DKCTF Soundtrack Discussion (COMPLETE OST AVAILABLE)

Talk about Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for Wii U (and Switch!), developed by Retro Studios.

DKCTF Soundtrack Discussion (COMPLETE OST AVAILABLE)

Postby Simion32 » March 4th, 2014, 7:59 am

Here's a thread for us to discuss nothing but the music in the game, along with a little treat I dug up. ;)

EDIT: Added link by CountryFan.
DKCTF Actually Complete Soundtrack
(ALT) DKCTF Complete Soundtrack - DDSP MP3s

I leached this link from elsewhere on the web:
DKCTF Full Soundtrack (Obvious Spoilers)
To download, UNCHECK the agreement box below the download button.
EDIT: Note that the music in the download isn't of absolutely perfect quality.

Among my favorite tracks are Scorch & Torch and Harvest Hazards. :D
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Re: DKCTF Soundtrack Discussion (+Download)

Postby Monkeyshrapnel » March 5th, 2014, 5:42 am

So far my favourite musical score is Amiss Abyss, I wish D. Wise would come up with more original songs or at least make the remixes less obvious, things like the DKC 2 Bonus theme being a remix of DK Island Swing from DKC, especially considering that my favourite song from DKC Returns wasn't even a remix but one of the few original songs.

The DKC Tropical Freeze soundtrack is fantastic though
and even though I haven't quite beat the game yet, I'm looking forward to it!

Edit* Now that I've listened to every song in the game, Wing Ding is now tied with Amiss Abyss along with Trunk Twister and Windmill Hills for my favourite song of the game, these songs are just so good! Special note to Trunk Twister for being the first Minecart musical score in a long time to not be a remix of Mine Cart Carnage, and it's god damn glorious!
Tourist
Bananas received 3

Re: DKCTF Soundtrack Discussion (COMPLETE OST AVAILABLE)

Postby Qyzbud » October 12th, 2014, 3:28 pm

What the devil are you on about, CountryFan? Do I need to download to find out? :scratch:

Also, thanks for sharing this way-back-when, Simion; very, very enjoyable soundtrack. :D
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Simion32 » October 12th, 2014, 11:19 pm

The soundtrack he posted has separated tracks, as in, the dynamic music in various sections, as well as missing minor tracks (94 vs the old 58 tracks). It's "complete" and is a direct DSP rip, meaning the audio came directly from the game disc rather than a recording.

The quality is definitely higher, too, though I'm not sure I approve of the ripper's approach of using mp3s. :P
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Monkeyshrapnel » October 13th, 2014, 5:35 am

Plus there's a few songs that have been otherwise impossible to listen to the full version, such as Trunk Twister
Tourist
Bananas received 3

Postby Qyzbud » October 13th, 2014, 8:31 pm

Oh, well that's great news! Thanks for the link, CountryFan (and for the info, Simion and Monkeyshrapnel).

I'm surprised that this new, higher quality collection (with far more tracks) is actually a considerably smaller download... I guess the 160kbps bitrate is a big part of this. I don't mind the MP3 approach (hopefully a lossless version is out there somewhere, though...), but I certainly prefer the variable bitrate encoding of the previous release. Hopefully the compression isn't audible. :?
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby CountryFan » October 14th, 2014, 1:18 pm

Truly complete soundtrack:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yhmxb ... dtrack.RAR
Now with missing tracks and duplicates removed.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 23

Postby Qyzbud » October 14th, 2014, 1:24 pm

Thanks for these links; where are you getting them? I feel as though credit ought to be given for whoever has done this extraction/encoding/upload etc. :)

Edit 1: I just finished listening to the previous collection. Hopefully the new upload includes a fixed version of the 'Credits' track; the one I just heard was cut off abruptly at 6:57. I guess I'll find out in ~12 minutes.
Edit 2: The Credits track issue persists... but the extra tracks and tidier listing are nice to have. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby CountryFan » October 15th, 2014, 5:13 pm

We don't know who originally ripped the files, I just tagged and converted them. As for the the Credits issue, that might be because of the looping points.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 23

Postby Simion32 » October 16th, 2014, 5:15 am

Comparison via Hex Editor suggests that the music from the latest two links was from the same rip.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Qyzbud » October 16th, 2014, 12:10 pm

CountryFan wrote:We don't know who originally ripped the files, I just tagged and converted them.

How did you come across the DDSP rips, CountryFan? I'd like to have a copy of them (or a lossless conversion — such as FLAC), if that's at all possible. It'd be nice to have VBR or 320kbps MP3s, too. :)

When you say you tagged them, do you mean you renamed the files? The tracks I extracted (both links you gave) don't seem to have any ID3 tag info.

There still seem to be a few tracks missing (initial game-loading music and normal level results screen, for example). Do you think you'll be able to incorporate those (and any others that might be missing) via the DDSP method?
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Return to Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze