The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby spaceman2028 » June 21st, 2016, 2:08 pm

LOL, Diddy looks EVEN WORSE without his lower jaw! It looks like some kind of P.T. robot!

speaking of robots what is that slenderman/mouse contraption that scott just created

Other than that it looks OK I suppose, could of been a little better but then again it's an OLD model!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Chibisai Kong » June 21st, 2016, 2:45 pm

Ok.

Who let Satan turn up the thermostat in Texas?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Markster » July 8th, 2016, 11:45 am

I recently learned C# programming, so I put together this demo in Unity. It runs through HTML5, so you don't need to download it. :swanky: http://gamejolt.com/games/unity-c-tech-demo/163121
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Phyreburnz » August 26th, 2016, 12:21 pm

Hey guys. Long time no see.

I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm selling t-shirts with goofy cartoons on them. I joined a site called redbubble. There's my page. So far, I just have three designs up, but there will be more! There's t shirts, but also a bunch of other stuff, too, like laptop cases and stuff.

By the way, guys, I'd really appreciate it if you'd tell me what you think about my cartoons. I've really appreciated your feedback for my custom sprites and I'd love to see what you have to say about this stuff.

Here's my personal favorite design (so far)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Super Luigi! » September 3rd, 2016, 6:44 am

I'm starting to think that I should just stay away from this site. However, now that my busy summer and school preparation are over, I shall still visit here every so often. Until next time, may we all have a great day!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby OneOf99 » September 4th, 2016, 2:17 am

Why would you ever want to leave???

Oh yeah, need a random thought... uh... quickly uh...

I think that while Metroid Prime Federation Force isn't a bad game, it came at a bad time.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Super Luigi! » September 10th, 2016, 6:38 am

You might be onto something there. Also, Pikmin 3DS and Chibi-Robo should not be platformers.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby OneOf99 » September 11th, 2016, 11:29 pm

Righto. For Pikmin we need the 4th one to feature one character only, with all pikmin types at once (but some can't go to certain areas, ie snow is too cold for red pikmin, or desert dries out blue pikmin)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Super Luigi! » September 22nd, 2016, 6:34 am

That is an interesting idea, although I'm not sure about the snow being too cold for Red Pikmin. They were certainly warm enough to survive before. The desert could also have an oasis for the blue Pikmin to be.

Just so you know, I'm busy with schoolwork for most of the week, which is why I'm not around most of the time, but I do still attend Kong Kollege here.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby OneOf99 » September 22nd, 2016, 8:22 am

Well remember to tell K. Rool. to do his homework when you see him!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Super Luigi! » September 23rd, 2016, 12:00 am

I don't see him around here anymore. As I remember, he was fed up with the current state of the world and how he was treated and ended up just leaving altogether. Then again, maybe he's hiding to prepare his big comeback? One can only hope and push for it to be true.

Aren't you famous, or do I feel that way because we're both here on the Atlas and I've seen your name several times? I'm almost certain you have accomplished some major deed here or abroad.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby OneOf99 » September 23rd, 2016, 4:56 am

Who? Me? I haven't done anything noteworthy in my life other than passing all of my high school classes. I do spend a lot of time around here though.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Super Luigi! » September 23rd, 2016, 6:41 am

I see. Well, maybe you're just famous to me because we're both here. In any case, I wish you the best.

As for another random thought, I love this site, even if its heyday seems long gone. Perhaps one day, we will all join together and sing our DKC songs of praise? We can only hope.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Jomingo » September 23rd, 2016, 2:25 pm

I just randomly decided to visit this website after a few years away, and one of the active topics is this one: which was started by me EIGHT YEARS AGO. Wow, time really flies fast!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Super Luigi! » September 24th, 2016, 7:10 am

I'm not so sure. Looking back, time always seems to fly by, since we don't remember all that we've done. However, those eight years were the standard length, and I personally felt every day of them.

In any case, it's nice to see you again, Jomingo. Perhaps we will meet again somewhere, somehow? We certainly can hope.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Markster » October 16th, 2016, 11:06 am

You guys have been awesome, but I need to get something out there.

I love DKC, I always will, but I really don't have much to contribute to this forum anymore. I don't make DKC hacks or projects anymore, I've kinda moved on to my own IP. I am currently working on my next game, not another MA by the way, no worries. :lol: Since I don't have much to contribute anymore, I most likely won't be on here anymore, so I guess this is farewell.

I wish you all the best of luck! :thumbs:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby OneOf99 » October 16th, 2016, 12:15 pm

No don't leave! You can always just hang around and have fun anytime you want! Just because you don't make DKC stuff doesn't mean you don't belong here, this is a place for DKC fans to get together.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Super Luigi! » October 20th, 2016, 5:14 am

As someone who isn't as active as before, I can agree. Although I have been busy with college work, I still remember the Atlas, and I will always hold that memory close to my heart. This site helped me through tough and foggy times, and I shall never forget it. Thank you, Team Qyzbud, for all of your hard work and dedication over the last eight years. At least in this sense, you truly are heroes to children everywhere.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby JadeRose » December 13th, 2016, 8:27 pm

Decided to visit the forums after a few months of being away. Still one of my favorite places to be.
Tourist
Bananas received 13

Postby Blaziken257 » December 23rd, 2016, 3:51 pm

Nintendo seems really aggressive about fan creations of their franchises in the past year or two. There have been many takedowns lately, and the most recent is an ambitious Pokémon ROM hack called Pokémon Prism which had been in development for about eight years. It makes me worry if Nintendo will be aggressive about Donkey Kong fan creations one day. Anybody in this forum who has done anything creative with Donkey Kong (such as ROM hacks, new games, or even fan fiction, etc.), or enjoys such creative works, should be worried. I don't think Nintendo has paid attention to anything Donkey Kong related, but someday, it might happen...

And if anybody at Nintendo who is responsible for these takedowns is reading this, you are completely out of touch with reality. You are screwing over your most loyal fans by doing this. You have already made incredibly dumb decisions in recent years (such as not putting any effort in promoting the Wii U to make it successful, as well as severely underproducing everything that you manufacture), and the last thing you need is to alienate fans that you earned since the 1980s and 1990s. Just because you have the legal right to enforce your IP, doesn't mean that you should do what you have been doing. It only seems to have gotten worse in recent years.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby Chibisai Kong » January 1st, 2017, 3:14 pm

*leg slowly rises in the distance*

Hello, friends. Hope everyone had a good winter holiday.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Blaziken257 » February 22nd, 2017, 3:53 pm

Today (February 21) is the 3rd anniversary of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. That means that I got a Wii U three years ago from today. Since I've had a Wii U for three years now, I feel that now is the time for me to reflect on this dying console.

Initially, I had no interest in the Wii U. It barely had many games that were worth buying a new console for. It wasn't until E3 2013 when there was a game for it that I wanted -- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (and I believe that Mario Kart 8 was revealed for the first time back then if I recall correctly). So when DKC:TF came out on February 21, 2014, I got that game along with a Wii U (mine was bundled with New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U, so I instantly had three games for it). I also got a Wii U Pro Controller on that same day, which ended up working well for DKC:TF.

I enjoyed it a lot and I felt that it was worth getting a Wii U for, even with the rather high price tag. I realized that the Wii U had always done poorly in sales, but I felt that it was due to the lack of promotion rather than the lack of games. Then Mario Kart 8 came out about three months later, and I enjoyed that a lot too. For a while, it gave me hope that the Wii U would start to do better. Soon after that, E3 2014 happened, and a lot of people were seemingly impressed with many of the games -- I was particularly interested in Splatoon (a brand new IP from Nintendo at the time, which shows that they tried something new for once), as well as Super Mario Maker (something that I had wanted to see for about a decade by that point). I wasn't too thrilled with amiibo though, but I didn't care about it as much initially. And by the end of the year, Super Smash Bros. came out, which was also a great Wii U game (despite starting a trend of relying on amiibo for some dumb reason). All in all, 2014 was a great year for the Wii U, and at the time, I thought it was just getting started, and that 2015 would be even better. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

2015 started out OK for the Wii U, with Splatoon coming out in early summer late spring at the end of May, and I enjoyed the turf wars and other shooting modes, despite that I rarely play shooters (the continuous free DLC also helped). And by this point, E3 2015 had been approaching soon. I felt that there was a lot of hype for it, partly because E3 2014 was great for Nintendo (and I felt that E3 2013 was too, thanks to DKC:TF), and Nintendo also made a big deal out of it. I was particularly hoping for a follow up to Animal Crossing: New Leaf, a 3DS game that I spent many hours on, and I'm sure that others were hoping for it too. Lots of people were also hoping for a new Metroid game. But as it turned out, Nintendo managed to troll everybody who had high hopes. There was an Animal Crossing game for the Wii U, but instead of it being a sequel to New Leaf, we got an awful spin-off that relied heavily on amiibo and was a clone of Mario Party (as if we need more of those). I realized that there would never be a true AC game for the Wii U upon this reveal, and it really bummed me out. It didn't help that I was fed up with amiibo by this point, which has always felt like a desperate cash-grab to make up for poor Wii U sales (which wouldn't have happened in the first place if Nintendo put any effort into marketing it). And Nintendo did reveal a Metroid game for the first time in five years... but it was a spin-off for the 3DS which supposedly didn't feel much like Metroid.

Basically, all of the games that I had been looking forward to by this point were games that were already revealed in E3 2014 (Super Mario Maker and Star Fox Zero, and I ended up playing the former much more than the latter). After those games came out, I knew that the Wii U was already going to be dead (though I had been looking forward to Yooka-Laylee back when I thought it would be coming out for the Wii U). At this point, the Wii U hadn't even been three years old yet (and I had only owned one for about a year), and I felt that the peak point had already passed about a year earlier. Combined with the fact that the Switch (then called NX) had already been hinted at, I was really bothered that Nintendo killed off the Wii U early without any attempt to salvage it. I can't think of anything else that died so early -- even the GameCube and Wii lasted longer than this. I mean, the 3DS did poorly initially, but at least Nintendo managed to save that with a price drop and a bunch of games by the holiday season (and there are still games coming out for it today, even though the 3DS came out almost two years before the Wii U!). Nintendo didn't make any such effort with the Wii U, and it made me feel like Nintendo didn't care about people who spent their money on a Wii U. Just like Sega back in the 1990s when they killed off their systems early too (not that I owned any of them).

So, yeah. Those are my thoughts on the Wii U. I'm at least glad to have played what few games it did have, but Nintendo really could have put more effort into supporting it, and I didn't like that I only got about a year and a half's worth of enjoyment out of it. It made the GameCube look like the NES or even the Wii in terms of sales, which is really unfortunate. Here's hoping that the Switch ends up better... but it's too early to tell. For the record, I don't plan on getting a Switch anytime soon, though I may change my mind during E3 2017 (which I hope ends up better than the previous two, and I hope we see a new DKC game this time!).

PS: I'm glad that DKC:TF came out before amiibo did, otherwise Nintendo would made done the highly questionable decision of locking levels or characters behind a paywall, which would have required DK series amiibo to unlock. That would have really sucked. I'm glad that once I paid for DKC:TF, I didn't have to shell out extra money to unlock levels already on the disc, unlike the case with many other Wii U games!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby Geno » March 12th, 2017, 2:48 am

Hi everyone. Remember me?

It's been a while since I've last been on here, which makes me feel sad :dixiecry:
I think I stopped going on here so often because, it seems a lot less active than it used to be around here, though I still fondly remember summer of 2013 (2014?) where it was, in fact, VERY active here, and I had a lot of fun posting with everybody
At least I'll be around much more often in the next few days, as Dropbox, the site I was using to add images to my post, is removing the "Public Folder" feature that I have used since I started my online escapades 5-6 years ago, so now I gotta re-upload all that stuff to a different site (already done), and then go through all my posts and repair everything, as the thought of my internet history getting deleted due to a sudden decision beyond my control scares me

Let's hope, by the time that shared file functionality is fully removed, I'll be like :thumbs: , and not like :shakehead:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Geno » March 14th, 2017, 12:13 pm

Well, I fixed all my linked files, so now my legacy on this site won't be destroyed

This place REALLY doesn't seem very active AT ALL anymore... going through my old posts and fixing the links reminded me of all the good times I had here, and it's a shame this place seems to be just a shell of it's former self

I wonder who else ever comes here anymore??

I'll try to check up on here more frequently....
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby OneOf99 » March 14th, 2017, 1:55 pm

People do come here, it is just a matter of being here when others are around. The chat is fairly active at times, I suggest you check there if you want to talk. There are several ongoing projects too, but it is hard being part of a relatively small fanbase in this world.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Super Luigi! » March 31st, 2017, 6:04 am

I keep getting so used to a schedule away from the Atlas, that I eventually decided not to return. However, then there are days like today where I think, "No! I must go back, even if the site is much quieter!" Seeing a celebrity like yourself, dear Geno, is a wonderful occasion. If you or anyone else ever need me, just send me a PM. I will do my best to stay with and support this great site.

Also, you're one in a million, Sir/Madame OneOf99. Thank you for sticking by.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » April 4th, 2017, 7:01 am

On a related note, although I will do my best to revisit the DKC Atlas throughout life, I am busy this week. Once again, feel free to PM me, if need be.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby MatiZ » April 4th, 2017, 5:51 pm

I can't wait for Yooka-Laylee! I'm going to buy physical PC version soon. I hope my system specifications will handle the game.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 85

Postby Markster » April 5th, 2017, 1:34 pm

I'll probably buy Yooka-Laylee this summer, as long as it's as good as DK64 and Banjo.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think under the part of the DKC2 ROM that says "RarewareA Thief" is where the anti piracy code is located, I tested it. Makes since. :diddy-r:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Super Luigi! » April 7th, 2017, 5:01 am

At some point in my life, I will probably play Yooka-Laylee. For now, however, I am alright without it.

Oceans.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Phyreburnz » April 7th, 2017, 7:45 am

I backed Yooka-Laylee because I was just so damned excited to see the old Rareware team want to make a game like that. I'll be getting a physical PS4 copy as my reward for backing. I just can't wait!!!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Super Luigi! » April 9th, 2017, 2:06 pm

I say you can never go wrong in loving a good friend who is also very intelligent and attractive.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby OneOf99 » April 10th, 2017, 7:56 am

Yooka-Laylee? I was interested until they dropped JonTron for stupid reasons (ie his extremist political views). Now I definitely won't buy it, never was a big Banjo-Kazooie fan myself (I prefer DK).

And as for me talking about the chat being active, ofc nobody was on it while I was away for a week. I just must be so damn popular hahaha look at me I'm funny har har har
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Phyreburnz » April 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

It is totally reasonable that they dropped him. I'm glad they did. When you're running a business like that, you can't take gambles by having somebody who says racist things like that take part. Companies do that all the time. Take a look at all the advertisers that have pulled out of Bill O'Reilly for all of the crap he's said. You don't want to have your brand name associated with stuff like that. It's no good.

I love the comedy that Jon does, but I was sorely disappointed when he decided to be a racist d-bag. Honestly, I'm still considering unsubscribing for that.

Even if theoretically I supported what Jon said, I'd still buy the game. I backed it because I LOVE Rareware and their games and was psyched to see a new 3d platformer. I was so excited that I was counting down the days until they opened the kickstarter to back it as soon as humanly possibly.

In other news... Yooka-Laylee nails!!!

Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby MatiZ » April 11th, 2017, 9:30 pm

Nice! Today I was searching for the game and didn't find it. I searched few popular electronic shops and nothing. On websities I can buy only console version and digital PC, but I want psychical PC version.

[EDIT]
Well, yesterday I decided to buy Steam version. I think there's no psychical PC version yet. I played it and it's wonderful! On my Nvidia GTX560 I have solid 60fps (even got almost on the top of first world to make sure), but not on max settings. I spotted only one difference - drawing distance of shadows. I play in average settings, when shadows are rendered only close up.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 85

Postby Super Luigi! » April 15th, 2017, 3:29 am

From what I know, JonTron wasn't prepared for the debate and said some things that didn't accurately reflect his views. That's what I think based on one of his videos, anyway.

Is it a bad thing to think that Dixie is beautiful, Diddy is handsome, and both of them are wonderful? I don't think so.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby OneOf99 » April 15th, 2017, 4:47 am

It's a shame they dropped the JonTron cameo for political reasons. I won't be getting the game cause of that, I'm a big fan of his...

Is anyone here excited for Fire Emblem: Shadows Over Valentia? Because I sure am!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Phyreburnz » April 15th, 2017, 12:10 pm

He literally said "rich black men commit more crime than poor whites." If you're mad at Playtonic for dropping Jon, maybe you should take a look at why they dropped him.

It's definitely not because of political reasons.

You can't expect people to be hunky-dory with having a somebody who spouts racist things on your team.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby OneOf99 » April 16th, 2017, 2:09 am

I mean if statistics prove it... then it's not really racist is it? Besides, he wasn't on their team. He was just a cameo (all it was was him doing voice acting for a minor side-character). But hey, what is me saying this going to do? Probably just trigger even more people...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Phyreburnz » April 16th, 2017, 3:12 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: If statistics prove it????? Are you effing kidding me?!?!?!?!?!?!

Please, dear mother of god, do some damn research before you try to assert such absolute nonsense!!!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby OneOf99 » April 16th, 2017, 4:46 am

1. All I said was that if statistics prove it, a statement is not really racist.
2. I am unable to find statistics to prove or disprove the statement, therefor neither of us can really make an argument in this case. I wasn't clear (now that I read what I wrote, it does really sound like I meant the statement you posted.), I just meant his statements as a whole.
3. What else that he said could be called even slightly racist? I listened to the whole thing (by the way SuperLuigi it wasn't a debate, if anything he just overstepped his bounds).
4. I have to agree that I would rather not know his political views. However, I guess that since he has put them out there they are up for discussion. Maybe we can create a new thread for this, as I feel like the random thoughts topic should bring everyone together.

by the way, you won't find statistics for such things anywhere. People will "quote" them, but they aren't collected by the government for fear of being called racist. Such is the world we live in, anyways.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Kingizor » April 16th, 2017, 5:42 am

Try to keep things civil yo. :funky:

The statement "GroupA commits more crime than groupB" could be unreliable based on interpretation of the statement.

It might depend on how you measure crime. Consider situations where someone commits a relatively minor crime (e.g. Keep off the grass), but doesn't realise that they have committed a crime, or a situation where authorities know a crime has taken place, but cannot prove who the perpetrator was.

So data on crimes committed is very difficult to collect in this manner, but there are other means and measurements that are easier to do.

Several seconds of Googling led me to wiki, which shows a table displaying statistics for prison population vs. general population split by race. Said table referenced to a study found here. Glancing at other pages on the site, their data including prison populations seems to be based on census data.

The factor of wealth would probably be incredibly difficult to gather reliably, so probably not going to find (m)any studies with that kind of data.

But anyway, the linked study seems to indicate that certain groups are more likely to be incarcerated than others.

There could be lots of reasons for such an imbalance.
• GroupX is more likely to be prosecuted than another group
• GroupX is more likely to be caught than another group
• GroupX is more predisposed towards crime because background/poverty/prejudice/genetics

There are also caveats to using incarceration to measure crime in general. Consider that someone of groupA commits 1000 crimes but escapes conviction, against someone of groupB who commits a single crime and does get convicted; census data would only count the convicted person despite the crime rate heavily leaning in the other direction.

It's possible that some people who are incarcerated have committed many crimes, while others may have only committed a single crime. We can probably assume that incarceration does not necessarily directly correlate to the number of crimes committed.

It's also possible for people for a persons group to change or be misreported (e.g. The Michael Jackson Effect). We're living in (or approaching) a time where people can change gender arbitrarily, so perhaps the same situation could apply to other group distinctions in the future, which would in turn make all this comparison either meaningless or a bit more difficult.

All it takes is one bad link in a chain of a study for things to fall apart, which makes assumptions very dangerous things indeed. The assumptions here are that:

• The study didn't make any mistakes, fudge data or abuse their methodology
• The data they used for their study wasn't unreliable or flawed in the first place

There are tests for verifying the validity of a hypothesis, but they're not completely foolproof either. To be completely sure we'd have to redo the study from the ground up or perhaps do a study of the study.

Regardless of what empirical data might suggest, it's probably an unwise thing for someone to exclaim with no context. It's quite possible the person who said it had no idea what they were talking about and was repeating something they heard elsewhere like a game of Chinese whispers, or perhaps they made an assumption based on something else.

At any rate, I don't know the reasons or motives involved so I couldn't possibly begin to speculate. Blanket racism is one possibility but there could be others. Who is this "Jon Tron" anyway? Some kind of scientist perhaps?

Perhaps if he had said "people of groupA were more likely to be incarcerated than people of groupB based on x study using y data from 2010", people wouldn't be so angry at him.

As for numbers of crimes committed, we might never know...
Trailblazer
Bananas received 77

Postby OneOf99 » April 16th, 2017, 6:24 am

Once again, Kingizor posts something that I could never be eloquent enough to say. You are right when you say that such data is hard to collect, I think that problem also stems from the fact that our judicial system is unfair (towards all) at times.

As for JonTron, he is a youtuber that has ~3 million subscribers. I listened to ~75% of the whole conversation he had with some right-ist people, and I have to say that although he came off as extrememly rightwards biased, nothing he said can be found as directly racist (ie "we are better than them because of skin color").

Even if he had said something racist, I still think that Playtonic should not have gotten rid of the cameo. I believe in full diversity of opinion (unlike a certain company), even if that opinion includes racism. How people will react to said opinions is another thing.

EDIT: by the way, Phyreburnz. I'm not saying the Yooka-Laylee is a bad game (heck, I can't cause I haven't played it) or that the developers are stupid or anything like that. I just won't get it because they removed a cameo that is important to me. Besides, I never was a big fan of Banjo-Kazooie so it's not like it was a huge game-changer for me, just a seal-the-deal kinda thing.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Kingizor » April 16th, 2017, 6:51 am

It's probably a good idea for people like him to keep on topic not to alienate their fanbase. I had to stop watching a certain tech channel because the host was spending an increasing amount of time whining about how much he hates Christmas trees every damn week.

YL's position is probably to avoid controversy as much as possible, especially so close to their launch. It's not really fair for their own reputation to be damaged by someone barely connected to them. They could always patch it back or something in when the heat dies down.

I haven't been following Yooka Laylee's development at all, but I've heard some general buzzing in a lot of directions over the past few days and so far it seems overwhelmingly positive.

I suppose I'd better finish Banjo first... :?
Trailblazer
Bananas received 77

Postby OneOf99 » April 16th, 2017, 7:03 am

I don't think anyone even knew that he had said his opinions until YL took away his cameo.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby thetoad11 » April 19th, 2017, 1:19 pm

OneOf99 wrote:[...] I believe in full diversity of opinion (unlike a certain company), even if that opinion includes racism.[...]

You're a straight white male, aren't you?

While respecting the opinions of others is generally a reasonable thing to do, opinions which disrespect the existence of other people, especially entire groups of people, should be challenged and fought. No one wants to feel like garbage because of something they literally have no control over, and racism should be viewed as inexcusable. I think dropping JonTron was without a doubt the right decision. Racism should not be condoned, and people need to learn that.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 50

Postby OneOf99 » April 23rd, 2017, 6:20 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVcz5cgUbbA

Here is his response, he said that al lot of what he said was dissected way too far and that some stuff he said was in the heat of the moment, and then he clarified what point he was trying to make (pretty much what SuperLuigi noted earlier).
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Super Luigi! » April 25th, 2017, 9:24 am

^That is indeed the video I was talking about earlier, OneOf99. I probably should have added it to my post. Oh well.

In other news, I recently completed Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie, and Donkey Kong 64 again. I miss them already, but I must continue to live and succeed. Perhaps we'll meet again someday?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby OneOf99 » April 25th, 2017, 12:06 pm

To be honest (and this opinion will upset a lot of people), I am not a fan of the n64 era. SM64, DK64, and Ocarina of Time are very low among my list of top games. It most likely is because I didn't grow up with those games, I made a jump from SNES to Wii so I lost a lot their. Then again, I always am very critical of games whether or not need be. This probably caused my lack of interest in Yooka-Laylee.

I other news...
Has anyone here gotten Fire Emblem Echoes? I heard that it wasn't as good as some thought, and now I feel unprepared to put money forth to buy it...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes