Your favorite level in DKC2?

Talk about Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest for SNES and VC.
The GBA port can be discussed in the Port (GBA) subforum.

Your favorite level in DKC2?

Postby Bille Dourado » February 4th, 2011, 11:39 am

My favorite level is Bramble Scramble. (I love this level music)
Newcomer

Re: Your favorite level in DKC2?

Postby Phyreburnz » February 8th, 2011, 1:41 am

Chain Link Chamber. All the effing way. I absolutely loved the castle theme. I wish there were more than three castle levels, though. I also really liked Rickety Race, it's one of the few levels that still hold a challenge after playing it fifty-bagillion times.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Glimmer » April 15th, 2012, 12:51 pm

Rattle Battle for me. I've always liked the ship deck levels and additionaly i love the music in that one. It's a real joy to play the level, mainly because of the music.
Tourist

Postby Soniccuz » April 15th, 2012, 5:09 pm

I have a similar appreciation for Mainbrace Mayham. It's only the second level but, I'd run through it time and again to hear Jib Jig.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Postby len8946 » April 19th, 2012, 1:01 pm

Ghostly Grove, Gusty Glade, or Web Woods.
I can't decide. The level design was amazing in all of them, and as they all played so differently you can't separate them.
The music is amazing though. By far my favorite VGM of all time. (sorry Stickerbush Symphony, I love you too)

Not only that, the graphics. My god, it was such an amazing atmosphere.
These three levels are tied for first with DKC's Slipslide Ride for my favorite level from the entire trilogy.
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby Katastrophe Kong » August 1st, 2012, 10:15 am

Rambi Run: The hive levels satisfy my need to find the origin of the Zingers, my need to infiltrate enemy territory, and you get to see King Zing before you fight him. Think about it: a Rhino in a bee-hive... when are you going to get to experience that again? Yet it makes so much sense. Rare has that way of taking crazy concepts and making them sensible.

Haunted Hall: Another example of Rare making crazy things make sense: A rollercoaster in a haunted mansion... sounds good to me! And it's the only time you get to see Kackle and the Haunted House archetype.

Rattle Battle: The music here is so lively and unique, the green atmosphere looks awesome and matches Rattly's color, and just playing an entire level as an Animal Buddy has always been a concept I enjoyed.

Bramble Scramble: I love the Stickerbush Symphony song, Brambles are very soothing, and the level is long and complex, giving you plenty of time to appreciate everything about this level.

Animal Antics: It may have been a pain in my Donkey Kong, but the level combines most of the archetypes, lets you play as all the major Animal Buddies, and makes an excellent finale to the lost world.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby rockkroc » August 20th, 2012, 8:11 pm

Kannon's Klaim- I love the music there and the level is a bit challenging.
Bramble Scramble- the music is also awesome and I love the background that makes it feel like you're in the sky or something.
Haunted Hall- getting chased by a ghost is really creepy but fun. ;)
Newcomer

what is your favorite level?

Postby speedy10 » August 24th, 2012, 2:33 pm

My favorite is Ghostly Grove.
Newcomer

Re: what is your favorite level?

Postby Markster » August 25th, 2012, 5:58 am

Animal Antics or Klobber Karnage for sure, it's super fun and challenging.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby 7S7ui3 » September 22nd, 2012, 7:37 am

web woods, the music and the atmosphere=nerd/nostalgiagasm
Tourist

Postby Katastrophe Kong » September 22nd, 2012, 10:26 am

Don't we already have a favorite level topic for Donkey Kong Country 2?
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Qyzbud » October 10th, 2012, 2:30 am

Yeah, there was a similar topic - they are now merged.

I'd probably pick either Clapper's Cavern or Animal Antics - most likely the latter. I love the variety and the challenge of AA, but I'm also a sucker for the run, jump, duck, slide obstacle course of CC... oh and Slime Climb gets an honorary mention because of how cool (and terrifying!) it is; scampering up the mainbraces and rigging of a sinking ship in a bid to escape a ravenous and relentless piranha... I'd say this is probably my most 'feared' level from my childhood, so its memory stays with me. :|

Oh, and all of the enchanted forest levels are amazing for atmosphere, I agree.

Yeah, I'm really bad at picking just one favourite level. :oops:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Super Luigi! » October 11th, 2012, 1:26 pm

When you're talking about any DKC, that's not a bad thing! If we only had one favorite level, the games wouldn't have been as excellent as they were!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby TheIronBladeGamer » August 29th, 2013, 6:15 am

Ahhhh, that's a tough question. I'm gonna say either Target Terror or Rickety Race. Partly because of the music, partly because it's just a cool level with the rollercoaster and the fireworks in the background.
Newcomer
Bananas received 1

Postby killer dagger » October 10th, 2013, 12:31 am

:swanky: OMG i love donkey kong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like all dk2 levels fun :mrgreen:
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby Qyzbud » October 10th, 2013, 12:40 am

killer dagger, I like your enthusiasm — but nothing else about your post.

Please read the rules before posting again.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby CatLoverMolly » October 17th, 2013, 8:37 am

I absolutely love Hot Head Hop, Bramble Scramble, Red Hot Ride, Rickety Race, Snakey Shanty and Barrel Bayou [assuming I got the names all right]. I can't pick a favorite among these; they're all too awesome.
They had excellent music, some cool but not annoying gimmicks, and beautiful graphics. Of course that can be said for most of the game but I personally believe these six stages really exemplify the idea of what DKC really is.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 100

Postby Qyzbud » October 18th, 2013, 8:42 pm

Snakey Shanty Chantey is the name of Rattle Battle's music (and if we're being incredibly pedantic, Hot-Head Hop is hyphenated...), but otherwise, you got 'em right. :)

Just wondering...

CatLoverMolly wrote:[...]I personally believe these six stages really exemplify the idea of what DKC really is[...]

Did you mean DKC2, or the DKC series in general?
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby CatLoverMolly » October 18th, 2013, 10:12 pm

In general. Good music, fun platforming, perfect difficulty to keep you coming back each time you die, little gimmicks to keep the game fresh...they're great.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 100

Postby Qyzbud » October 19th, 2013, 12:15 pm

I couldn't agree more, but like you said... most (if not all) of the game is like that, which is a large reason it's so darn excellent.

You did choose some particularly stand-out levels, though. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby PegasusMan » October 25th, 2014, 7:13 am

I have to say that Klobber Karnage is my favorite. It's something about those barrels that make it so fun... Oh yeah, and Fiery Furnace. That one's fun too!
Previously "Donkey Kong Fan"
Bananas received 8

Postby Termingamer2-JD » October 19th, 2015, 5:47 am

Not intentionally bumping...

Kannon's Klaim and Lockjaw's Locker (or whatever it's called). The former uses the best song in the game and is still a good level anyway due to its layout, and Lockjaw's Locker has a pretty nice idea in general.
Tourist

Return to Donkey Kong Country 2