Donkey Kong Country (Pokemon DPPt Soundfont) Remix Project

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Donkey Kong Country (Pokemon DPPt Soundfont) Remix Project

Postby Ninni973 » October 19th, 2014, 1:42 pm

Hello, guys, I'm back, and today, I bring you a project I am working on: the entire Donkey Kong Country trilogy soundtrack remixed using the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum soundfont.

Oh, and by the way, the first one is done.

And if you want to download the songs individually, here's the link for the download:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Donkey-Ko ... -489314500

I hope you guys like it! :thumbs:

EDIT: Donkey Kong Country 2 done.

Soundtrack download link:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Donkey-Ko ... -489497066

Enjoy! :thumbs:

EDIT 2: Donkey Kong Country 3 done. The project is finally finished... :)

Soundtack download link:

http://riolulucariofan9000.deviantart.c ... -489757358

Enjoy, and tell me what you think. :thumbs:
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Re: Donkey Kong Country (Pokemon DPPt Soundfont) Remix Proje

Postby Qyzbud » October 21st, 2014, 3:36 pm

Welcome back, Ninni. :)

For the most part, these seem to be very faithful recreations — although I must say I enjoyed the creative flourishes you added. As I mentioned in chat, I'm surprised how well the instruments fit, but mostly I find that listening to the DKC soundtracks with different instruments makes me realise how perfect the original samples were for the music. Of course, I could be letting nostalgia and my fondness for the original sounds cloud my judgement ever so slightly, but I guess that can't be helped.

I'm curious to know what your process was for creating these; what software/techniques/resources did you use? Recreating the DKL soundtrack using DKC samples, or doing what you did here, only with higher quality versions of the original DKC series' samples could be amazing for us DKC/DKL fans to listen to. :swanky:

The DKC/PKMN screenshots you've put together are a nice touch — quite fun and cute. :D
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Ninni973 » October 21st, 2014, 9:53 pm

Thanks, and I used SynthFont to create the Donkey Kong Country soundtrack remixes. DKC1 took me a whopping 6 hours, DKC2 took me 6, I think. And DKC3 took me 3 hours.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Postby CatLoverMolly » November 18th, 2014, 1:04 pm

I can't believe more people haven't commented on this already.
Bramble Blast, Rockface Rumble and Hot Head Bop were naturally the first songs I skipped to, and they seemed good enough (I loved Bramble Blast!) to get me to listen to the entire soundtracks. I can't say I was disappointed! You did a great job!! :dixiehappy:
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 100

Postby TimeRe4per » November 18th, 2014, 2:45 pm

The tracks sound great so far, for what I have listened to. Although, I did notice that the percussion instrument you chose for 'Crazy Calypso' created a distracting static effect.
Newcomer
Bananas received 1

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks