The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby MatiZ » August 19th, 2015, 2:42 am

I almost forgot about my model of Diddy. So far I didn't understand the rules of rendering in Softimage so I moved the object file to Blender. It's much easer to add light, shadows and more. The problem is that the model suffered and it looks worse. It has less details and is not smoothed. Time to watch the tutorial and improve the model.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 85

Postby Super Luigi! » August 19th, 2015, 8:04 am

By the way, while I was gone, I discovered the power of blankets. Over the course of many months, I learned how to join forces with these fabrics and achieve a common goal. All is well now.

Thank you, Phyreburnz.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Chibisai Kong » August 22nd, 2015, 4:09 pm

Space makes some good points there. On the subject of the circles in Golden Freddy's eyes, I think 8-Bit Gaming/Razzbowski theorized they cold be his original eyes.

Also, hi, SuperLuigi!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby spaceman2028 » August 22nd, 2015, 5:16 pm

Few things i missed:

1. Nightmare Fredbear has some odd red hue inside of his mouth. Not on the roots of his teeth, but inside of his head, back at where his jaw supposedly connects.
2. If you look above BB's head and behind the arms of FNAF 1 Bonnie and Toy Bonnie, there appears to be some kind of strange wiring.
3. Prior to the ending of the last standard night in FNAF 4, it could have been quite possible that Withered Chica could actually have been a canidate for the bite of 87. If you notice, her jaw is in a very bad and broken condition, and it looks like it opens up enough for a human head to get stuck inside of it and become bitten off.
4. Though nobody else seems to be corncerned by it and it seems to just be me that's getting bothered by it, Plushtrap has some kind of endoskeleton head inside of his, as evident by him having a second jaw hidden within the first.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Chibisai Kong » August 26th, 2015, 6:22 am

Scott's apparently hinting at what's to come for the Halloween DLC---I mean UPDATE!

Also, he says MatPat's theory on FNAF 2 was almost spot on... maybe he was more right than I thought on that theory of his.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby MatiZ » September 1st, 2015, 4:47 pm

It is good to follow the creators of DKC on Twitter:

Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 85

Postby Qyzbud » September 2nd, 2015, 12:15 am

Yep, those are pretty great. I might have to start adding them to our gallery!

A little piece of history, each and every graphic ♥
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby thetoad11 » September 8th, 2015, 11:09 am

I honestly 100% should have seen that coming, because every other things that has ended like that, I've been ready for it, but this one took me by surprise, somehow.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 50

Postby spaceman2028 » September 10th, 2015, 12:59 pm

BlueTronic LOL
MatiZ/Qyzbud Nice look into the past of DK prior to his first trek through the isles!
Chibisai Kong Indeed, my friend! And it's apparent that he's hiding something in the latest teaser as well, from what I've noticed so far. It's gotten a little bit blurry and the colors have changed a little since i last saw the image(specifically for Nightmare Bonnie and Springtrap), but besides that, can you notice something else out of the blue with the image that's different from it's first version?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby spaceman2028 » September 11th, 2015, 1:04 pm

Well it seems nobody found what i was talking about in my above post so i'll give you guys a hint. It's in the area at the right of the image, and now Scott has updated the page with another one for some reason.

By the way, i may not have noticed this beforehand, but something's up with Withered Bonnie's left foot-like the strange electrical wire above BB's head, the left foot for Withered Bonnie looks like it has wires hanging out.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby MatiZ » September 11th, 2015, 4:38 pm

Yeah, I noticed that he changed two endoskeletons to less scary.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 85

Postby spaceman2028 » September 12th, 2015, 4:07 am

Yeah, he's been doing that for a while, brightening the blue auora in the background, discoloring the image, lowering the hue of the "Thank You!" message, and changing the design of the image one piece at a time. For example, look behind Toy Bonnie and in front of Golden Freddy. Is that what i think it is?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby MatiZ » September 12th, 2015, 5:25 am

Whoa, I didn't know it! Could be the teaser of the next game or dlc?
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 85

Postby spaceman2028 » September 12th, 2015, 12:25 pm

I dunno, but the fact it resembles both a famous character and a toy animatronic in design, and that it has Golden Freddy's microphone(a trait not too many people seem to have noticed) might signify that is has something very important to do with the FNAF storyline.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby JadeRose » September 15th, 2015, 9:32 am

spaceman2028 wrote:Yeah, he's been doing that for a while, brightening the blue auora in the background, discoloring the image, lowering the hue of the "Thank You!" message, and changing the design of the image one piece at a time. For example, look behind Toy Bonnie and in front of Golden Freddy. Is that what i think it is?

O_O

How are people not noticing this? Then again, I haven't kept up on fnaf news for a little while, so... yeah.
Tourist
Bananas received 13

Postby Chibisai Kong » September 15th, 2015, 1:50 pm

JJ/Ballon Girk #CONFIRMED!

Also, didn't think Balloon Boy could get more terrifying? Think again...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby spaceman2028 » September 16th, 2015, 2:57 am

FOX!

Also, glad that JJ is coming back.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Chibisai Kong » September 17th, 2015, 8:42 am

WITHERED BONNIE! LOOK AT WITHERED BONNIE!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby spaceman2028 » September 18th, 2015, 11:06 am

He looks sick! And also still a little creepy, probably even MORE than his original counterpart...

EPIC UPDATE:

LOOK AT IT AROIUHGOAISDHGOIAHDSFIAHFOAEIHGOIGHEWOEWH
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Chibisai Kong » September 18th, 2015, 1:25 pm

DEFINITELY wouldn't want to run into the Puppet in a dark alley. He looks like he'd kill a man.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Blaziken257 » September 25th, 2015, 1:20 am

I am slightly late to mention this, but after waiting for several months, autumn is finally here! (In the northern hemisphere, anyway.) I welcome the arrival of fall, especially when this summer was absolutely awful where I live. Anybody who lives in the northwestern US will probably agree with me that this summer was much, much, MUCH too hot, and also too dry. (If anybody doesn't believe me, just look here and look at the fourth image, with the map of the United States.) I will never miss it, and I hope I'll never have to deal with a disasterous summer like this one again. But who knows... in any case, I'm excited for this fall! It's one of my favorite seasons, alongside winter.

Also, it's been 13 years since Microsoft bought Rare. While Rare had felt dead for so many years since, it's nice to know that people have a renewed interest in Rare. Partly thanks to Yooka-Laylee, which I'm looking forward to playing, and partly thanks to Microsoft finally taking Rare seriously for once, with Rare Replay (which I unfortunately am unable to play, since I don't have an Xbox One). The situation is certainly better now than it was a few years ago!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby Super Luigi! » September 27th, 2015, 3:47 pm

Let us succeed greatly as we move forth into the uncertain future.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby MatiZ » October 7th, 2015, 4:18 am

I would like to draw something again and it would be related to DKC series. Of course it would be kongs with baddies and the backgroud. Which level should I choose and from which game?
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 85

Postby Qyzbud » October 7th, 2015, 5:04 am

Why not have a go at Trunk Twister from Tropical Freeze? Your first few Tropical Freeze artworks have been amazing, and Trunk Twister is the next level after the masterpieces you've created so far, right? Besides, I'd love to see what you could do with the minecart/forest/plane crash aesthetic. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Phyreburnz » October 8th, 2015, 12:39 am

I wanted to let everyone know that I'm not going to be on the Atlas for a little while... Tragedy struck my family on Monday. My little brother decided that his pain was too much to bear. He just turned 22 on August 1st.

I'm going to dread these next few days. I saw my mum break down and cry just entering the room to pick a casket... I don't know what the hell I'm going to do seeing him in it on Friday. I don't think I can, but I know I have to and that I need to.

I don't know when I'll be back here, but I just had to say something so I wouldn't just vanish to you guys.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Qyzbud » October 8th, 2015, 1:11 am

I'm so sorry to hear that, Phyre... My thoughts are with you and your family. :(
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Cody » October 9th, 2015, 4:39 am

Oh damn, I'm so sorry to hear, Phyre. Just know that we're here for you if you need to talk to us about anything.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby MatiZ » October 9th, 2015, 9:39 pm

Qyzbud wrote:Why not have a go at Trunk Twister from Tropical Freeze? Your first few Tropical Freeze artworks have been amazing, and Trunk Twister is the next level after the masterpieces you've created so far, right? Besides, I'd love to see what you could do with the minecart/forest/plane crash aesthetic. :)

Okay, I was thinking the same, but I already started another Yooka-Laylee's drawing so I will begin after that.

Phyreburnz, I can't express it. I am sorry for your loss.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 85

Postby spaceman2028 » October 10th, 2015, 3:39 am

I don't want to be an evil bastard to you Phyre, but what the heck just happened? I mean, I know your bro decided to drown himself or something but I don't understand why...I feel sorry for you, dearly, nonetheless.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby thetoad11 » October 11th, 2015, 4:00 am

My condolences, Phyre. Sorry for your loss
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 50

Postby Geno » October 13th, 2015, 12:50 am

Whoa, I am following the DK Vine tumblr thing on the tumblrs, and they posted a thing
Spoiler!

Didn't know DKC pinball existed!!

I like the SNES-esque packaging, too
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Cody » October 14th, 2015, 6:12 am

^ that's pretty dope, I want it! I think it's neat how Expresso of all animal buddies is on the cover.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby MatiZ » October 17th, 2015, 5:08 am

https://twitter.com/Kevbayliss/status/6 ... 80?lang=en
Get ready for some old sketches of Diddy Kong Racing.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 85

Postby spaceman2028 » October 21st, 2015, 2:18 pm

So now there's a Nightmare BB, and now Scott has hinted at a Nightmare Mangle. Sweet dreams, everyone.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Katastrophe Kong » December 14th, 2015, 1:53 pm

Do you guys think that 'Lemguin' is a combination of 'Lemming' and 'Penguin' cause they slide off cliffs?

Did everyone else already know this? Cause I'm just now getting it
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby spaceman2028 » December 15th, 2015, 4:08 am

Probably, they might have gotten the same though process, but I kind of had the same feeling so yeah.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

yes this is about smash bros

Postby Geno » December 16th, 2015, 9:26 am

r.i.p. k. rool
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby OneOf99 » December 16th, 2015, 10:27 am

Well we watched this in class today. I am starting to freak out a little. We were laughing the whole class period just because of how ridiculous the animation and story is :lol: Seriously I will bet that most of y'all will be turned away by this :?

By the way, go to 6:08
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Katastrophe Kong » January 8th, 2016, 2:40 pm

Anybody else play Metal Gear Solid? I played through /most/ of the Metal Gear games over the summer. Pretty good.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Markster » March 9th, 2016, 12:40 pm

Hey guys, I have been playing with this game development software called Unity. It's free and it now supports 2D! :D I might attempt another DKC engine using Unity, but don't get your hopes up, as I'm known to half-bake these things sometime. :oops:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Super Luigi! » March 17th, 2016, 6:34 am

I'm making a better effort at visiting this place. I've been gone a long time, and I began to think I shouldn't return. Since then, I've changed my mind. So, I shall attempt to visit here much more frequently like I used to.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Markster » April 27th, 2016, 7:50 pm

Hey guys, I got to try virtual reality with my smartphone WITH Google Cardboard. It was so cool! Now I want VR DKC. :ugeek:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby spaceman2028 » April 28th, 2016, 8:48 am

So this happened, apparently.

I honestly thought it was gonna be something like Chipper & Sons or whatever, but this is pretty awesome too! Dunno if this is a teaser for a new game project or the movie(looks kinda like one of the things from the movie), but I love it nonetheless.

I'm certainly excited for this one you guys! Are you?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby OneOf99 » April 28th, 2016, 10:33 am

Was this on Scott's site? How do we know this is real?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby spaceman2028 » April 28th, 2016, 12:34 pm

Yes, it was on Scott's Site. He teased us with some kind of project, slowly filling in letters until the project's name was revealed, and something was bound to show up along with it. And this is it!

You'll have to go check it out over on Scottgames, but it is there!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby OneOf99 » April 29th, 2016, 7:47 am

I'll be honest here, this just seems like a bad idea. I mean, the FNAF series has been wrung dry not just because of how many were released at once, but also because of Game Theory, Markiplier, and the Internetz bringing it up so much in a short span of time. I am tired of the series, it happened way too quickly...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Markster » June 12th, 2016, 1:07 pm

I made my first 3D model! :D It's nothing special, it's just a generic low poly tree, but still!

Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes