Donkey Kong Country Returns with SNES sounds

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Donkey Kong Country Returns with SNES sounds

Postby MrDKfan » March 22nd, 2016, 1:53 pm

yo guys, i´m new here, my name´s MrDKFan,
i have been playing DKC since i´m four (i´m an adult on his twenties)
this was the series that made me a gamer. i am a big fan of this series. i have the original trilogy an the Retro Studios games
well, enough talk.

i was bored and suddenly this came to my mind, i picked DKCR and recorded it with a capture card, and i replaced all sound with SNES sound effects and music.

i used sounds from the 3 original games, and i want to show the result to all you DK fans.

my fanatism did this work and it was hard, i had to use multiple editors to put the sound correctly. because sony vegas was so retarded that it didn´t rendered some sounds on the timeline. but i finally finished it and here is the result
https://youtu.be/OzsL4dblTcU

i hope you like it
PD: the puzzle pieces sound and the heart sound are unused ones that are found on the original one´s code
Newcomer
Bananas received 2

Re: Donkey Kong Country Returns with SNES sounds

Postby Jeffrey_Bones » March 22nd, 2016, 2:24 pm

Pretty good! Very very convincing!!! The only critic i can give is that you forgot to assign a sound to the giant pillars falling. Other than that it seems near perfect! Good job! :thumbs:

Also, welcome to DKC Atlas, im sure you'll love it here!
Trailblazer
Bananas received 104

Postby MatiZ » March 22nd, 2016, 6:12 pm

The sound of heart and puzzle piece is too loud. Otherwise, it's awesome! :thumbs: It reminds me of how the levels were short in 90s DKC games and here are so long, that you can listen Jungle Groove twice.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 85

Postby OneOf99 » March 23rd, 2016, 10:33 am

Dude, this is amazing. There should be a full mod for this!!!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks