqPPQULSEQ
To be able to go on that level, just star with Dixie alone in Rocket Rush, take DK barrel then change to Kiddy prior to get in the rocket-barrel.
Newcomer

Postby Super Luigi! » November 11th, 2017, 3:45 am

This is certainly interesting, Erevan. Thank you for sharing this.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby WesternTanager794 » November 28th, 2022, 2:17 pm

I found this glitch too! It causes a bit of damage everything now and then. But nothing major, just losing game saves occasionally. I think you have to enter the level with one kong and then switch kongs and then beat the level! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Erevan » November 28th, 2022, 7:28 pm

Also I tested that glitch before to pass that level, once you're inside of the glitched level you can leave pressing start and select. Normal background as usual.

On the other hand, while K Rool's submarine appears,I tested that glitch again and I cannot leave. Everywhere is red like in Krematoa levels.(ref: the first pics at the beginning)
Newcomer

Postby WesternTanager794 » November 29th, 2022, 4:10 pm

DKC3 doesn't have really any glitches! This is the only one I know of! I assume it was because Rareware was getting more and more efficient with SNES programming. I cannot explain this glitch. But your investigation (i.e Krematoa) is interesting! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Return to DKC3 Glitches